PDA

View Full Version : Fargo-Bound: Help My Bearkats Out

TexasTerror
06-17-2007, 04:48 PM
NDSU fans...

TT here again...

My friends on KatFans.com need some help in navigating to Fargo, ND. Lots of discussion on best way to travel via air, some discussion of driving all the way up there from Texas and about places to stay...

Help my Bearkat friends out!

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5401

imabison
06-18-2007, 01:57 AM
NDSU fans...

TT here again...

My friends on KatFans.com need some help in navigating to Fargo, ND. Lots of discussion on best way to travel via air, some discussion of driving all the way up there from Texas and about places to stay...

I tried to sign in, but your katfan site requires activation so I will answer you here.

Option 1 which was discussed on your site. Driving. Gas in Fargo is $ 2.94 today.

Option 2 fly into Fargo. The costs for tickets in are not the cheapest, but have dropped. Service is by United Airlines, Northwest Airlines, or Delta Airlines. Continental Airlines code shares certain flights with Northwest, and Delta so check that option. Strangely occassionally the CO flights are less expensive for the same flights.

Option 3 fly to Minneapolis, and drive.

Option 4 fly to Sioux Falls, SD and drive.

Option 5, move to Fargo, become a Bison fan!!!

56BISON73
06-18-2007, 02:17 AM
NDSU fans...

TT here again...

Lets see
Round Trip 2600 miles~20mpg=130gallons x 3.00 = 390.00 for gas

So it all depends on how many guys you are traveling with to split the costs. Plus 2600 miles in a 3-4 day turn around???? Ive done a bunch of those. The first 500-600 miles is fun. After that there arent anymore new jokes or stories to tell. also the return trip is a ball buster.
I would fly.
PL

Bisonguy
06-18-2007, 02:55 AM
NDSU fans...

TT here again...

Still waiting for my account to be approved on Katfans.....

So, here's the places to stay if you want to be within walking distance of the Fabulouus Fargodome (all three are either right across the street or across a parking lot):

1)Days Inn- this is probably the least expensive, yet not really cheap option

2)Candlewood Suites- this is run by NDSU and is the closest (the tailgating lot is the only thing between it and the Fargodome) of the three options. I believe there are microwaves and fridges in all rooms.

3)Homewood Suites by Hilton- somewhat similiar to Candlewood, but this is the preferred option of at least one member on here that stays overnight.

Other amenities in the immediate area of the Fargodome include (I would classify all as within walking distance if visiting ~four or five blocks at most):

Restaurants-
Applebee's
Taco Bell
Buffalo Wild Wings (or course, it's also a bar)
Burger King
Subway
McDonald's
Pizza Hut
Labby's (bar food and a bar)
Grand Junction (local "East Coast style" subs):hungry: :hungry:
Quizno's
Some Chinese buffet/restaurant that I forgot the name of
Juano's (somewhat like a Qdoba or Chipotle)

There's also two gas/convenience stores, a liquor store, an Osco drug that has some groceries, and the Fargo Air Museum within walking distance.

If you have a little more money to spend, are looking for something a little more 'upscale', and don't really care if you're within walking distance of the Fargodome, I would recommend staying at the Hotel Donaldson (http://www.hoteldonaldson.com/main.html) Rooms are $185/night, but most everyone that has stayed there says it's a great value.

TransAmBison
06-18-2007, 03:06 AM
Still waiting for my account to be approved on Katfans.....

So, here's the places to stay if you want to be withing walking distance of the Fabulouus Fargodome (all three are either right across the street or across a parking lot):

1)Days Inn- this is probably the least expensive, yet not really cheap option

2)Candlewood Suites- this is run by NDSU and is the closest (the tailgating lot is the only thing between it and the Fargodome) of the three options. I believe there are microwaves and fridges in all rooms.

3)Homewood Suites by Hilton- somewhat similiar to Candlewood, but this is the preferred option of at least one member on here that stays overnight.

