View Full Version : goofers Consider You "Easy" In '07

PantherHawk
06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Author Comment
powe0281

(6/3/07 6:28 pm)

6-6? Have you looked at our schedule
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difficult to do better than 6-6? With this schedule 6-6 should be a piece of cake. 4 easy non conf. games then Purdue and Illinois at home, with northwestern and indiana on the road. I dont think we can win the big ten but thinking like this is what kept the last guy here for so long.
================================================== =======
Bury these losers and send Punky and his ugly mug back to Tedis!!

BISON Thunder
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Author Comment
powe0281

(6/3/07 6:28 pm)

6-6? Have you looked at our schedule
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difficult to do better than 6-6? With this schedule 6-6 should be a piece of cake. 4 easy non conf. games then Purdue and Illinois at home, with northwestern and indiana on the road. I dont think we can win the big ten but thinking like this is what kept the last guy here for so long.
================================================== =======
Bury these losers and send Punky and his ugly mug back to Tedis!!

We got em right where we want em!

4mcruenomore
06-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Good, I love it when teams are sitting back thinking they are playing a cupcake.

NDSUFREAK
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
all we need now is sid saying "last year 40-0 was a fluke. let's make my prediction 50-0 in favor of the U."

X-Factor
06-04-2007, 08:33 PM
What is the outlook for the Gophers this year? Will they easily make a bowl? How many starters return?

TheDoctor
06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
We can't always assume an entire level headed football team feels the same way as one stupid fan posting on a message board. We wouldn't want anyone assuming anything about anything our teams or players think based off of what lakes posts on their boards, would we???? ;)

TheBisonator
06-04-2007, 10:54 PM
We can't always assume an entire level headed football team feels the same way as one stupid fan posting on a message board. We wouldn't want anyone assuming anything about anything our teams or players think based off of what lakes posts on their boards, would we???? ;)

I know, Lakes is really embarrassing us over at GopherHole right now...

TheDoctor
06-04-2007, 11:07 PM
I know, Lakes is really embarrassing us over at GopherHole right now...

Hey, we have to take baby steps here. I am just glad he is done making an A$$ out of himself on here (for the most part). ;)

lakesbison
06-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Bisonator: Pourqoui???

PantherHawk
06-05-2007, 01:30 PM
What is the outlook for the Gophers this year? Will they easily make a bowl? How many starters return?

This should be the Golden Ground Squirrels worst season since b4 King Mason arrived! Every publication from Athlon to The Chicago Tribune has them picked dead LAST in the Big 10 this season! :) What these prognosticators and anyone who knows football can see---and goofer homers can't---is:

1. They are implementing a complicated new offense.

2. Said new offense is the spread and they are woefully short of experienced, impact receivers--0 depth @ WR. Their 2 best receivers in '06 have graduated.

3. They are implementing a complicated new defense.

4. They return many of the slow yet un-athletic starters from last year's defense---see bowl game vs Texas Tech.

5. They have a new head coach who has never coached a single down as a head coach. Check some of the best--and experienced--coachs in CFB history and what they did in their first season at some of the more storied programs in America. This does not bode well for the goobers, although most of the fan base think Punky will have them in Pasedena this Jan.

6. They will have a new starting QB with no clue who it will be and it is already June. Whoever it ends up being, he/she will have had absolutely 0 experience with this new offense and about 5 minutes of game experience. The leading candidate--Mortenson--couldn't even move the team against Temple in garbage time last year. Brewster's kid is coming in as a true FR, and many of the goofer faithful have high hopes for him being the next Vince Young. Not gonna happen. The 2 "leaders" looked pitiful in the spring game against the pitiful goofer D who was missing a starter and 2 key backups due to rapegate breaking the day b4. Nevertheless, don't you just love a good 3-way QB controversy with one of the players being the coach's sonny boy?!?!

7. Their best downfield blocker--Spaeth--is gone!

8. Their incoming class truely sucks. It was around 65th in the country b4 losing most of their big JUCO saviors to one issue or another.

