PDA

View Full Version : This could be a problem :)

tony
06-16-2007, 09:26 PM
1 Bentrim
10 Simdorn
11 Walker

See the pattern? What should the number of NDSU's next great QB be?

Warning: This is extremely stupid.

Hammersmith
06-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Talk about running out of jersey room. Ben Franklin would be shocked.

West_River
06-16-2007, 10:56 PM
What would it take to allow a number 100 in football, might 00 be considered and equal??

Herd
06-16-2007, 10:57 PM
The pattern is actually . . . 1,10,11,etc

Therefore the pattern: Add 9, Add 1, Add 9, Add 1.

So our next great QB after Walker will #20. I'll settle for #18 however.

Bisonguy
06-16-2007, 11:02 PM
1 Bentrim
10 Simdorn
11 Walker

Is there anything in the NCAA rules stating that schools must use Base 10 to represent the numbers?:hide:

The rest of the list for a couple upcoming decades:

Bisonguy
06-16-2007, 11:04 PM
The pattern is actually . . . 1,10,11,etc

Therefore the pattern: Add 9, Add 1, Add 9, Add 1.

So our next great QB after Walker will #20. I'll settle for #18 however.

I thought it was simple binary counting...1,2,3......

lakesbison
06-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Mertens 18 . Thats The Ticket. . .

NDSU_grad
06-17-2007, 05:27 PM
I was thinking it had something to do with binary also.

tony
06-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Oh yeah, I was thinking binary (computer science major, after all) so 100 would be the next one.

Like the t-shirt says, "There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't." Not that I'd ever wear that shirt... I might be a geek but there's no reason to advertise it anymore than I already do.

Hammersmith
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
FRY: Bender, what is it?
BENDER: Whoa, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere. And I thought I saw a two.
FRY: It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two.

BisonNeil
06-18-2007, 11:08 PM
1 Bentrim
10 Simdorn
11 Walker

Unfortunately, I am checking out this blog after two glasses of wine, so I cannot remember the name of the mathematical theorum that applies here. Basically it states that the next number is the sum of the two previous numbers.

So, the next great Bison QB, if that theorum can be applied to NDSU QBs, would be 21.

Bisonguy
06-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Unfortunately, I am checking out this blog after two glasses of wine, so I cannot remember the name of the mathematical theorum that applies here. Basically it states that the next number is the sum of the two previous numbers.

So, the next great Bison QB, if that theorum can be applied to NDSU QBs, would be 21.

You had too much wine. :D :p This '2' thing you speak of does not apply here.

100 is the next number. :nod:

TransAmBison
06-19-2007, 02:55 AM
If the next qb can hang with the above mentioned three he can wear whatever number he wants as far as I'm concerned!!!!

SDbison
06-19-2007, 03:11 AM
I think this thread demonstrates those posting here are going through extreme Bison football withdrawal. Massive doses of old game video, tailgating / game photos and teammaker news taken as needed should help most of you return to normal, but some will not be cured until the start of the 2007 season.
Wow, reading this stuff makes me wonder if some of you already went over the edge. Remember, fans from other team sites often visit this board.

TransAmBison
06-19-2007, 03:19 AM
I think this thread demonstrates those posting here are going through extreme Bison football withdrawal. Massive doses of old game video, tailgating / game photos and teammaker news taken as needed should help most of you return to normal, but some will not be cured until the start of the 2007 season.
Wow, reading this stuff makes me wonder if some of you already went over the edge. Remember, fans from other team sites often visit this board.
What, you think using the powers of deduction to determine the next quarterback by using binary code is odd? :confused: Inconceivable!!!! I think your logic is one step away from getting yourself involved in a land war in Asia! :D Now, give me a double dose of that medicine you were talking about!!!! :nod:

SDbison
06-19-2007, 03:39 AM
What, you think using the powers of deduction to determine the next quarterback by using binary code is odd? :confused: Inconceivable!!!! I think your logic is one step away from getting yourself involved in a land war in Asia! :D Now, give me a double dose of that medicine you were talking about!!!! :nod:

Now in your case TransAm, I would recommend some additional measures. You seem to be strung up awefully tight and exhibiting all the symptoms of lack of alcohol. August cannot come soon enough for you. Don't worry, Dr Dave will be there soon to administer massive amounts of alcohol. Remember, I will be in Fargo a week before the game and we can get the tailgate bar and beer bong out to make sure all is operational. Man, do you need a drink!

TransAmBison
06-19-2007, 03:49 AM
Now in your case TransAm, I would recommend some additional measures. You seem to be strung up awefully tight and exhibiting all the symptoms of lack of alcohol. August cannot come soon enough for you. Don't worry, Dr Dave will be there soon to administer massive amounts of alcohol. Remember, I will be in Fargo a week before the game and we can get the tailgate bar and beer bong out to make sure all is operational. Man, do you need a drink!
Normally I would question where you got your medical degree, but you are right, you are right. I will take your prescription as directed. Luckily I'm in good with a certain pharmacist!!

56BISON73
06-19-2007, 04:07 AM

I actually watched a replay of the Nebraska-Colorado game from about 10 years ago today on ESPN and an Arena football game today. My wife really likes football but she even looked at me and said" its a tad early in the year for this dont you think"? PL

SDbison
06-19-2007, 04:27 AM
I actually watched a replay of the Nebraska-Colorado game from about 10 years ago today on ESPN and an Arena football game today. My wife really likes football but she even looked at me and said" its a tad early in the year for this dont you think"? PL

That's perfectly normal 56BISON. It's OK anytime of the year to seek out a football fix. The problems really arise when you deny yourself.

