PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball Schedule

Blue
05-23-2007, 03:55 AM
Kind of surprised to see GoBison.com doesn't have a hint of a volleyball schedule posted. Well I can give you 2 games.
Sept. 16at SDSUBrookings, S.D.7 p.m.
Oct. 20vs SDSUFargo, N.D.7 p.m.
I also believe you guys will be making the trip down for the Jackrabbit Invitational Sept. 7 and 8. Also the Summit League championship will most likely be at IPFW on the 16 and 17 of Nov.

roadwarrior
05-23-2007, 12:36 PM
The Summit League schedule has been made public, but the remainder of the schedule has not.

Ivy
05-23-2007, 02:53 PM
The Summit League schedule has been made public, but the remainder of the schedule has not.

When do they usually release the schedule? I know those little cards are usually around in August, but I would guess the schedule would be before that.

Ivy
05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
2007 VB Schedule Released (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11874&SPID=696&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=919304)

Nothing earth shattering, but nice to see some home conference games.

lakesbison
05-31-2007, 06:42 AM
OMG that schedule is PATHETIC!

what you think IVY??

No big ten, big twelve, heck not even a BCS team on it!!!!!!

You're telling me we can't get 2-3 Non conf matches vs Minnesota or Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska (yes we'd get killed, but dam, give us something)

the Average JOE, wouldn't go to 1 game on that schedule.

But you get one of those teams I mentioned and WHAM, they would go.

Blue
05-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Kinda looks like Hinterstocker is compensating not having a tough schedule for a pretty weak team this year. But that's just my opinion I only watched the Bison play 4 games this spring and 5 games last fall.

Greenie
05-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Kinda looks like Hinterstocker is compensating not having a tough schedule for a pretty weak team this year. But that's just my opinion I only watched the Bison play 4 games this spring and 5 games last fall.

100% agree with you Blue --- last year's successful team lost a lot of key players. This year's team will be relatively inexperienced, and I have no problem with the 2007 schedule. When you are playoff-eligible and in a conference -- the focus is on peaking at the end of the season and winning the conference tourney and thus making the NCAA tourney.

FYI -- Coach H and his staff are close to finishing their 2008 recruiting class already -- the early signing period will be plentiful.

roadwarrior
05-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I would make all of the home matches this fall, but football games will force me to miss some of them.

sambini
06-02-2007, 05:47 AM
I will go to as many games as possible. As my daughter just loves the game.

KC_Hats
06-02-2007, 04:18 PM
It looks like three tournaments and a conference schedule. In order to play the big time schools you need to get into a preconference schedule tournament with them. The goal is to win The Summit League and play in the NCAA tournament. I have no problem with the schedule.

Work and home life permitting I will watch them play at UMKC.

sambini
06-03-2007, 01:17 AM
At least we have more home games now. GOOD LUCK BISON+++

TheDoctor
06-05-2007, 05:55 AM
I expect to see everyone supporting Eric and the Bison!!!!!!! ;)

Ivy
07-02-2007, 01:18 AM
I know there has been a lot of talk about remodeling at the BSA, but anything planned at the BBF? I wish they would get new bleachers.

What are the longterm plans for volleyball anyway? Will they stay in the BBF if/when the new FargoDome expansion is completed?

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I can tell you that there are NO remodel plans for BBFH other than the fact that they are replacing the windows in August and there will actually be natural sunlight coming in all around the court. As it is now, the windows are on the outside for cosmetic purposes and now they will be real. ;)

Bisonguy
07-22-2007, 09:50 PM
I can tell you that there are NO remodel plans for BBFH other than the fact that they are replacing the windows in August and there will actually be natural sunlight coming in all around the court. As it is now, the windows are on the outside for cosmetic purposes and now they will be real. ;)

That should brighten up the dungeon a bit. Maybe it will even help with the ventilation if they can open up the windows.

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes it will AND yes they will be able to be opened and closed. ;)