PDA

View Full Version : Getting Nasty at Gopherhole

SDbison
06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Not just because of Lakes either. About 5 active threads regarding the NDSU game. Some of those Gopher fans think they have a winning tradition at football and NDSU doesn't have a chance.....even after what happened last year. I really think the Bison are that good and the Gophers are not (in their respective subdivisions). Have fun, go over to Gopherhole and post some intelligent and somewhat smacky threads........the Gopherfans deserve it. Here is a sample post from our rodent friends (several others like it):

"Yes, NDSoo will return to the Metrodome this year with its shiny coach, Craig Bahld, a genius who's perennially rumored for every top D-I opening in the country. The greatest challenge (other than being thoroughly outmanned at every position) for Gopher players will be to avoid being blinded by the laser-like glare off Coach Bahld's pate. (The challenge for I-94 travelers will be manuevering around all the tractors and combines on their way to the ga,e.) Truly it's a contest to underline, coming as it does against a program at a school in a state that are on everybody's radar nationwide."

tcbison
06-06-2007, 08:31 PM
One thing I know for sure. I am very glad we don't have a lousy EZ board like they do over at gopherhole.

SDbison
06-06-2007, 08:38 PM
A few observations about Gopher fans posts regarding NDSU:
1) Most will have some reference to farm animals, farmers, etc.
2) Many will put down Fargo and NDSU like it is smallville.
3) Several try to get under our skin by calling us the Sioux or identifying NDSU with Grand Forks.
4) Very rare to find any kind of respect for what NDSU football accomplished, at any level, or the effort last year at the Metrodome.
5) All seem to think last years game was the worst ever by a Gopher team and that it was a fluke that NDSU even made the game a close one.

Please don't say these guys are acting this way only because of Lakes or Pantherhawk. They just want NDSU to go away. I say no. Let's let them know who we are and debate about last years and this years game.

PantherHawk
06-06-2007, 08:43 PM
3) Several try to get under our skin by calling us the Sioux or identifying NDSU with Grand Forks.
4) Very rare to find any kind of respect for what NDSU football accomplished, at any level, or the effort last year at the Metrodome.
5) All seem to think last years game was the worst ever by a Gopher team and that it was a fluke that NDSU even made the game a close one.

Please don't say these guys are acting this way only because of Lakes or Pantherhawk. They just want NDSU to go away. I say no. Let's let them know who we are and debate about last years and this years game.

I don't even post on that cesspool!! goofer fans are A@@HOLES no matter how you slice it!!!

BISON Thunder
06-06-2007, 08:44 PM

A good game on October 20th will take care of all this...

lakesbison
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I love how there is 5 threads, and I only started 2 of them.

I even asked a GOPHER OFFENSE question in a thread and THAT turned into NDSU thread.

THEY LOVE US!!! ha ha

4mcruenomore
06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Their message board is extremely hard to navigate and is a lousy forum. I prefer to let our players prove it on the field and let their idiot fans talk all they want, IMO.

X-Factor
06-06-2007, 09:25 PM
the gopher message board is from the stone age. No need to waste to much time wandering through a bunch of garbage!

RodentiaX
06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Appears to be getting pretty nasty here too. Both the pot and the kettle appear to be black. The nastiness at the Gopher Hole wouldn't be there without the smack from a few Bison fans.

College Football News predicts an 8-4 record as likely for Minnesota, with 9-3 as best case and 6-6 as a worst case. They pick Minnesota's four non-conference games as almost certain victories, so for Minnesota fans to expect a win on October 20th isn't out of line with most people's expectations.

SDbison
06-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Appears to be getting pretty nasty here too. Both the pot and the kettle appear to be black. The nastiness at the Gopher Hole wouldn't be there without the smack from a few Bison fans.

College Football News predicts an 8-4 record as likely for Minnesota, with 9-3 as best case and 6-6 as a worst case. They pick Minnesota's four non-conference games as almost certain victories, so for Minnesota fans to expect a win on October 20th isn't out of line with most people's expectations.
I wouldn't say the game with NDSU is a certain victory for the Gophers. Lakes comments aside, there are some nasty comments coming from Gopher fans. No we are not in their league, but NDSU is a very well organized FCS team that can give a so-so FBS team, like Minnesota a good game. Have some fun Rodentia.....I take it you are a big gopher fan too, but as far as anytime during my lifetime I will take NDSU's success over the stumbling Gophers.

PantherHawk
06-06-2007, 11:40 PM

Not that I am insinuating all goofer fans are lying sacks of s@@t, but could you please post that CFN link proposing a 9-3 "best case?" Thanks!!

