PDA

View Full Version : Rep Points Question

BisonBabe
05-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Do you have the breakdown of what our reputation is and what levels we need to reach for the changes.

Also do we need to have a certain number of posts before rep we give will count for others.

So many questions I know.

NDSUFREAK
05-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Typically since this board is very close to what the AGS board looks like (if not the same) i am sure the set up is the same.

NDSUFREAK
05-05-2007, 03:06 AM
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/reputation

Info on how vbulletin works the rep points and that it can be adjusted to the admins wants as red point levels.

BisonBabe
05-05-2007, 03:59 AM

Info on how vbulletin works the rep points and that it can be adjusted to the admins wants as red point levels.

Thank you.

tony
05-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Sorry, I'll do some digging and setting up later this week.

I think that you have to have 50 posts before you can give reputation.

BisonBabe
05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Sorry, I'll do some digging and setting up later this week.

I think that you have to have 50 posts before you can give reputation.

In that case I have some work to do.

Thanks again for all you do to keep this board up.

Bisonguy
05-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Good info!! :D

NDSUFREAK
05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Good info!! :D

ummm.....any rep for it??? :rolleyes: ;)

:p <<THERE WE GO

NDSUFREAK
05-07-2007, 10:01 PM
there isn't a :lol: smiley so i couldn't put that in after it.

BisonBabe
05-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Tony ~ as you do your research on Rep points could you please add the name of the member that gives us the rep? It is really nice to see who is giving you the kudos. This allows for thank you PM's to be sent to the nice party.

admin
05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
I finally found the setting so you should be able to see who gave you points. I also found out that when I'm logged in as admin and give somebody points, it's more than the normal amount (10 rep points) so I'll try to use "tony" to do that kind of thing from now on... however, I rarely think to do it.

Also, the documentation is old, I think, because I didn't see anything like some of those screens in admin mode.

The default ranks are this (number of rep points to the left):

-999999 User is infamous around these parts
-50 User can only hope to improve
-10 User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
0 User is an unknown quantity at this point
10 User is on a distinguished road
50 User will become famous soon enough
150 User has a spectacular aura about
250 User is a jewel in the rough
350 User is just really nice
450 User is a glorious beacon of light
550 User is a name known to all
650 User is a splendid one to behold
1000 User has much to be proud of
1500 User has a brilliant future
2000 User has a reputation beyond repute

The more rep points you have, the more you can give. The number of posts you have affects things too. Since nothing much else is going on right now, I think I'll start a poll to rename the reputation ranks.

BisonBabe
05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I finally found the setting so you should be able to see who gave you points. I also found out that when I'm logged in as admin and give somebody points, it's more than the normal amount (10 rep points) so I'll try to use "tony" to do that kind of thing from now on... however, I rarely think to do it.

Also, the documentation is old, I think, because I didn't see anything like some of those screens in admin mode.

The more rep points you have, the more you can give. The number of posts you have affects things too. Since nothing much else is going on right now, I think I'll start a poll to rename the reputation ranks.

Thank you Tony.

56BISON73
05-08-2007, 04:37 PM

So where are these points at on the screen???:confused: PL

Hammersmith
05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
So where are these points at on the screen???:confused: PL
At the upper-right corner of each post, just below the join date and number of posts, there is a small, colored box. That box is the reputation indicator. Right now, most users' boxes are grey, meaning they have zero rep points, but a few are green, meaning positive points. You can see what level a user is at by moving your cursor over the box and waiting a few seconds. If you want to find out how many points you have, click the "User CP" button at the left edge of the top bar. The reputation should be just below your subscribed threads.

NDSUFREAK
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
it appears that people have given me rep, but no points so far. 3 people have attempted to but nothin is showin up....post total not enough?

BisonBabe
05-08-2007, 09:11 PM
it appears that people have given me rep, but no points so far. 3 people have attempted to but nothin is showin up....post total not enough?

