PDA

View Full Version : Indiana U coach

lakesbison
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
apparently the all time winning coach at INDIANA UNIVERSITY (BIG TEN) has applied to the NDSU job.

INTERESTING!!!

40 applications total

MinotBison
06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
apparently the all time winning coach at INDIANA UNIVERSITY (BIG TEN) has applied to the NDSU job.

INTERESTING!!!

40 applications total

Help us out here. Why would the all time winning coach at Indiana apply here? How long has it been since he has coached at Indiana, why did he leave there, etc. Thanks.

SOGDUSM
06-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Indiana University of Pennsylvania perhaps? NCAA D-II, PSAC

Their website:
www.winwithclass.com

imabison
06-13-2007, 11:47 PM

INTERESTING!!!

40 applications total
Dan Hammer said this afternoon it depends on support, scholarships whether he would consider coming to NDSU.

I know Teamakers have pledge to support athletics to the full level of Scholarships, but has that level been attained yet.

89rabbit
06-14-2007, 12:10 AM
He may be talking about Bob Morgan who coached Indiana from 1984-2005 with 782 wins at Indiana.

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/2187.html

Morgan resigns as IU baseball coach; Longtime coach had sub-.500 Big Ten record in 22 years with Hoosiers

Herald-Times report
June 6, 2005

Indiana baseball coach Bob Morgan has resigned, IU Athletic Director Rick Greenspan announced Sunday.

Morgan recently completed his 22nd season at Indiana and 30th overall. He has a 1,070-586-6 (.646) career record, including a 245-323 mark in the Big Ten (.431). One of just 30 coaches in NCAA Division I baseball history with 1,000 career victories, Morgan entered the 2005 season ranked 11th among the nation's winningest active coaches, and he has sent more than 50 players on to the professional ranks.

Over the past two years, Morgan's teams have a 51-60 record, including 18-45 in the Big Ten.

Morgan said his time in Bloomington has been both personally and professionally rewarding.

"I have enjoyed my 22 years at this institution and believe I have made a significant contribution," Morgan said. "I am indebted to my coaches, players and colleagues with whom I have had the benefit of working."

"We appreciate Bob's dedication and commitment to the Indiana baseball program," Greenspan said. "Bob approached his job with great vigor, and we thank him for his effort and wish Bob and his family the best in future endeavors." . . . (read more)

Go State! :D

bisonpride2k
06-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Dan Hammer said this afternoon it depends on support, scholarships whether he would consider coming to NDSU.

I know Teamakers have pledge to support athletics to the full level of Scholarships, but has that level been attained yet.

Dont kid yourself. Baseball is not even to half of what is allowed in DI. They are at 5 and DI max is 11.75.

bisonpride2k
06-14-2007, 07:23 AM
He may be talking about Bob Morgan who coached Indiana from 1984-2005 with 782 wins at Indiana.

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/2187.html

Morgan resigns as IU baseball coach; Longtime coach had sub-.500 Big Ten record in 22 years with Hoosiers

Herald-Times report
June 6, 2005

Indiana baseball coach Bob Morgan has resigned, IU Athletic Director Rick Greenspan announced Sunday.

Morgan recently completed his 22nd season at Indiana and 30th overall. He has a 1,070-586-6 (.646) career record, including a 245-323 mark in the Big Ten (.431). One of just 30 coaches in NCAA Division I baseball history with 1,000 career victories, Morgan entered the 2005 season ranked 11th among the nation's winningest active coaches, and he has sent more than 50 players on to the professional ranks.

Over the past two years, Morgan's teams have a 51-60 record, including 18-45 in the Big Ten.

Morgan said his time in Bloomington has been both personally and professionally rewarding.

"I have enjoyed my 22 years at this institution and believe I have made a significant contribution," Morgan said. "I am indebted to my coaches, players and colleagues with whom I have had the benefit of working."

"We appreciate Bob's dedication and commitment to the Indiana baseball program," Greenspan said. "Bob approached his job with great vigor, and we thank him for his effort and wish Bob and his family the best in future endeavors." . . . (read more)

Go State! :D

The 2003 and 2004 teams would have won at least 9 games each year in the Big 10. 2001 and 2002 would have done the same for SDSU with Jacobson and Studer bashing in the middle of their lineup. Not Impressive. Especially considering a much larger population base to recruit from and the "Indiana" name.