PantherHawk
06-07-2007, 12:33 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2853847

PantherHawk
06-07-2007, 12:45 AM

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/56/athlon-119

NDSUFREAK
06-07-2007, 01:11 AM
I think we should all shut up about this and let it be settled on the field. Don't take the time to post over there because it isn't worth it. So BISON fans just relax about it because it is a MESSAGE BOARD and those are fans opinions. Let them talk about us all they want. I don't really care until October 20th comes around.

RodentiaX
06-07-2007, 01:20 AM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/630178.html

lakesbison
06-07-2007, 01:25 AM
5 threads about NDSU!!

HELL YA!!

NDSUFREAK
06-07-2007, 01:31 AM
you have to act modest against these guys, because if the goofers actually beat our ass to the ground they will hound you until you are completely off of every message board in the country. If they keep saying that the BISON have no chance at all just say that we'll see on the field. Nothing more nothing less.

Bisonguy
06-07-2007, 01:41 AM
I think we should all shut up about this and let it be settled on the field. Don't take the time to post over there because it isn't worth it. So BISON fans just relax about it because it is a MESSAGE BOARD and those are fans opinions. Let them talk about us all they want. I don't really care until October 20th comes around.

Exactly. Actions speak louder than words.

WYOBISONMAN
06-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Exactly. Actions speak louder than words.

......And, we did NOT win that game last year....

TransAmBison
06-07-2007, 02:09 AM
you have to act modest against these guys, because if the goofers actually beat our ass to the ground they will hound you until you are completely off of every message board in the country. If they keep saying that the BISON have no chance at all just say that we'll see on the field. Nothing more nothing less.

You nailed it dead on!

TransAmBison
06-07-2007, 02:11 AM
......And, we did NOT win that game last year....

You are correct sir, but my question to any gopher who runs his mouth off is, "So, you're proud of last year's win over us?" Nothing more needs to be said. :bow:

And a :bong: for you Wyo! :nod:

Bisonguy
06-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Root Beer^^.

:D

NDSUFREAK
06-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Root Beer^^.

:D
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :p

02Bison
06-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Let the Bison men on the field do all the talking with their play. Keep quiet as fans and let the Thundering Bison carry the big stick on the field of play! (A shameful play of words from T. Roosevelt's famous quote). As fans, let confidence not morph into cockiness!

NDSUstudent
06-07-2007, 02:27 AM
I used to post over at Gopherhole, now I pretty much gave up. I'll talk basketball over there, they'll at least respect NDSU hoops(of course we have done some things in that sport that Minnesota hasn't done in quite some time).

WYOBISONMAN
06-07-2007, 02:48 AM
You are correct sir, but my question to any gopher who runs his mouth off is, "So, you're proud of last year's win over us?" Nothing more needs to be said. :bow:

And a :bong: for you Wyo! :nod:

DAMN fine smiley!!!!! Kinda resembles someone I know!!

SDbison
06-07-2007, 04:09 AM
You guys are all washed up woosies. Come on, this is a message board not some sacred religious service. We are all entitled to our opinion, especialy if backed up by facts. Fact is, the Bison did give Minnesota a damn good game last year. No NDSU did not win, but you are blind if you can't see NDSU's skill against them was not a surprise. And it was no fluke. Keep the censure shit for other countries folks. 02bison I am not surprised you jumped in with your be nice crap. The Minnesota fans are scared they will get beat by NDSU this year. They are slamming our coach, our team, and us as fans.
Oh, I don't get it yet............will the game actually be determined on the field? I thought we as fans decided the outcome. Let's all be perfect with no emotion like 02bison. This is why this board sucks because there are about 10 guys on this board who think they are god. Screw you all. Ban me forever Tony. We are all supposed to shut up and wait for Oct. 20th (after the game) until we say another word about the NDSU game against Minnesota. Bye.

NDSUFREAK
06-07-2007, 04:48 AM
You guys are all washed up woosies. Come on, this is a message board not some sacred religious service. We are all entitled to our opinion, especialy if backed up by facts. Fact is, the Bison did give Minnesota a damn good game last year. No NDSU did not win, but you are blind if you can't see NDSU's skill against them was not a surprise. And it was no fluke. Keep the censure shit for other countries folks. 02bison I am not surprised you jumped in with your be nice crap. The Minnesota fans are scared they will get beat by NDSU this year. They are slamming our coach, our team, and us as fans.
Oh, I don't get it yet............will the game actually be determined on the field? I thought we as fans decided the outcome. Let's all be perfect with no emotion like 02bison. This is why this board sucks because there are about 10 guys on this board who think they are god. Screw you all. Ban me forever Tony. We are all supposed to shut up and wait for Oct. 20th (after the game) until we say another word about the NDSU game against Minnesota. Bye.
:uhyeah: :uhyeah: :uhyeah:

WildBill
06-07-2007, 06:02 AM
I don't even post on that cesspool!! goofer fans are A@@HOLES no matter how you slice it!!!