I am working on the post count so that shoud be resolved soon.

Tony ~ I have comments from 2 members that have plenty of posts but the box is grey as if they do not have enough.

NDSUFREAK
05-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I am working on the post count so that shoud be resolved soon.

Tony ~ I have comments from 2 members that have plenty of posts but the box is grey as if they do not have enough.

yeah, same here.

Bisonguy
05-08-2007, 10:45 PM

I believe you have to give x (10?) rep points before they start to count, even if your post count is high enough.

0 points for me, as everyone so far is just a gray box.....

Bisonguy
05-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Yargh....

Still trying to figure out how this works.

Have a few positives from gray-boxers, and one from someone that already has a green bar, but no points?? :confused: :confused:

NDSUFREAK
05-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Yargh....

Still trying to figure out how this works.

Have a few positives from gray-boxers, and one from someone that already has a green bar, but no points?? :confused: :confused:

I'm sure things will get going smooth in a while. Besides, this is new to everyone here at BISONville and the big difference between this and AGS is that it has been in place for a while.

56BISON73
05-09-2007, 03:44 AM
At the upper-right corner of each post, just below the join date and number of posts, there is a small, colored box. That box is the reputation indicator. Right now, most users' boxes are grey, meaning they have zero rep points, but a few are green, meaning positive points. You can see what level a user is at by moving your cursor over the box and waiting a few seconds. If you want to find out how many points you have, click the "User CP" button at the left edge of the top bar. The reputation should be just below your subscribed threads.

Thanks Hammer. How do you give negative or positive reps?? PL

NDSUFREAK
05-09-2007, 04:23 AM

Click on the picture that looks like this in the upper right hand corner..http://www.american.edu/ocl/jams/images/scale.jpg

Hammersmith
05-09-2007, 04:37 AM
What NDSUFREAK said. (I just wrote out a long explanation that's no longer needed. <sigh>) ;)
Still, the rest is relevant.

The following was posted over at AGS(they use the same software). If these are the defaults, it explains why most of the rep points that have been given out don't have any value.

For every 365 days, a member gains 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 1000 posts, a member gains 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 100 points of reputation, a member gains 1 point of reputation-altering power.
A member must have 50 posts before their reputation hits count on others.
A member must have 10 reputation before their reputation hits count on others.
A member must give reputation to 5 different users before they can hit the same person again.
The bolded one is causing us problems. Very few posters have 10+ points at the moment.

NDSUFREAK
05-09-2007, 04:56 AM
I'VE FINALLY GOT GREEN. Man, that was a fun mystery to solve. Good work everyone!

tony
05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I ran the "rebuild" reputation function... that supposedly gave everybody 10 reputation points plus whatever they had before. I haven't verified this.

Edit: Looks like it affected people's reputation-giving power. That means the more posts you have, the more reputation points you can give or take away since nobody has much rep built up. I'm new to reputation but it seems like a good way to make the board more self-policing.

NDSUFREAK
05-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Doesn't seem like much of these points are being spread out. I'm trying my best to spread em.

Bisonguy
05-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Rep points are being passed around, there's just not as many lounge lizards on this board bumping each other up at exponential rates.

BisonBabe
05-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Rep points are being passed around, there's just not as many lounge lizards on this board bumping each other up at exponential rates.

I resemble that remark :p :p

Bisonguy
05-28-2007, 12:16 AM
LOL- I'm a lounge lurker over on AGS. :hide:

First board I usually check. :blush:

BisonBabe
05-28-2007, 12:21 AM
LOL- I'm a lounge lurker over on AGS. :hide:

First board I usually check. :blush:

I post in the lounge since a lot of the guys seem to resent being on the board at all:( I am starting to make myself known in other parts of the board but I know some of the guys are not happy about it. It is amazing what you learn in private messages.