Other amenities in the immediate area of the Fargodome include (I would classify all as within walking distance if visiting ~four or five blocks at most):

Restaurants-
Applebee's
Taco Bell
Buffalo Wild Wings (or course, it's also a bar)
Burger King
Subway
McDonald's
Pizza Hut
Labby's (bar food and a bar)
Grand Junction (local "East Coast style" subs):hungry: :hungry:
Quizno's
Some Chinese buffet/restaurant that I forgot the name of
Juano's (somewhat like a Qdoba or Chipotle)

There's also two gas/convenience stores, a liquor store, an Osco drug that has some groceries, and the Fargo Air Museum within walking distance.

If you have a little more money to spend, are looking for something a little more 'upscale', and don't really care if you're within walking distance of the Fargodome, I would recommend staying at the Hotel Donaldson (http://www.hoteldonaldson.com/main.html) Rooms are $185/night, but most everyone that has stayed there says it's a great value.
Don't forget about the Bison Turf and Pizza Patrol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bisonguy
06-18-2007, 03:17 AM

Yeah, Pizza Patrol, 241-9000, just make sure to get the Golden French crust.

The Bison Turf is pushing it for within walking distance of the Fargodome hotels IMO, especially with BW3 and Labby's right there.

TransAmBison
06-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Yeah, Pizza Patrol, 241-9000, just make sure to get the Golden French crust.

The Bison Turf is pushing it for within walking distance of the Fargodome hotels IMO, especially with BW3 and Labby's right there.
Might not be walking distance, but it is STUMBLING distance!!!!!!!!

Bisonguy
06-18-2007, 03:25 AM
Might not be walking distance, but it is STUMBLING distance!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I STUMBLED from campus to MSU and the West Acres area a few times. I wouldn't recommend it, however. :p :p :innocent:

imabison
06-18-2007, 03:40 AM
Also add Taco Del Mar, which is behind Pizza Hut. I guess I am not sure if its open yet.

Another close hotel would be the Microtel. Nice rooms, not walking distance to the Fargodome.

Bisonguy
06-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Oh yeah, noticed you guys were looking to possbily do some tailgating.

It looks like the game will be at 6 PM CST, so the tailgating lots will open up at 1 PM.

Some rules to consider-

If you want to have any adult beverages, you must be in the west lots, located on the back side of the Fargodome.

If you're under 21, you must have a LEGAL guardian with you to enter the west lots. Not a buddy that says he's your legal guardian.

If you're not drinking, tailgating is allowed in any of the other Fargodome lots.

All adult beverages must be in plastic cups. No exceptions. Make sure to bring cups.

For some real friendly fans that have hosted plenty of other visiting fans (Nicholls State, Northeastern, etc.) that had a great time, just look for the..........
Well, we'll tell you what to look for once we get closer to the game.....

TransAmBison
06-18-2007, 03:47 AM
For some real friendly fans that have hosted plenty of other visiting fans (Nicholls State, Northeastern, etc.) that had a great time, just look for the..........
Well, we'll tell you what to look for once we get closer to the game.....
Yes, because not all tailgates are equal...some are willing to go that extra mile!:nod:

X-Factor
06-18-2007, 03:48 AM
the kat fans are really showing some interrest in this game!

TT, any idea how many we can expect in the tailgating lots? :hungry:

Bisonguy
06-18-2007, 03:52 AM
Also add Taco Del Mar, which is behind Pizza Hut. I guess I am not sure if its open yet.

Another close hotel would be the Microtel. Nice rooms, not walking distance to the Fargodome.

Cripes, I completely forgot about Taco Del Mar. :banghead: They should easily be open by the time of the game.

56BISON73
06-18-2007, 05:13 AM

I just booked my room there for the SHS game. Ive stay at a few Micro Tels and they arent bad. High speed internet and free local and long distance calls plus breakfast.

49.00 on thurs 54.00 fri and sat. Through Travelocity.

PL

TexasTerror
06-19-2007, 12:12 AM
TT, any idea how many we can expect in the tailgating lots? :hungry:

Not really sure...

I attended the game at Southeastern Louisiana last year (the furthest road trip within SLC play) and there was a good turnout there of Bearkat fans, atleast more than I expected - 250 to 300 Bearkats including the cheerleaders and mascot.