You don't post there because it's one of many sites that has banned you

WYOBISONMAN
06-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I'll give the gophers shit when we beat them. And honestly, the gopher game last year was not a totally stellar performance.....we blew multiple chances to put it away. So I won't be over on gopherhole telling them we are superior.

But.....the Herd will be hungry this year and I look for a hell of a game.

That is where reality is for me.......

OnTheFifty
06-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Just an FYI, coming from a Gopher\Bison fan...

The Gopherhole is a crappy board. That is why it is free. Threads always turn into smack talk.

The rivals site: www.gophersillustrated.com is a lot better. There is a "Premium" board which requires a membership. The writers\administators really do a great job.

Thats all....

PantherHawk
06-07-2007, 12:59 PM
You don't post there because it's one of many sites that has banned you
How would you know and why would you care? Are you in love with me?

WildBill
06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
How would you know and why would you care? Are you in love with me?

Your reputation preceeds you. It's nice to have a clean rivalry without a Hawkeye fan trying to fan the flames

BigBison
06-07-2007, 08:43 PM
And a UNI fan too.

PantherHawk
06-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Your reputation preceeds you. It's nice to have a clean rivalry without a Hawkeye fan trying to fan the flames

Please never serve on a jury, DeepThinker!

lakesbison
06-07-2007, 10:34 PM
keep it up pantherhawk.

i like ur style..

SD BISON.. AMEN BROTHER!!

THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT>.. HELLO!!!

SCREW THEM!! (and Ive admitted on the gopherhole many times im a GOPHER FAN 2nd and grew up a gopherfan #2 )

TheBisonator
06-08-2007, 03:46 AM
They (Goofer fans) know who we are and where we're from and what we represent and what our tradition is. Ever since we almost beat them in their house last year, they know. They may have not all known before 10/21/2006, but they do now. Take the Sioux and Grand Forks comments from them with a grain of salt, PLEASE. They're just joking around. I lived in Minneapolis for 10 years, and while I know people there can be pretty ambivalent of what happens outside of Maple Grove, they aren't THAT bad.

As for us Bison fans, we need to act with some grace and tact, here. Any Bison fan (as far as I'm concerned) who starts acting like a moron to ANY other team's fans on a message board, whether they are FBS, FCS, DII, DII or NAIA, is not representing Bison Nation well. Treat them with a little respect and sportsmanship on their board, and they will do the same back. Trust me.

TheDoctor
06-08-2007, 04:32 AM
Well said Bisonator! ;)

No_Skill
06-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I too, am confused by "wuv"

tony
06-08-2007, 07:46 PM

More about Lrrr (http://www.geocities.com/zoidberg_fan/lrrr.html)

Hammersmith
06-09-2007, 02:03 AM
It's true what they say: Men are from Omicron Persei 9, women are from Omicron Persei 7.

No_Skill
06-09-2007, 03:34 AM
They seriously need to start making new episodes.

Hammersmith
06-09-2007, 04:03 AM
They seriously need to start making new episodes.
Four new, straight-to-DVD movies are in the works. They will also be broken up and shown as TV episodes. Expect them next year. Movie #1: "Futurama: Bender's Big Score" No Lurr, however there might be some Fry and Leela wuv.

PantherHawk
06-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Keeeeeeyrist.......they aren't just going to the Rose Bowl this year, but they are also going to destroy Oklahoma's record of 47 straight wins by 2011!!

BIG AL 67

(6/8/07 9:39 pm)

Just Had Opportunity To Meet Coach!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been around College FB for a long long time and have seen games from coast to coast in the north and south.

I also have had the opportunity to see our beloved Golden Gophers for over 4 decades. Some of that was great FB, and some...well lets just say it was not great.

I also have seen a program that a decade ago was not ready for prime time. When you walked through the athletic building 10 years ago, it quite frankly was closer to a Div 1A than Div 1. The support from administration was even below that of Div-1A.

Well fans, I want to tell you that we now have a program that has everything in place for a giant turn around.

We now have a coach that has a plan and is executing it to get us to that "next level"!!!!

Yes, Coach Brewster is not a good person; but, a great person who is in the process of changing the attitudes of everyone in the State and Country about our Golden Gophers.

He has our players in the weight room working their butts off, the decorating has changed throughout the athletic complex, and our new equipment manager was recruited from the Baltimore Ravens.

Yes, many of you know that I have been around for quite a while and usually quite level headed. And I want to tell you Coach has me fired up and he is a great kisser too!

I will throw every bit of support behind him to accomplish his goals for all of us!