Bisonguy
05-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Unbelievable. :smh: :smh: :smh:

56BISON73
05-28-2007, 01:02 AM
What NDSUFREAK said. (I just wrote out a long explanation that's no longer needed. <sigh>) ;)
Still, the rest is relevant.

The following was posted over at AGS(they use the same software). If these are the defaults, it explains why most of the rep points that have been given out don't have any value.

The bolded one is causing us problems. Very few posters have 10+ points at the moment.

So whats the point of the reps???? It really doesnt make sense to me as most know who is reputable and who the malcontent is. PL

NDSUFREAK
05-28-2007, 01:28 AM
I post in the lounge since a lot of the guys seem to resent being on the board at all:( I am starting to make myself known in other parts of the board but I know some of the guys are not happy about it. It is amazing what you learn in private messages.
Why not? So some of the people that frequent the football one don't like it?

Those litte :ranting:

NDSUFREAK
05-28-2007, 01:29 AM
So whats the point of the reps???? It really doesnt make sense to me as most know who is reputable and who the malcontent is. PL
Its like rewarding people and who most of the frequent posters are. that is how i take it.

BisonBabe
05-28-2007, 01:38 AM
I see rep points as a way to let the poster know that you appreciated their witty post or words of wisdom. It is kind of fun to see what comments you will get from someone giving you rep. It allows others to see that you have made an impact to others on the board.

Kind of the same with negative rep. While I do not give out neg rep points it does happen over on AGS. I have only seen one person whose rep is red (not a good sign) and I am sorry to say that it is a Bison fan that has rubbed many the wrong way.

Lets have fun with the rep and take it for what it is worth.

NDSUFREAK
05-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Yeah, mplsbison........

BisonBabe
05-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Yeah, mplsbison........

I would give you rep points but I must spread the love before doing so. :p

Bisonguy
05-28-2007, 02:17 AM
I see rep points as a way to let the poster know that you appreciated their witty post or words of wisdom. It is kind of fun to see what comments you will get from someone giving you rep. It allows others to see that you have made an impact to others on the board.

Kind of the same with negative rep. While I do not give out neg rep points it does happen over on AGS. I have only seen one person whose rep is red (not a good sign) and I am sorry to say that it is a Bison fan that has rubbed many the wrong way.

There's a Griz fan that's in the red, as well. Doesn't post nearly as much as MplsBison, so they must have the highest percentage of offensive posts.

BisonBabe
05-28-2007, 02:20 AM
There's a Griz fan that's in the red, as well. Doesn't post nearly as much as MplsBison, so they must have the highest percentage of offensive posts.

Haven't run across him yet. See MplsBison in the Great West forum otherwise would not have known about him.

He is probably a great guy but loves to start controversy:p

NDSUFREAK
05-28-2007, 02:44 AM
Haven't run across him yet. See MplsBison in the Great West forum otherwise would not have known about him.

He is probably a great guy but loves to start controversy:p
You should see him in the football forum. How he just razzes about stuff that nobody cares about. Like right now he is saying how traditional unis look horrible. He is saying that to Georgia Southern fans.........

Bisonguy
05-28-2007, 02:49 AM
FieldTurf, uniforms, burning book- We've heard it all here before from MplsBison and his previous usernames.

BisonBabe
05-28-2007, 02:58 AM
FieldTurf, uniforms, burning book- We've heard it all here before from MplsBison and his previous usernames.

Every team has that one overzealous fan that irks the he!! out of everyone :D

Blue
05-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Every team has that one overzealous fan that irks the he!! out of everyone :D
Some teams have more than one LOL:nod:

No_Skill
06-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Its like rewarding people and who most of the frequent posters are. that is how i take it.

Along with these, I think reps kind of act like a crappy post filter.

I know there have been several times here and over on AGS where I've been typing a post and deliberately tried to put a little more thought into it, in a shameful attempt to try to get points. :D

BisonBabe
07-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Along with these, I think reps kind of act like a crappy post filter.

