PDA

View Full Version : Sioux Falls finalist for Summit BB Tourney

Hammersmith
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM
It's down to SF and Tulsa. Fargo didn't apply due to a conflict with the RRV Sportsmen's Show. It appears there wasn't enough lead time to change the Show's date this go around. The implication is that things might be different the next time the bid comes up.

Summit tournament could be held in Sioux Falls (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=166623)

IowaBisonToo
05-24-2007, 10:02 PM
That would be cool. But, if it's supposed to be at the Arena, I don't know. It's not a horrific place to play but I don't know if it's the best place either. Guess I don't know what Tulsa can offer. Sioux Falls in general would be a great place to host the tourney, though. Good luck to SF.

sambini
05-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Sioux Falls would be just fine.

Bisonguy
05-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Sioux Falls would make for a nice road trip to the tourney.

roadwarrior
05-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Sioux Falls would be great news for Bison fans. (and Jackrabbit fans)

sambini
05-25-2007, 03:47 AM
We could take the bus again Road and B1SON?

NDSUFREAK
05-25-2007, 04:15 AM
Lets Get It In Sioux Falls!

Blue
05-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Lets Get It In Sioux Falls!
Here Here:nod:

TheBisonator
05-25-2007, 02:19 PM
I really hope to God that Sioux Falls gets the bid over Tulsa, because I will only have to drive 240 miles to watch the Bison at the conference tournament, as opposed to the 14-16 hours or whatever it is to Tulsa. My plan all along was to attend the conference tourney games in person, so I will be there when the Bison clinch their first ever Big Dance bid, and then to have a big party at my parents house in Minneapolis and watch the 1st round Big Dance game on CBS on my parent's new plasma screen TV with friends and family.

Hope this works!!!

roper1313
05-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Maybe the city and NDSU should build a facility where both a large tradeshow and a basketball tourney could be run at the same time. What a novel concept. I can't belive nobody has thought of that.

Yo
05-25-2007, 04:03 PM
SF would be a great place. The arena would work very well. Good luck SF.

roadwarrior
05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
If there was a basketball arena addition on the Fargodome today, that would be the home court for the Bison. The Summit League only plays the post season tournament on neutral floors, so if Fargo wanted it, it would be either the BSA or the football arena at the dome.

imabison
05-25-2007, 06:19 PM
If there was a basketball arena addition on the Fargodome today, that would be the home court for the Bison. The Summit League only plays the post season tournament on neutral floors, so if Fargo wanted it, it would be either the BSA or the football arena at the dome.
100% correct.

Ivy
05-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Any word about progress towards the Fargodome addition for MBB/WBB? Have they started any of the improvements to the BSA?

Yo
05-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Any word about progress towards the Fargodome addition for MBB/WBB? Have they started any of the improvements to the BSA?

I believe they are waiting on the BSA improvements until a decision on the dome. If the dome adds basketball courts that could/would change the BSA improvement plans.

Hammersmith
05-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Fargodome Addition: Fargo City Commission unanimously voted to advertise for an architect to draw up plans for a 7-8,000 seat facility at their 27 March meeting. No announcements have been made since.

BSA Renovation: Since the pricetag was raised from $8MM to $25MM, no public announcements have been made. Plans to proceed with the construction in phases have been put on hold and, to date, no known decisions have been made. The last public announcement came in early March.
+ what Yo said.

Anyone got any juicy insider info?

dmksioux
05-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Sioux Falls would be great news for Bison fans. (and Jackrabbit fans)

Interesting that the Summit Conference would consider hosting their tourney in SIOUX Falls. Apparently they do not find the term "Sioux" hostile or offensive like the NCAA does...

NDSUguy
05-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Let me be the first to point out how stupid dmksioux is. What a tool.

IowaBisonToo
05-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Interesting that the Summit Conference would consider hosting their tourney in SIOUX Falls. Apparently they do not find the term "Sioux" hostile or offensive like the NCAA does...