Folks our Golden Gopher Express is back on the main line and it has lots of fuel. Lets keep it chugging!

What can each and everyone of you do to help? [Give Big Al an enema!]

I know what I am going to be dedicating my actions to! [Make sure you have a fresh roll of Charmin within reach, Big Al!]

GO GO GOPHERS!!!!

4mcruenomore
06-10-2007, 12:25 AM
That guy sounds like a D-bag.
Now Pantherhawk, go away.

lakesbison
06-10-2007, 04:43 AM
7 NDSU THREADS!!!! HA HA...

U gotta be proud to be a BISON!!

No_Skill
06-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't put much stock in the opinion of a guy who though his team wasn't much better than a "Div 1A" team. I mean come on...the terminology is not that difficult.

sambini
06-10-2007, 03:04 PM
They can talk all they want. But you have to DO IT on the field. And there record speaks for itself.

TheDoctor
06-10-2007, 03:30 PM
They can talk all they want. But you have to DO IT on the field. And there record speaks for itself.

++++++++++++++++++++++;)

Yo
06-10-2007, 07:03 PM

You have to love Sambini. Short, sweet & to the point.:) :)

WildBill
06-10-2007, 07:05 PM

Maybe we should follow our own advice? We are giving a lot of grief to Gopher fans because we "almost"won. Fact remains we didn't and nothing else really matters,does it?

sambini
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't give a xxxx about Goofer hole. So lets move on...

TransAmBison
06-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Maybe we should follow our own advice? We are giving a lot of grief to Gopher fans because we "almost"won. Fact remains we didn't and nothing else really matters,does it?
You are not part of we. You are a firetruck through and through.

NDSUFREAK
06-11-2007, 01:55 AM
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

WildBill
06-11-2007, 02:36 AM
You are not part of we. You are a firetruck through and through.

Do explain.

PantherHawk
06-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Do explain.
LMFAO!!! For F-Sake man, are you Forest Gump?! lol

WildBill
06-11-2007, 03:00 AM
LMFAO!!! For F-Sake man, are you Forest Gump?! lol

Coming from a guy who says Brian Ferentz was highly recruited,LMAO!

PantherHawk
06-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Coming from a guy who says Brian Ferentz was highly recruited,LMAO!

I did????? Who recruits a kid who is committed to playing for his dad??? No one, unless the dad is coaching a program that is such a POS his own son would turn his back on him and play elsewhere..........

TheDoctor
06-11-2007, 01:29 PM

Sambini - I LOVE the passion! ;)

SDbison
06-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe it is a crappy board to some, but I thought people here might be interested in what was happening there. Some of you can move on if you don't give a rip about discussing the Gopher game, but please let others discuss unless you are the moderator. I can't wait to rain on the parade of some people on this message board and slam their threads as worthless (because many of them are).
The Minnesota game is the biggest game the Bison will play next year and until the Bison make the postseason any game against an FBS opponent is a big deal.

lakesbison
06-21-2007, 05:01 PM
make that 10 threads in 2 pages on NDSU game.

ha ha.. I LOVE IT!! welcome to Divison 1 NDSU fans!

BISON Thunder
07-10-2007, 08:01 PM
This is an email I received from the folks at the Metrodome. Great job, Bison fans...

"Hello Gopher football fan,

Just a quick reminder that Private Suites at the Metrodome are still available for most games this upcoming 2007 season!

Minnesota Gophers

Sep 01 Bowling Green 12 seats - $ 1000, 16 seats - $ 1500 - 50 yard line available

Sep 08 Miami (Ohio) 12 seats - $ 1000, 16 seats - $ 1500 - 50 yard line available

Sep 22 Purdue 12 seats - $ 1500, 16 seats - $ 1800 - 50 yard line available

Sep 29 Ohio State 12 seats - $ 1500, 16 seats - $ 1800

Oct 20 North Dakota State 12 seats - $ 1500, 16 seats - $ 1800 ***Sold out – call to be placed on waiting list***

Nov 03 Illinois 12 seats - $ 1500, 16 seats - $ 1800 - 50 yard line available

Nov 17 Wisconsin 12 seats - $ 2250, 16 seats - $ 2750

Marcus Lyons

Manager, Private Suite Sales"

Minnesota Vikings

(952) 918-8514

Tatanka
07-10-2007, 08:11 PM
So what you're telling us is that Ohio State, Purdue, Illinois, and Wisconsin (albeit at much higher prices) still have suites available, some on the freaking 50 yd line, and little ol' NDSU (who they "don't want to play") is SOLD OUT!!!

Most excellent.

lakesbison
07-10-2007, 09:33 PM
EMAIL SENT TO BREWSTER, MATURI!!

ha ha ha