I know there have been several times here and over on AGS where I've been typing a post and deliberately tried to put a little more thought into it, in a shameful attempt to try to get points. :D

I would not call it shameful. It just shows that you are aware of the rep point system. I am maxed for tic tacs on AGS so even though I can not go higher I do enjoy the comments I receive for my posts.

I also like the fact that I can reward those insightful posts as I see them.

I look forward to when the Rep system catche on here. Will be lots of fun.

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 07:03 AM

So do we have rep points here or not???? ;)

sambini
07-22-2007, 07:35 AM
My Oh My.....

Bisonguy
07-22-2007, 04:12 PM
So do we have rep points here or not???? ;)

Yes, but very few use them.

TheDoctor
08-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I am starting to use them now. ;)

Bisonguy
10-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow, giving away rep points is going to my head!!

Just upped six people's rep status. :nod:

It's nice to see people receive something for insightful or humorous posts.

Bisonguy
10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Wow, giving away rep points is going to my head!!

Just upped six people's rep status. :nod:

It's nice to see people receive something for insightful or humorous posts.
Oh yeah, I'm maxed out for the day. I'll try again tomorrow.

Bisonguy
10-18-2007, 05:16 PM
So, who has been able to take pride in adding a tictac to another user's rep?

So far I've bumped up Tatanka (at least once :confused: ), Hammersmith, mhd1283, TransAmBison, SDBison, tcbison, roadwarrior, CaBisonFan, UND Thundering Herd, tony, BisonBabe, B1SON, and NDSUstudent. :nod:

It's like Christmas after you figure out it's better to give than receive!

BisonBabe
10-18-2007, 05:19 PM

So far I've bumped up Tatanka (at least once :confused: ), Hammersmith, mhd1283, TransAmBison, SDBison, tcbison, roadwarrior, CaBisonFan, UND Thundering Herd, tony, BisonBabe, B1SON, and NDSUstudent. :nod:

I am still working on the Rep power thing so that I can add a tic tac to my fellow members.

BTW thanks for increasing my power :p

NDFAN2
10-18-2007, 05:47 PM

Can you throw me a little love??

UTH
10-18-2007, 06:47 PM

My bump was a quick 1-2 punch from Bisonguy and Tatanka. I wasn't even expecting it that day - just happened to notice an extra tic tac. Thanks to you both!

I'd be interested in hearing about somebody getting bumped by someone who contributed just one point! How 'bout it?

tcbison
10-18-2007, 06:51 PM
What does it mean when you look at your rep points and instead of being green it is more of a gray color? Did I get negative rep points for my "impressive stat" post?

NDFAN2
10-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Well I have 52 points, but no second green dot. One person did give me a negative rep, but didn't say why.

I don't give out negative reps, only positives.

Hammersmith
10-18-2007, 07:18 PM
What does it mean when you look at your rep points and instead of being green it is more of a gray color? Did I get negative rep points for my "impressive stat" post?

More than likely, the person giving you the rep didn't have enough rep points themselves(0-9) for it to count. There are currently 11 users that fall into that category. It doesn't hurt you, but it doesn't help you either.

edit: oops, forgot the 50 posts rule.

BisonBabe
10-18-2007, 07:19 PM

A grey tic tac means that the person who gave you rep does not yet have enough rep to count or does not have enough post to have their rep count.

I believe users need to have 10 rep points and 50 post for their rep to count.

Hammersmith
10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Well I have 52 points, but no second green dot. One person did give me a negative rep, but didn't say why.

I don't give out negative reps, only positives.

You get the second green dot at 100. You got a new title at 50. Hold your cursor over your dot and you'll see the new title.

NDFAN2
10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
You get the second green dot at 100. You got a new title at 50. Hold your cursor over your dot and you'll see the new title.

Thanks! I didn't know that. I get a kick out of the titles....

