PDA

View Full Version : Why The Bsa Money?? Huh?

lakesbison
06-20-2007, 09:45 PM
WHY IS NDSU WASTING THEIR MONEY RENOVATING THE BSA!!!!

But cmon, NO WAY NDSU should spend $8-15 million on the BSA, when we can spend $1-2 Million on BSA to just do minor touchups, and spend the rest on the FARGODOME PROJECT!!!

TransAmBison
06-21-2007, 02:15 AM
The reason is because that is what people donated for. I'm not saying that is the only reason, but a lot of people would be upset if the money they gave to renovate the BSA was then used to fund something else. They would burn some bridges, and they are doing things the right way.

lakesbison
06-21-2007, 02:34 AM
I would think most of the people that donated the money were smart enough business men and women to understand that its throwing money somewhere that could be used to ENHANCE the FARGODOME EXPANSION ARENA.

I just dont understand why NDSU needs $8-15 Mill for BSA, and NOW $15 mill for the dome arena.

I cant be the ONLY one thinking this AM I?

TheBisonator
06-21-2007, 02:34 AM
There's already $8.5 million in place, and that's at least what will be spent on the BSA is the Fargodome arena is in place. Which would you rather have lakes, a new arena attached to the dome with a BSA that's only had a $1 million face lift, or the same dome arena with a BSA that's seen at least $8.5 million in extensive renovations??

Bison Dan
06-21-2007, 12:25 PM
There's already $8.5 million in place, and that's at least what will be spent on the BSA is the Fargodome arena is in place. Which would you rather have lakes, a new arena attached to the dome with a BSA that's only had a $1 million face lift, or the same dome arena with a BSA that's seen at least $8.5 million in extensive renovations??

The BSA will house most of the offices and coaches. It needs updating. I envision at sometime that the new arena (if built) will be connected somehow to the BSA.

imabison
06-21-2007, 12:59 PM
WHY IS NDSU WASTING THEIR MONEY RENOVATING THE BSA!!!!

But cmon, NO WAY NDSU should spend $8-15 million on the BSA, when we can spend $1-2 Million on BSA to just do minor touchups, and spend the rest on the FARGODOME PROJECT!!!
Lakes seems to forget that the BSA is not just used by athletics. All the student of NDSU are able to use it for many items.

Bison bison
06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
If they put the arena on top of the FargoDome the BSA could connect to it with a long escalator.

DORMIE
06-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Lakes, next time you're in the BSA look up Taylor and have him show you the plans for the renovation on the BSA. It has to do with offices , weight room, locker rooms for all sports and offices and practice facilities for both basketball teams. None of this has anything to do with an addition to the Dome. We would only use the Dome addition for games.

lakesbison
06-21-2007, 04:47 PM
dormie. Im not really mad, Im just thinking its "kinda" a waste of money, when we could use it towards the Dome expansion thing.

Bison Dan
06-21-2007, 05:08 PM
dormie. Im not really mad, Im just thinking its "kinda" a waste of money, when we could use it towards the Dome expansion thing.

2 entirely different needs and buildings.

Herd
06-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Do them both, and do them both right. End of story. No way you do the BSA project on the cheap, no way.

sambini
06-22-2007, 12:07 AM
+++++++++++++Gitter done++++++++++++

99Bison
06-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Do them both, and do them both right. End of story. No way you do the BSA project on the cheap, no way.

CORRECT, YES!

Yo
06-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Totally agree.:nod: :nod: :nod:

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 04:58 AM
I too agree. ;)