There's a lot of energy and excitement about the SHSU athletic department. I really hope it carries over into the fall. We need to keep the good times rolling in Huntsville and if the Kats can have two good years riding the coattails of Rhett Bomar, so be it...

TheBisonator
06-19-2007, 05:00 AM
There's 3 major hotels and about 2 dozen eating establishments along 19th Ave. North (as well as the airport, campus, air museum, etc), so you shouldn't have any problem looking for what you need to look for. The Fargodome is located on the main commercial strip of North Fargo (19th Ave. North), so it's a real convenience. It's not off the beaten path or tucked away at all.

Bisonguy
06-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Cripes, TT, how long does it take to have your account approved on Katfans?? :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Looks like some Bearkat fans might be staying at Lindenwood. Not a bad choice if they want to camp in town. Also close to Duane's House of Pizza, a Fargo original. :nod: :hungry:

roadwarrior
06-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Willl Lindenwood be dry by September?

TexasTerror
06-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Cripes, TT, how long does it take to have your account approved on Katfans?? :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Not sure...I hope they didn't delete your account when they knocked out some bots...

Hammersmith
06-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Looks like some Bearkat fans might be staying at Lindenwood. Not a bad choice if they want to camp in town. Also close to Duane's House of Pizza, a Fargo original. :nod: :hungry:
Try logging in. I applied about the same time you did and also never got a confirmation message. Today I decided to try logging in anyway, and it worked.

NDSUFREAK
06-23-2007, 10:49 PM
bisonguy, you forgot to mention Sammy's Pizza on Broadway!! Best pizza in town i would say.

Bisonguy
06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Try logging in. I applied about the same time you did and also never got a confirmation message. Today I decided to try logging in anyway, and it worked.

Hammersmith, the Katfans.com IT guru!!

I just assumed that since the welcome email stated I would receive another message once my account was activated, that my account wasn't active.

TexasTerror
06-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Glad to see you folks on our board!

Hammersmith
06-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Hammersmith, the Katfans.com IT guru!!

I just assumed that since the welcome email stated I would receive another message once my account was activated, that my account wasn't active.
I thought the same thing. Today I thought, "What the hell, might as well try to log in and see what happens." Of course, I tried writing one of my trademarked, registered and patented Hammersmith's Very-Long Posting(tm), only to have the board eat it when I went to preview the post. I think I was writing for so long, my session timed out. <sigh> I suck.

sambini
06-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Don't forget Chubs Pub....

meeks82
07-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I will be making the drive along with at least 3 others from Katfans. One of my best friends from jr. high lives in Fargo now. He is a Minnesota State alum and might be hitting up the game with us. I'll be looking forward to seeing y'all. I have a lot of respect for the Bison and I think this is one of the toughest games on our schedule. That's part of why I'm making this trip. I want as many Kats up there to support the team as possible. If we can come away with a win, we'll know we have something special this year. Right now, I think our biggest question marks are the receivers and the defensive backs. I look forward to tailgating with many of you. Good luck to your team this season...aside from 9/15 that is. ;)

Tatanka
07-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Awesome. We'll see you in the tailgating lot!

CaBisonFan
07-03-2007, 04:10 PM
NDSU fans...

TT here again...

I'm not sure if there's service in your area...but Sun Country Airlines has some fabulous deals to Minneapolis, which puts you within about 3 or 4 hours of Fargo. They even serve real food.

Yo
07-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Awesome. We'll see you in the tailgating lot!

And just a note, the tailgating lot opens up 5 hours before game time.:hungry: :cheers:

meeks82
07-04-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure if there's service in your area...but Sun Country Airlines has some fabulous deals to Minneapolis, which puts you within about 3 or 4 hours of Fargo. They even serve real food.

I think we're sticking with making the drive. Road trips are more fun anyway.

meeks82
07-04-2007, 10:37 AM
And just a note, the tailgating lot opens up 5 hours before game time.:hungry: :cheers:

Sounds good. We'll have to introduce y'all to some good Texas style BBQ.

sambini
07-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Stop by the Budweiser tailgating van and barbeque. Ask for Thor old number 99 Bison football alumni.

meeks82
07-04-2007, 08:47 PM
We'll be sure to do that.