TheDoctor
10-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks! I didn't know that. I get a kick out of the titles....
NDFAN 2 will be famous soon enough! ;)

NDSU1980
10-19-2007, 01:54 PM
OK, I understand the dots on the right side of the screen, but what's with the large dot by the name? Some dots are all blue, and some are blue with a green inside. Also, how do you look at how many rep points someone else has? Just curious.

NDFAN2
10-19-2007, 02:01 PM
OK, I understand the dots on the right side of the screen, but what's with the large dot by the name? Some dots are all blue, and some are blue with a green inside. Also, how do you look at how many rep points someone else has? Just curious.

Just roll your mouse over the dot and it tells you if you are online or off line.

On the rep points dots, I don't know how to tell how many others have other than they surpass certian thresholds - i.e. 2 dots means over 100 rep points. I'm sure if you ask someone, they will tell you how many points they have, if they know where to find the answer.

Bisonguy
10-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Just roll your mouse over the dot and it tells you if you are online or off line.

On the rep points dots, I don't know how to tell how many others have other than they surpass certian thresholds - i.e. 2 dots means over 100 rep points. I'm sure if you ask someone, they will tell you how many points they have, if they know where to find the answer.

You can also tell everyone's 'relative' points if you click on Memberlist, and the click on reputation. It will sort all members by rep points, although it will not disclose actual points.

aces1180
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM
We have movement at the top of the Rep points leaders....Tatanka has passed Bisonguy...This will be an epic battle.

TransAmBison
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
We have movement at the top of the Rep points leaders....Tatanka has passed Bisonguy...This will be an epic battle.
And in this corner weighing in at 4 green dots and one lit dot...

Tatanka
12-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Holy crap! Don't know quite how this could have happened, but thanks everyone. Wow. :blush:

NDFAN2
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Tatanka is a name known to all

:bowdown: Tatanka

UTH
12-07-2007, 02:04 AM

For there can be only one!!!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Highlandertherecanbeonlyone.jpg

Bisonguy
12-07-2007, 05:21 AM

Tatanka has actually been in the lead a few times before. :nod:

He probably should be farther out front, but I always end up having to spread more rep around before I can give it to him or UND Thundering Herd.

Tatanka
12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Actually, there's no way I'd be close to the front of the list without the famous "BisonGuy bump"... each one is like a 18* point payday!

* estimate. Your mileage may vary.

extremerouge
12-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Tatanka has actually been in the lead a few times before. :nod:

He probably should be farther out front, but I always end up having to spread more rep around before I can give it to him or UND Thundering Herd.
I was wondering how UND thundering herd got so many so quickly! UND TH was at like 3 a week or two ago... i guess a couple of hits from bisonguy will do that!

UTH
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I was wondering how UND thundering herd got so many so quickly! UND TH was at like 3 a week or two ago... i guess a couple of hits from bisonguy will do that!

My pictorial on the football season in review was mighty productive for my tic tacs. It got plenty of positive hits. :blush: Thanks!

That post can be found right here (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163932&postcount=7).

*sorry about the shameless advert.

extremerouge
12-08-2007, 05:34 AM
My pictorial on the football season in review was mighty productive for my tic tacs. It got plenty of positive hits. :blush: Thanks!

That post can be found right here (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163932&postcount=7).

well that makes sense you deserved those! that was great

BisManBison
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM

Yah, that was one of the greatest posts ever. You and I need to get together for a beer here sometime. Something tells me you are a million laughs...and I'm all about others entertaining me.

BisonBabe
12-17-2007, 02:15 AM
I am loaded and hunting with my rep gun. Watch your CP guys and gals :p

BisonBabe
12-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Before I knew it the clip was empty. Gotta reload :D

Bisonguy
12-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Wow, that second lit green tic tac is difficult to achieve. :nod:

UTH
12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Wow, that second lit green tic tac is difficult to achieve. :nod:

How many points does that take?

Bisonguy
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
don't know- "I'm a splendid one to behold", but haven't gained a tic tac recently.