9. One starting DL left the program due to not being smart enough to get into his major.

10. Rapegate! This is still looming large over the program. Charges are still pending against the goofer3, who were busted on the eve of the spring game and spent Easter hunting for chocolate eggs with the rest of the inmates in the Hennepin County Jail. This trio includes Alex Daniels, another starting DL, who Punky had ordained their best, coming out of spring practice. All 3 are suspended from the team as the wait for the hammer to fall!!

11. Watch the tape of their spring game........................

12. Sidiot Hartman says the goofers will "win the NDSU game by @ least 4 TDs." Hey, didn't I hear that someplace else? :)

Bison Dan
06-05-2007, 02:55 PM
This should be the Golden Ground Squirrels worst season since b4 King Mason arrived! Every publication from Athlon to The Chicago Tribune has them picked dead LAST in the Big 10 this season! :) What these prognosticators and anyone who knows football can see---and goofer homers can't---is:

2. Said new offense is the spread and they are woefully short of experienced, impact receivers--0 depth @ WR. Their 2 best receivers in '06 have graduated.

4. They return many of the slow yet un-athletic starters from last year's defense---see bowl game vs Texas Tech.

5. They have a new head coach who has never coached a single down as a head coach. Check some of the best--and experienced--coachs in CFB history and what they did in their first season at some of the more storied programs in America. This does not bode well for the goobers, although most of the fan base think Punky will have them in Pasedena this Jan.

6. They will have a new starting QB with no clue who it will be and it is already June. Whoever it ends up being, he/she will have had absolutely 0 experience with this new offense and about 5 minutes of game experience. The leading candidate--Mortenson--couldn't even move the team against Temple in garbage time last year. Brewster's kid is coming in as a true FR, and many of the goofer faithful have high hopes for him being the next Vince Young. Not gonna happen. The 2 "leaders" looked pitiful in the spring game against the pitiful goofer D who was missing a starter and 2 key backups due to rapegate breaking the day b4. Nevertheless, don't you just love a good 3-way QB controversy with one of the players being the coach's sonny boy?!?!

8. Their incoming class truely sucks. It was around 65th in the country b4 losing most of their big JUCO saviors to one issue or another.

9. One starting DL left the program due to not being smart enough to get into his major.

10. Rapegate! This is still looming large over the program. Charges are still pending against the goofer3, who were busted on the eve of the spring game and spent Easter hunting for chocolate eggs with the rest of the inmates in the Hennepin County Jail. This trio includes Alex Daniels, another starting DL, who Punky had ordained their best, coming out of spring practice. All 3 are suspended from the team as the wait for the hammer to fall!!

12. Sidiot Hartman says the goofers will "win the NDSU game by @ least 4 TDs." Hey, didn't I hear that someplace else? :)

I actually saw their spring game and lets just say I came away unimpressed.
I have a feeling that Brewster talked himself into the job.

IowaBisonToo
06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
That's quite the list, PantherHawk.:cheers:

tcbison
06-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Personally, I would like to see the Gophers have either 1 or 2 losses before we get to play them. I would rather catch them on a high note rather than with their backs to the wall.

WildBill
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM

Ah,the infamous Pantherhawk. This tool has been kicked off of every message board known to man.

PantherHawk
06-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Ah,the infamous Pantherhawk. This tool has been kicked off of every message board known to man.
Why the irritability, friend? Have you fallen off of BrokeBack Mountain again?

IowaBisonToo
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here but, with only 5 posts, how do you know PantherHawk and what's it to you? Are you a Gopher fan?:hide:

X-Factor
06-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Does anyone else see a striking resemblance between Punky and the "tool" that took over and single handedly dismantled the Geogia Southern program last year? I dunno, maybe I'm just hoping for a repeat!

IowaBisonToo
06-05-2007, 09:47 PM
He very well may be. But, every coach has to be their own person. Until I have a couple of years of ammo under my belt, I'm not going to blast a coach on what he does in terms of running a football team. I personally hope he does a good job and whips that program back into shape - maybe not this coming season so much:blush: but within 5-7 years, I hope they're in the hunt for a Rose Bowl bid.

