PDA

View Full Version : BSA Renovation

KC_Hats
05-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Anyone hear where the fundraising is for the BSA Renovations? I'm kind of disappointed that costruction hasn't started yet. The talk about the possible new arena at the FargoDome seems to have slowed fundraising on a sure thing.:confused:

NDSUFREAK
05-31-2007, 01:24 AM
Didn't they already raise the 8 million?

roadwarrior
05-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Yes to the 8 mill, but the total cost is upwards of 25 mill.

KC_Hats
05-31-2007, 02:54 AM
Road, how much more than the $8 million do they currently have? I have heard they currently do not have enough to start construction. It sounds to me like $25 million will empty many Bison boosters pockets and make a FargoDome arena harder to finance from NDSU's perspective. I have been a proponent of fixing the BSA and having control of the arena and building a new arena after getting more fully settled in division I.

99Bison
05-31-2007, 04:13 AM
Patience friends... plans and research take some time.

Greenie
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
There is a "significant" ask currently out on the remainder of the BSA renovation cost.

Fargodome is in the process of reviewing architect initial proposals and one will be selected soon to write-up a complete proposal.

Too early to know any other specifics regarding both projects

DORMIE
06-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Had a couple of cool ones last night with the mayor at the GR. Guess they are picking an architect today.

Bison Dan
06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Had a couple of cool ones last night with the mayor at the GR. Guess they are picking an architect today.

You need to tell the mayor that he needs to frame the argument about the new arena that's it's a new arena for the DOME and not just a bb arena for NDSU. That if it's not a profit center for the Dome it shouldn't be build. The Dome is only paying 1/3 of the costs and no new monies are involved from the taxpayers. If you have 2/3rds of the costs provided for you it'd be stupid not to build it.

bisonaudit
06-01-2007, 01:28 PM
You need to tell the mayor that he needs to frame the argument about the new arena that's it's a new arena for the DOME and not just a bb arena for NDSU. That if it's not a profit center for the Dome it shouldn't be build. The Dome is only paying 1/3 of the costs and no new monies are involved from the taxpayers. If you have 2/3rds of the costs provided for you it'd be stupid not to build it.

Agree:

The city has made a huge investment in a great facility, the FargoDome, but changes in the marketplace are marginalizing large arena configurations and compromising it's ability to remain competitive in the concert market, most notably. The addition of a secondary space will provide added flexibility and allow the city to preserve the value of the investment it's alreay made in the FargoDome. The City has a partner in NDSU who is willing to provide 2/3 of the financing for the expansion.

Bison Dan
06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Agree:

The city has made a huge investment in a great facility, the FargoDome, but changes in the marketplace are marginalizing large arena configurations and compromising it's ability to remain competitive in the concert market, most notably. The addition of a secondary space will provide added flexibility and allow the city to preserve the value of the investment it's alreay made in the FargoDome. The City has a partner in NDSU who is willing to provide 2/3 of the financing for the expansion.

It's really a no brainer if the Dome has the monies (and NDSU) and they think that it can be an asset. The anti dome and NDSU people are framing the argument that it's just a bb for NDSU and that needs to be squashed.

roadwarrior
06-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I think that Mayor Walaker knows well that the proposal will be a long term asset to the continued financial operating success of the Fargodome, in fact he has said this many times.

DORMIE
06-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Hopefully, some day those moron anti NDSU poeple will finally figure out what NSDU does for the economy of this area. With the faculty, students (up 3,000 in the past 6 years- just add Minot State)and the 100+million in research dollars the past 3 years(65% to 75% goes to salaries) they should embrace the University instead of pick it apart. Too many UND grads have sneaked in the back way!!!

bisonaudit
06-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Hopefully, some day those moron anti NDSU poeple will finally figure out what NSDU does for the economy of this area. With the faculty, students (up 3,000 in the past 6 years- just add Minot State)and the 100+million in research dollars the past 3 years(65% to 75% goes to salaries) they should embrace the University instead of pick it apart. Too many UND grads have sneaked in the back way!!!

I enjoy a good UND jab as much as the next guy but really it's more likely they're just generic NIMBY's and anti-tax or anti-public education radicals.

sambini
06-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Hopefully, some day those moron anti NDSU poeple will finally figure out what NSDU does for the economy of this area. With the faculty, students (up 3,000 in the past 6 years- just add Minot State)and the 100+million in research dollars the past 3 years(65% to 75% goes to salaries) they should embrace the University instead of pick it apart. Too many UND grads have sneaked in the back way!!! Well done Dormie+++++++++++