PDA

View Full Version : D1 Independant Tourney

lakesbison
05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=898661

NDSU was Runner-up's last year, lets get that title!!

p.s- Chicago State is 4-49 after leaving the Mid Con, BUT they beat TULANE 2-1 last thursday.. ha ha .. HILARIOUS! tulane is a powerhouse

Ivy
05-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Is baseball the only sport still going? Good luck in the Tourney.

lakesbison
05-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Yes Ma'am.

Baseball then Volleyball/Football I suppose.

gonna be a long 3 months!!

Im assuming the boys might pull out all the stops for the Final 4 games of Coach Mcloed's tenure????

runtheoption
05-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes Ma'am.

the Final 4 games of Coach Mcloed's tenure????

Did I miss something? Moving on to a different program, or just moving on to something besides baseball?

Ivy
05-22-2007, 06:39 PM
See the other thread. He resigned.

JacksFan
05-24-2007, 02:58 PM
The bison lost their first game of the tourny 8-7 to the host Utah Valley State.

lakesbison
05-24-2007, 06:12 PM
how early was the start?? dam

bisonpride2k
05-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Lost on a 3-run walk off homer to their catcher and leading hitter. Laber went the distance on 130 pitches. They play again at 5pm central time.

JacksFan
05-25-2007, 02:46 AM
Bison lose second game to New York Tech 5-3.

Jacks are faring pretty well though, they beat New York Tech 19-4 yesterday and Chicago State 20-2 today.

Too bad the bison and jacks don't get to play each other in the tournament.

Greenie
05-25-2007, 01:02 PM
The top 2 teams so far (SDSU and Utah Valley) don't even play each other...some tourney :(

bisonpride2k
05-26-2007, 02:57 AM
The top 2 teams so far (SDSU and Utah Valley) don't even play each other...some tourney :(

Yeah they needed to have pool play or something to have a title game to determine a winner.

NDSU worked over Chicago State 17-6. Zimmerman had two home runs (4th,5th). Langlis hit his 9th, and Eckermans(3rd), Patterson (1st), and Miles (2nd) also homered.

Bison finish out the season at 10am central time against New Jersey Tech (a 7-4 winner over SDSU Friday).

bisonpride2k
05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Bison are in a dog fight in the final game. Down 5-4 heading into the bottom of the 8th with NDSU comming up. Mossey has had a tough outing so far giving up 3 runs in two innings of relief.

bisonpride2k
05-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Langlais is on fire!!! Goes yard to lead off the 8th to tie it and is 4x4. Hit for the CYCLE!

bisonpride2k
05-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Crazy Luke Otto gets it done! Singles to score Miles and give NDSU a 6-5 lead. Runners at 1st and 3rd with Watson up and two out.

bisonpride2k
05-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Bison are playing inspired baseball right now refusing to lose today in their final game. Plecki doubles to score Otto and Watson and they are now up 9-5.

bisonpride2k
05-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Laber is coming in to shut the door. Probably his last outing as a Bison since reports are he will be drafted fairly high and will sign early.

SirHinn
05-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Laber is coming in to shut the door. Probably his last outing as a Bison since reports are he will be drafted fairly high and will sign early.

Where are you getting the reports from that he's leaving early? This would appear to be news to the rest of us including Jake himself.

lakesbison
05-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Ill agree that Laber is long gone after this year.

He loved Mitch, but #1 Lefty with his stuff is top 10 round pick, period.

Way to send MITCH OFF ON A WINNING NOTE!!

bisonpride2k
05-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Where are you getting the reports from that he's leaving early? This would appear to be news to the rest of us including Jake himself.

Typed to quickly while in the middle of the game. Should rephrase that. Will possibly sign early. However with the way the draft is set up if he doesnt sign after his junior year he loses all barganing power to get a decent signing bonus no matter what round. 6th round draft picks that complete their senior seasons end up getting much smaller bonuses then even a 10th round under classman regularily. Jake has two great things going for him to be drafted high, he is left handed and throws 90+.

bisonpride2k
05-27-2007, 03:04 PM
From Gobison.com----South Dakota State won the championship over host Utah Valley State by the tournament's third tiebreaker, which was run differential against common opponents. SDSU was a +30 and UVSC was +16.
New Jersey Tech, New York Tech, North Dakota State and Northern Colorado all finished with 2-2 records and took the third- through sixth-place spots in that order. Chicago State was seventh with an 0-4 record.

LOL! Nice tournament format. NDSU, just like all season, was a walk off home run away from putting up a very respectable finish. Again so close. Had NDSU and SDSU been tied I think a season ending grudge match would have been in order instead of some pre determined tie breaker.

SirHinn
05-28-2007, 04:57 AM

I for one would be thrilled to deaith and would love to see him get drafted in the top 10 rounds. That doesn't appear to be the case though. I don't know what relevance whether or not he actually liked his former coach would actually have though in him making his decision (let alone on the fact of him loving his former coach). Perhaps you could tell me your a professional scout and you'll guarantee him being drafted in the top 10 rounds. If so, could you let Jake know? He'd definately appreciate it. One would think a scout or even perhaps someone within an organization would let him know on potentially being a high draft pick. Anyways, Jake is off later in the week to Maryland to play for the Takoma Thunderbolts of the Cal Ripken , Sr. Collegiate Baseball league.

lakesbison
05-29-2007, 02:32 PM
"LOL! Nice tournament format. NDSU, just like all season, was a walk off home run away from putting up a very respectable finish. Again so close. Had NDSU and SDSU been tied I think a season ending grudge match would have been in order instead of some pre determined tie breaker."

How bout the 2 teams meet up at Hankinson and have a DRINK OFF to decide the winner.

sambini
06-02-2007, 05:52 AM
I'll bring the keg....

SirHinn
06-15-2007, 08:57 PM

No talk at all about Jake Laber not getting drafted? Anyone read the article in the paper dicussing it? I think the expectation was for him to get drafted somewhere between the 30th and 50th round. So far he hasn't been great this summer but he has just 1 start so far.