Hammersmith
06-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here but, with only 5 posts, how do you know PantherHawk and what's it to you? Are you a Gopher fan?:hide:
PantherHawk hates the U of M and goes around to their opponents' messageboards trying to stir things up. He really doesn't add anything to discussions except "I hate UM and so should you." He was on bisonville last year doing the same thing until the game; then disappeared shortly thereafter. I was waiting for him to come back, but I am surprised at how early he returned. I didn't expect him back until August. There's really nothing wrong with him as long as you take everything he says with a BIG grain of salt. Just think of him as a UNI/UI version of lakes. nobohl could have been lurking here last year, or perhaps he posted under a different name and had to change after the site move. Beyond that, PantherHawk is pretty famous(infamous?) if you've lurked on Big 10 messageboards.

PantherHawk
06-05-2007, 10:55 PM
PantherHawk hates the U of M and goes around to their opponents' messageboards trying to stir things up. He really doesn't add anything to discussions except "I hate UM and so should you." He was on bisonville last year doing the same thing until the game; then disappeared shortly thereafter. I was waiting for him to come back, but I am surprised at how early he returned. I didn't expect him back until August. There's really nothing wrong with him as long as you take everything he says with a BIG grain of salt. Just think of him as a UNI/UI version of lakes. nobohl could have been lurking here last year, or perhaps he posted under a different name and had to change after the site move. Beyond that, PantherHawk is pretty famous(infamous?) if you've lurked on Big 10 messageboards.

Friend, kindly direct us all to any of my 11 points which are false and anything more or less than an attempt to answer another gentleman's inquiry into the state of goofer football as the season approaches??

PantherHawk
06-05-2007, 10:57 PM
http/p218.ezboard.com/fthehole84398frm7.showMessage=3ftopicID=3d17205.to pic&index=3d9

...as well as verification of some of the points I made earlier.

Hammersmith
06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Friend, kindly direct us all to any of my 11 points which are false and anything more or less than an attempt to answer another gentleman's inquiry into the state of goofer football as the season approaches??
I never claimed what you said was untrue, I just said you like to stir up trouble in a way that is more appropriate to the smack section; i. e. your "Jam Punky's Mailbox" thread. That, and I didn't like to see nobohl attacked for what was, essentially, a truthful comment(even if it was somewhat argumentative in tone).

PantherHawk
06-06-2007, 01:29 AM
I never claimed what you said was untrue, I just said you like to stir up trouble in a way that is more appropriate to the smack section; i. e. your "Jam Punky's Mailbox" thread. That, and I didn't like to see nobohl attacked for what was, essentially, a truthful comment(even if it was somewhat argumentative in tone).

"Smack?" It was more like a helpful suggestion to retort someone who has essentially insulted your fine program. I am sorry if you are the type of person who allows himself to be spat upon without doing something about it. To each his own, friend.

WildBill
06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
"Smack?" It was more like a helpful suggestion to retort someone who has essentially insulted your fine program. I am sorry if you are the type of person who allows himself to be spat upon without doing something about it. To each his own, friend.

The fact remains Panther was not trying to help at all. His game is to bad mouth the Gopher program for whatever reason. He has also sent letters to Minnesota recruits(Can you say NCAA violation?)He'll deny it,but it is true. I would distace myself from the likes of him. Just some friendly advice. If you need more proof look in the college Football section at

www.kfan.com

PantherHawk
06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
The fact remains Panther was not trying to help at all. His game is to bad mouth the Gopher program for whatever reason. He has also sent letters to Minnesota recruits(Can you say NCAA violation?)He'll deny it,but it is true. I would distace myself from the likes of him. Just some friendly advice. If you need more proof look in the college Football section at

www.kfan.com

"NCAA violation?" Gee.....I hope the NCAA doesn't come and take my scholarship away! I know they do think they pretty much rule the world these days!

OnTheFifty
06-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey PantherHawk,

If the Gopher program is in such shambles, why did they whoop up on you last year?

What does that say for the dreaded Hawkeye program? Didnt you have a Sr. QB and everything?

PantherHawk
06-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey PantherHawk,

If the Gopher program is in such shambles, why did they whoop up on you last year?

What does that say for the dreaded Hawkeye program? Didnt you have a Sr. QB and everything?

