PDA

View Full Version : Burrell & Robinson in Arena Football

SDbison
06-19-2007, 02:08 AM
This past Saturday night I was able to watch former NDSU players Allen Burrell and Alvin Robinson in Arena Football action. Robinson did a good job filling in for the injured Leif Murphy at Defensive End (see my other thread on Murphy's recent success). Burrell had a couple nice TD receptions including a length of the field catch under tight coverage where he immediately went over the endzone boards. Awesome!
The Sioux Falls Storm have now won 31 straight games and the NDSU grads are contributing to their success. Also, the offensive line coach is John Semchenko (he was an outstanding Center for the Storm from 2001 to 2006). I believe prior to that Semchenko played for the Bison.
I had a great time as my seats were in row 1, The wait staff made sure I always had a beer in my hand, and I was able to have a few words with the other teams players and coaches. Kind of wierd being that close to the action. One errant pass almost took out an entire tray of beers the beer lady was carrying (thanks to a guy in the row behind a disaster was averted). Also had a screaming pass come right at me......thank God the receiver reached out and caught it (at that time several beers had significantly slowed my response time).
Here is an article about the game complete with a photo of Burrell and Robinson:
http://www.siouxfallsstorm.com/news/detail.cfm?id=413

sambini
06-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Thanks SD Bison. Yes John S played for the Bison. The pride of MAX,ND

Bisonguy
06-20-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the update. Great to see someone getting their football fix taken care of, at least for now.

87Bisonfan
07-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks SD Bison. Yes John S played for the Bison. The pride of MAX,ND

Max, ND -- home of the Cossacks (very unique school mascot name).

I believe John's dad still has the Bison cadillac he used to drive to all the games.

Yo
07-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I believe John's dad still has the Bison cadillac he used to drive to all the games.

That would make a great tailgating rig.:nod:

87Bisonfan
07-13-2007, 03:35 AM
That would make a great tailgating rig.:nod:

Last time I talked to him he said it was for sale. Has high miles but would be great to tailgate with. PM me if interested and I can get you his contact info.