PDA

View Full Version : Vogel accepts internship with Mystics

imabison
05-22-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/166428

Kudos for Megan Vogel, and opportunity..

sambini
05-23-2007, 03:55 AM
Sounds like a good deal for her. Good Luck

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes, good luck to Megan and congrats on the opportunity. ;)

sambini
07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Blue do you see her going overseas and playing also?

Blue
07-25-2007, 05:03 PM
http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/sdsu/megan-vogels-blog/internship-winding-down.html Megan talks about her upcoming plans in this blog:

My internship is on the downward slope now. I have a few practices left before I will head back to Brookings and start a completely new lifestyle. I have everything put together as far as graduate school goes (Thank you, Dr. Vukovich). My post-graduate scholarship information should be at the NCAA office (baring some catastrophe with the post office). And I have also been able to get in touch with Nate Tibbetts, from Sioux Falls, about working with me this fall/winter to get me ready for training camp next year. Essentially my life is all put together baring any speed bumps in the road - which who doesn’t love those right?

I feel really good right now about my decision to not go overseas this year to play professionally. A team in Greece made a good offer, but I really feel as though continuing my education and getting a base for a different career is what is right for me at this point. I know I will do everything possible to train as hard as I can this year to make sure I make a WNBA roster next spring, and can always go overseas once I have received my master’s degree. My teammates out here think I am crazy for not going for the money that is into the overseas leagues. Call me crazy for taking once again the “path less traveled,” but it has worked for me thus far - why not try it one more time!

sambini
07-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks Blue for the info. This young lady has her stuff together++++

TheDoctor
08-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Yes, thanks Blue for the info! ;)