This has what to do with this thread? If you would like me to give you the many reasons for the goofers little fluke win over Iowa last season, kindly ask me in another thread!

PantherHawk
08-06-2007, 02:49 PM

Back in June, P & H Investment Advisors put out a screaming sell/short recommendation on golden goofer "futures." Since then, their "future" has plummented and those investors who listened have profited. Updating this position, it is our view that all who are short should hold as there is more downside to come. Lets review some of June's points that have shifted to an even more bearish trend:

[UPDATE 8/5/06]
4 players from their 2 deeps are gone forever including 2 starters--one who was also their leading kick/punt returner & strong safety. Their secondary is now so weak, Coach P has been forced to annoint a true freshmen as a starter---even b4 the start of fall camp. The DL is now a shambles, losing "future All-American DE"---according to Coach P---Alex Daniels. Further, the hope that WLA and deposed from TN thug R. Henderson, would evolve into future DL "bookends," has all but evaporated. WLA is someplace other than MN, working on showing that he is not a bookend when it comes to intelligence. Henderson, is now "sick," and has gone from spring game starter to not even being in the 3 deeps. Hell of a cold there, Ray.

Additional reasons for depreciation:

1. Always injured, starting LB John Shevlin, enters fall camp with a "serious back pain" and is not practicing.

2. Another starter @ LB; Steve Davis, has NEVER played LB b4 this season..........good luck with that, Steve, there is nothing to it!!!

3. 1 & 2 strong Ss are TRUE Fr.!!!
9 Curtis Thomas | 6-1, 200, Fr., HS
27 Kyle Theret | 5-11, 185, Fr., HS

Have you ever even saw this in HS?!

4. Rapegate will detract from the season as it is played out in court.

Future recommendation:

For those investors who are short, HOLD your position. If you are on the sideline, stay there as lower prices are coming!!!

Bison Dan
08-06-2007, 04:21 PM
I have to admire your dislike and distain for the Gophers, PantherHawk.

OldBison
08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
http/p218.ezboard.com/fthehole84398frm7.showMessage=3ftopicID=3d17205.to pic&index=3d9

...as well as verification of some of the points I made earlier.

This link did not go to anything for me.

PantherHawk
09-03-2007, 06:01 PM

Far be it for ole PantherHawk to say "I told ya so," but............................:)

74BisonFan
09-03-2007, 06:31 PM
I was driving through the cities on Saturday listening to WCCO Gopher pregame show. The local talent wrote off the Michigan loss as a fluke.

SDbison
09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
I was driving through the cities on Saturday listening to WCCO Gopher pregame show. The local talent wrote off the Michigan loss as a fluke.
I want some of what they are smoking. What a bunch of stubborn A$$es!

X-Factor
09-04-2007, 12:07 AM
At this point I would think most reasonable Gopher fans realize they can't look past anyone at this point. They just lost to Bowling Green.

56BISON73
09-04-2007, 12:42 AM
PH is just trolling looking to stir up the pot. PL

Jdubs21
09-04-2007, 02:39 AM
i am extremely confident about the gopher game.....but we all need to remember we need to stay injury free which is tough to do...i pray every night :D

bisonmike2
09-04-2007, 02:58 AM
i am extremely confident about the gopher game.....but we all need to remember we need to stay injury free which is tough to do...i pray every night :D

I'll reserve my judgement until I see the NDSU play this weekend. I'm concerened with the spread offense. The more recievers they put on the field the more linebackers we take off. Yeah Minne didn't look good running the spread but they will have a couple more games to prefect it before they play us. What we'll need to do is withstand their initial air assualt then hope Punky Brewster gets impatient and tries to pound the ball.

WildBill
09-05-2007, 01:48 AM
I'll reserve my judgement until I see the NDSU play this weekend. I'm concerened with the spread offense. The more recievers they put on the field the more linebackers we take off. Yeah Minne didn't look good running the spread but they will have a couple more games to prefect it before they play us. What we'll need to do is withstand their initial air assualt then hope Punky Brewster gets impatient and tries to pound the ball.

Are you serious? Pinnix is more of a threat then the Gophers passing game at this point