PDA

View Full Version : 2007-2008 Schedule

Greenie
06-12-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11923&SPID=698&DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2007

Final season of transition to DI. 12 home and 16 road games, and only 1 non-DI game. 18 Summit League games, eligible for regular season championship which would mean a spot in the WNIT.

Mon, Nov 05 Minnesota-Crookston (Exhibition) 7 p.m.
Sun, Nov 11 @Northern Arizona 2 p.m.
Fri, Nov 16 Idaho TBA
Tue, Nov 20 @Minnesota TBA

Cal Poly SLO Tournament
Sat, Nov 24 TBA
Sun, Nov 25 TBA

Sat, Dec 01 @Idaho TBA
Sat, Dec 08 @Centenary * TBA
Mon, Dec 10 @Oral Roberts * TBA
Sat, Dec 15 Valley City State 6 p.m.
Thu, Dec 20 @Wisconsin-Milwaukee TBA
Sat, Dec 22 @Wisconsin-Green Bay TBA
Sun, Dec 30 Montana State 2 p.m.
Sat, Jan 05 Oakland (Mich.) * TBA
Mon, Jan 07 IPFW * TBA
Sat, Jan 12 @Western Illinois * TBA
Mon, Jan 14 @IUPUI * TBA
Sat, Jan 19 UMKC * TBA
Mon, Jan 21 Southern Utah * TBA
Sat, Jan 26 South Dakota State * TBA
Sat, Feb 02 @IPFW * TBA
Mon, Feb 04 @Oakland (Mich.) * TBA
Sat, Feb 09 IUPUI * TBA
Mon, Feb 11 Western Illinois * TBA
Sat, Feb 16 @Southern Utah * TBA
Mon, Feb 18 @UMKC * TBA
Sat, Feb 23 @South Dakota State * TBA
Sat, Mar 01 Oral Roberts * TBA
Mon, Mar 03 Centenary * TBA

* Conference Games

BlueKeyAlum
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Here's my thoughts on how the Summit league will turn out.

1. South Dakota State: Jackrabbits return everyone but Megan Vogel to a team that advanced to the Semis of the WNIT. After flirting with UW-GB, Aaron Johnson opted to stay at SDSU. His teams play agressive defense and are deadly from around the arc. Andrea Verdegan is a solid point guard and they just play well together.

2. Oral Roberts: [6-8 2006-07] plus rolled NDSU early. Have to replace all everything Elisha Turek who was either 1st or 2nd on the team in all categories. They return some size in post player Jenny Hardin who formed a formidible inside combo with Turek.

3. North Dakota State: Bison return 6 of their top 7 scorers but they might not get to play as a couple of Colorado State transfers become eligible. Looking for a true post player but lots of deapth at the wings and backcourt positions.

4. Oakland Michigan: Accumulated a 12-2 record in Mid Con lasts season. Lots of backcourt players returning. Looking for someone to hold down the paint.

5. IUPUI: [7-7, 2006-07] Return Jernisha Cann and 2 other starters.

6. W. Illinois: [6-8, 2006-07]: Return 5 of top 6 scorers who averaged between 4 and 9 points per game.

7. S. Utah [5-9]: Return top 7 scorers who averaged between 5-9 points per game.

8: UMKC [6-8, 2006-07] Kangaroos lose top two scores and rebounders.

9. IPFW: As an indpendent this team lost beig to the Dakota Schools midseason but came back to play both teams close at the end of the season.

10: Centenary [1-13, 2006-2007]: Things won't get easier with the #2 and #3 scorers gone, both who averaged in double digits.

sambini
06-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks Greenie++++

NorCalJack
08-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but, what is up with your home schedule for out of conference games? I mean you only have 3 home games that are non-conference games. One of them is Idaho, which had an RPI last year of 307. The other D-1 team is Montana St. and they had an RPI 243. The last home non-conference is against Valley City State. I would have hoped that NDSU would have stopped playing D-2 or lower schools by this time.

Four of your non-conference games are against Big Sky teams and I'm sorry but I don't get too excited seeing Big Sky teams on a schedule. Typically they don't have high RPI's and I would think NDSU and SDSU should avoid these games.

I'm not trying to talk smack about your schedule, but I was curious what others really thought about the women's schedule. Personally I would think NDSU could and should schedule more non-conference home games against higher RPI teams and should stay away from non-Division 1 teams. I know the Summit league is trying to raise the RPI of all schools, but I'm not sure that schedule is going to do much for your RPI even if you run the table.

Maybe the intent is to go 10-2 heading into conference play. Maybe they are trying to ensure a 20 win season. We will see if a that will help in recruiting.

Good Luck this season. I hope SDSU and NDSU finish 1st and 2nd during the regular season in the Summit League.

Go State!!!

BlueKeyAlum
08-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but, what is up with your home schedule for out of conference games? I mean you only have 3 home games that are non-conference games. One of them is Idaho, which had an RPI last year of 307. The other D-1 team is Montana St. and they had an RPI 243. The last home non-conference is against Valley City State. I would have hoped that NDSU would have stopped playing D-2 or lower schools by this time.

Four of your non-conference games are against Big Sky teams and I'm sorry but I don't get too excited seeing Big Sky teams on a schedule. Typically they don't have high RPI's and I would think NDSU and SDSU should avoid these games.

I'm not trying to talk smack about your schedule, but I was curious what others really thought about the women's schedule. Personally I would think NDSU could and should schedule more non-conference home games against higher RPI teams and should stay away from non-Division 1 teams. I know the Summit league is trying to raise the RPI of all schools, but I'm not sure that schedule is going to do much for your RPI even if you run the table.

Maybe the intent is to go 10-2 heading into conference play. Maybe they are trying to ensure a 20 win season. We will see if a that will help in recruiting.

Good Luck this season. I hope SDSU and NDSU finish 1st and 2nd during the regular season in the Summit League.

Go State!!!

Compaing this schedule to last year's, I believe that most of the out of conference teams are scheduled to honor commitments on the back end of home and home arrangements: Northern Arizona, Montana State, UW-Milwaukee, and UW-Green Bay are all examples of this arrangement. Regarding Idaho, the men had a similar arrangement with the Vandals last season so that may be part of an agreement between the athletic departments.

I would like to see NDSU take on a more upgraded schedule like the Jacks. Hopefully next season that will be the case.

Greenie
08-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I have no problem with the schedule considering there are so many new players, a new conference, and a lack of success the past 2 seasons.

I look for significant progress this season which will set things up for 2008-2009 (more challenging schedule, continued improving team, post-season aspirations, etc).

Bison bison
08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
1. South Dakota State: ............... After flirting with UW-GB, Aaron Johnson opted to stay at SDSU...........

That's a liberal application of the word flirt.

If I flirted with a woman, the way Johnson flirted with UW-GB, I likely be an expecting father.

Tatanka
08-22-2007, 01:03 AM
If I flirted with a woman, the way Johnson flirted with UW-GB, I likely be an expecting father.
:rofl: Well put.

BlueKeyAlum
08-23-2007, 01:21 PM
The opponents for the Cal Poly Tourney are:

Nov. 24th: Fairfield Connecticut
Nov. 25th: Wright State (Ohio)

JJ Penn
08-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Wright State? Ironic, hopefully the new assistant can help with that game plan!

I thought the conference prediction was interesting, but I think Oakland will win it - they signed two outstanding posts from what I hear, a couple of very good 6'3 players - I do agree we will be in the mix this year, which will make year one of Summit Basketball fun to watch!

sambini
08-24-2007, 04:43 AM
Have a fine season Bison. I wish we would quit playing Valley City State etc... They need to get some non-conference games of interest.