PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota???

NDSUstudent
06-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I think this is the last year of a 2 game deal NDSU signed with the Gophers a few years ago and now I am starting to wonder what the future will bring. The Gophers of course have a new coach and that will mean a new scheduling philosphy(the AD doesn't schedule basketball games). The Bison have also changed quite a bit since first inking that deal with the Gophers. We are now of course in a conference and also had what would be called a respectable RPI last year.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that should NDSU play a little hard ball and demand that Minnesota play one game in Fargo if the series is to continue. Tubby may balk at coming to Fargo but I don't think it is exactly good practice for NDSU to continue on playing Minnesota without getting a home game at some point in time. I think our next contract should be a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1, if they say no maybe its time to move on. What are your thoughts?

roadwarrior
06-09-2007, 07:13 PM
They will not agree to play in Fargo. At least not in the near future.

NDSUstudent
06-09-2007, 07:38 PM
They will not agree to play in Fargo. At least not in the near future.

I figured that, asking for them to come here is probably too much too soon but I still wonder if just making Minnesota a yearly road game is the right thing for NDSU to do. If they were more like a Wisconsin then it makes sense but if they continue to struggle maybe its best to play other teams who help out our RPI more. With entry into the Summit we certainly won't be as desperate as before when it comes to needing games and I think it would be wise to schedule only money games that make both financial and RPI sense.

TheDoctor
06-09-2007, 08:24 PM
I think it is a "marque" road/home game for our fans. I know I love it and mostlikely the Summit is not going to get an at large bid based on RPI so the main goal should be to win the tournament. Does Minnesota give us a guarantee similar to football (not dollar wise ofcourse but in concept) for coming??? ;)

roadwarrior
06-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Yes, we get a check for playing at Minnesota. And all of the other big name schools we play.

NDSUstudent
06-10-2007, 12:00 AM
I think it is a "marque" road/home game for our fans. I know I love it and mostlikely the Summit is not going to get an at large bid based on RPI so the main goal should be to win the tournament. Does Minnesota give us a guarantee similar to football (not dollar wise ofcourse but in concept) for coming??? ;)

It would be nice if the Gophers would at least schedule the game on a weekend every year, then I could see it being a marque type game. I know this wouldn't be a huge deal but maybe even move the game to the Target Center to give it more of a neutral feel.

As for RPI, it still plays a role in who you play in the dance. I'd rather be a 13 or 14 seed then a 16. A lot of teams will also look at your RPI when they put their schedules togather. A solid RPI would more likely result in putting NDSU into better preseason tournies and may also bring in some better home games.

lakesbison
06-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Have the freakin game at the Fargodome and pack 20,000 in there, and charge $20/ticket.

$400,000 give Minnesota $100,000-150,000 check!!

and I agree, the game AT Minnesota is on a monday night 2 years in a row is BUSH LEAGUE!!!!!

They need to at least give us a Fri/Sat game, heck a thursday would be better.

TheBisonator
06-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Have the freakin game at the Fargodome and pack 20,000 in there, and charge $20/ticket.

$400,000 give Minnesota $100,000-150,000 check!!

and I agree, the game AT Minnesota is on a monday night 2 years in a row is BUSH LEAGUE!!!!!

They need to at least give us a Fri/Sat game, heck a thursday would be better.

http://www.villageeap.com/employer-resources/images/alcohol-free.jpg