Go back to your hole where people give a crap - you know ss.com and your buddy DaveK.:mad:

dmksioux
05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Go back to your hole where people give a crap - you know ss.com and your buddy DaveK.:mad:

Please don't compare me with DaveK. I appreciate his passion for Sioux sports, but don't necessarily agree with his views. I actually respect the Bison sports program, particularily what they've done during their transition. I would hope the Sioux program's transition will go as smoothly and successfully. I wasn't trying to create a rift... I was actually hoping to see what Bison fans thought about the tourney being held in Sioux Falls. I occassionally browse through Bville threads. I recall reading some posts pertaining to whether or not the Bison should play the Sioux in any sport until "we are in good standing" with the NCAA in relation to the nickname. If Sioux Falls/Sioux nickname are not something you feel are related, fine...please state so in a respectful way and I won't continue to post on the subject.

NDSUguy
05-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Please don't compare me with DaveK. I appreciate his passion for Sioux sports, but don't necessarily agree with his views. I actually respect the Bison sports program, particularily what they've done during their transition. I would hope the Sioux program's transition will go as smoothly and successfully. I wasn't trying to create a rift... I was actually hoping to see what Bison fans thought about the tourney being held in Sioux Falls. I occassionally browse through Bville threads. I recall reading some posts pertaining to whether or not the Bison should play the Sioux in any sport until "we are in good standing" with the NCAA in relation to the nickname. If Sioux Falls/Sioux nickname are not something you feel are related, fine...please state so in a respectful way and I won't continue to post on the subject.

Let me appologize... I was very fiesty yesterday. My bad.

dmksioux
06-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Let me appologize... I was very fiesty yesterday. My bad.

No worries...and I can see it's apparant bison fans don't have much of an opinion on this topic.

99Bison
06-02-2007, 05:36 PM
No worries...and I can see it's apparant bison fans don't have much of an opinion on this topic.

Probably because no one see's any correlation.

89rabbit
06-13-2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070613/SPORTS/706130333/1002

City submits Summit proposal
Plan addresses locker room needs

By Terry Vandrovec
tvandrovec@argusleader.com
Published: June 13, 2007

Sioux Falls beat the clock, but it remains to be seen if its final attempt will find the mark.

Plans to address inadequacies inside the Arena were submitted to the Summit League office Monday, meaning Sioux Falls' proposal to host the men's and women's basketball tournaments in 2009 and 2010 will be presented at the league's joint council meeting that begins today in Chicago.

The other finalist is Tulsa, Okla., which will host for the fourth year in a row in 2008 at the 4-year-old, $22 million Union Multipurpose Activity Center.

Earlier this month, six Summit League officials toured Sioux Falls and its Arena, built in 1961, and confirmed four major shortcomings: the quality and quantity of locker rooms for officials and players and the lack of a media room and a training room.

Since the site visit, the parties involved in Sioux Falls' bid - the Sioux Falls Sports Authority, the Convention and Visitors Bureau and South Dakota State - have worked with the league and an architect on options for upgrading, reconfiguring or remodeling within the building's existing space to meet the needs of the 16-team NCAA Division I tournament. . . . (read more)

Hammersmith
06-27-2007, 12:27 AM
According to Terry Vandrovec(and other sources), it looks like Sioux Falls got the tourney. I admit I'm a bit surprised, but it sounds like the proposed changes to the arena were enough to allay the ADs' concerns.

Boy, when the NDSU and SDSU men and women meet in the championship games, that place is going to be nuts.

edit: here's the Argus Leader article:
Summit League likely to announce Sioux Falls will host basketball tourneys in 2009 (http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070626/SPORTS/70626039)
(it should read Wed, not Tue, for the press conference)

sambini
06-27-2007, 04:21 AM
Good for Sioux Falls+++++

SDbison
06-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Latest update........news conference at 10 AM today.

http://argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070627/SPORTS0202/706270331/1002/SPORTS

2002jack
06-28-2007, 02:54 AM
I might be missing this in other threads. SF has won the tournament bid. Great news for the Dakotas.

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 07:10 AM
I can't wait to see the Bison go to the "Big Dance" on a court within driving distance of Fargo! ;)

onbison09
07-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm suprised they took it away from Tulsa. Last year that place was rocking and it is like a mile from ORU. That place is really nice and it's a high school arena. Great for Sioux Falls.

TheDoctor
08-20-2007, 05:40 AM
I think they are trying to show their flexibility and mobility. Makes them look like a "bigger" conference so to speak. I am HAPPY! ;)