TheBisonator
06-19-2007, 04:40 AM
Oops, wrong thread. D'OH!!!

Bisonguy
06-20-2007, 12:52 AM
SDBison- you're lucky because you at least can watch some former Bison right now in Sioux Falls. Some of us have to drive by the Fabulous Fargodome every day, and have to put up with an occasional interview with the coaches on the radio.

CaBisonFan
06-23-2007, 04:55 AM
1 Bentrim
10 Simdorn
11 Walker

I would suggest 1.0

ndsubison1
11-17-2009, 08:32 AM
this thread confused me :confused:

IzzyFlexion
11-17-2009, 12:14 PM
1 Bentrim
10 Simdorn
11 Walker

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/190/1238063536_1.jpg 4 ?

tony
11-17-2009, 12:47 PM
The judges will accept 4.

Ming, how did you find this thread - it must be two years old?

ndsubison1
11-17-2009, 01:06 PM
The judges will accept 4.

Ming, how did you find this thread - it must be two years old?

i was looking at the 'who's online' section and some guest was looking at it so i clicked on it...

Tatanka
11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
The judges were generous on this one. I believe the correct answer to be 100. (which of course is 4 in base ten for all the non-geeks)

ndsubison1
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
The judges were generous on this one. I believe the correct answer to be 100. (which of course is 4 in base ten for all the non-geeks)

huh?

http://technestreport.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/huh.jpg

tony
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
huh?

Binary numbers go 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110 etc (1,2,3,4,5) - thus the "this could be a problem" title. Yep, explaining doesn't make it any funnier, does it? :)

How about this one:

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Calculus.jpg

Calculus is fine but heck if I remember anything about trig (if that's what that "e" thing is from).

Edit: And, no, I didn't have any idea what this check was made out for - the middle part is the problem, is the e to the 2pi?

Ferd
11-17-2009, 03:32 PM

You would be referring to a definition of the Fibonacci sequence. (1,1,2,3,5,8,...)

HandoEX
11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
#11, Dante Perez. Problem solved.
:)

Bison"FANatic"
11-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I am no number guy but maybe we look at it like a fibonocci sequence or what ever that is called where you just add the previous two numbers together to get the next.

Then we have 4 more numbers to go before we hit triple digits. ;) :D :D

Hammersmith
11-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Binary numbers go 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110 etc (1,2,3,4,5) - thus the "this could be a problem" title. Yep, explaining doesn't make it any funnier, does it? :)

How about this one:

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Calculus.jpg

Calculus is fine but heck if I remember anything about trig (if that's what that "e" thing is from).

Edit: And, no, I didn't have any idea what this check was made out for - the middle part is the problem, is the e to the 2pi?

It's made out for $0.002. (I looked it up, no way I'd get it on my own - bisonaudit got me through Univ Calc)

The story goes that a Verizon customer in 2006 was traviling to Canada and wanted to know the roaming rate for data. He called customer service and was quoted the price "point zero zero two cents per kilobyte" or .002c/KB. He thought this was a very good rate, so he asked them to repeat it. They confirmed it and he asked them to note it in his file. When the bill came, however, he was charged at a rate of $0.002/KB or "point zero zero two dollars per kilobyte." His subsequent conversation with Verizon customer service is comedy gold. He spends over half an hour with a rep, a floor supervisor and a manager trying to get them to understand that .002 cents is not the same as $.002.

http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/2007/08/original-recording-of-verizon-customer.html

The check was a third party's response to the story. The guy who wrote the check draws a webcomic and apparently wrote out the check and posted the image on his site. The check was never mailed or even meant to be. The e^(i*pi) equals -1, and the sigma portion is the equivalent of [1/2 + 1/3 + 1/4 + 1/5 + 1/6 + etc] which is the same as .9999... or 1.

So ... (0.002) + (-1) + (1) = 0.002

And the answer to the original poster's question was 100.

The are 10 types of people in the world: Those that understand binary and those that don't.

TheBisonator
11-19-2009, 04:58 AM
I failed trigonometry three times. Your posts are making my head hurt.

DjKyRo
11-19-2009, 07:37 AM
It's made out for $0.002. (I looked it up, no way I'd get it on my own - bisonaudit got me through Univ Calc)

The story goes that a Verizon customer in 2006 was traviling to Canada and wanted to know the roaming rate for data. He called customer service and was quoted the price "point zero zero two cents per kilobyte" or .002c/KB. He thought this was a very good rate, so he asked them to repeat it. They confirmed it and he asked them to note it in his file. When the bill came, however, he was charged at a rate of $0.002/KB or "point zero zero two dollars per kilobyte." His subsequent conversation with Verizon customer service is comedy gold. He spends over half an hour with a rep, a floor supervisor and a manager trying to get them to understand that .002 cents is not the same as $.002.

http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/2007/08/original-recording-of-verizon-customer.html

The check was a third party's response to the story. The guy who wrote the check draws a webcomic and apparently wrote out the check and posted the image on his site. The check was never mailed or even meant to be. The e^(i*pi) equals -1, and the sigma portion is the equivalent of [1/2 + 1/3 + 1/4 + 1/5 + 1/6 + etc] which is the same as .9999... or 1.

The are 10 types of people in the world: Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Hammer, it's posts like these that convince me that you know everything..

GOB1SON
11-19-2009, 12:39 PM

That is awesome. If you have 1/2 hr to waste at work just listen to it in the background and enjoy the complete confusion of Verizon.

Bison bison
11-19-2009, 01:13 PM
...binary solo...

ndsubison1
11-19-2009, 06:16 PM

put me in the don't category... unless it involves some type of sports stat