Maybe you need 1k points for the next tic tac??

fargocyclone
12-18-2007, 06:48 AM
After you start getting lit tic tacs, it takes 200 points for each new one.

BisonBabe
12-18-2007, 10:53 PM
I am all out of rep for today. Had lots of fun giving it out.

fargocyclone
12-18-2007, 10:55 PM

Hey! I didn't get any!! haha! :ranting: :D

BisonBabe
12-19-2007, 12:03 AM

Your in the next round.

Hey Tony could you check to see how many times we can give rep in a 24 hour period? Seemed like I ran out in much less than that :blush:

extremerouge
12-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Shameless....;)

Tatanka
12-19-2007, 01:51 AM
don't know- "I'm a splendid one to behold", but haven't gained a tic tac recently.

Maybe you need 1k points for the next tic tac??
aaaaand there's your tic tac! :)

Bisonguy
12-19-2007, 01:55 AM

w00t!! More rep-altering power!!

Bisonguy
12-19-2007, 01:56 AM

Right back at 'ya!!!

Tatanka
12-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Why indeed. thank you sir.

TransAmBison
12-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Congrats to you both...well deserved!

Tatanka
12-19-2007, 02:58 AM
and to you as well...

extremerouge
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
haha you guys are the heavy hitters! I gotta think of something witty so that i can get some from you all!

NDSU1980
12-19-2007, 02:28 PM

Well, since you ran out, I'll help restock you by by awarding you some. Your cup shouldn't ever be allowed to run dry. LOL.

tcbison
12-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Well, since you ran out, I'll help restock you by by awarding you some. Your cup shouldn't ever be allowed to run dry. LOL.

Rep for giving out rep.

d3boys
12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Shameless....;)

look on the next page and see who is begging, shame on you

WYOBISONMAN
12-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of begging........;)

fargocyclone
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of begging........;)

Hey, whatever works! I got hits from three of the big hitters for that one! :) (Thanks!) :bowdown:

TheDoctor
12-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I see...so rep points are more if the person giving them has more....I see. BG..TransAm....hit me up! ;)

Bisonguy
12-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I see...so rep points are more if the person giving them has more....I see. BG..TransAm....hit me up! ;)

Sometimes you gotta give before you can receive, Grasshopper. :frog:

Bisonguy
12-23-2007, 08:40 PM

Yeah, the number of rep points someone gives is determined by one point for each year they've been a member, one point for every 1,000 posts, and one point for every 100 points of rep they've attained above the initial 10 given out.

BisonBabe
12-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah, the number of rep points someone gives is determined by one point for each year they've been a member, one point for every 1,000 posts, and one point for every 100 points of rep they've attained above the initial 10 given out.

Yep. Over on AGS I have over 50k for rep points so can hit with just over 500 points a pop. So if any of you guys are over there as well speak up and be witty and you may just find a Christmas/New Years present in your CP.

I am not a heavy hitter over here but try to make my rounds paying my respects to those who deserve it.

TheDoctor
12-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Yep. Over on AGS I have over 50k for rep points so can hit with just over 500 points a pop. So if any of you guys are over there as well speak up and be witty and you may just find a Christmas/New Years present in your CP.

I am not a heavy hitter over here but try to make my rounds paying my respects to those who deserve it.

Thanks BB! I got it now. I'd join AGS but the amount of time I spend on here has me border lining divorce. If I signed up there, I might as well just start packing my bags! :rofl:

TransAmBison
12-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks BB! I got it now. I'd join AGS but the amount of time I spend on here has me border lining divorce. If I signed up there, I might as well just start packing my bags! :rofl:
I hear you there! Besides, I really don't care that much about other schools. All I care to talk about is "Da Bison."

TheDoctor
12-24-2007, 01:20 AM
WOW! Rep points from those two just upped me like 60 points, thanks guys! Ok....now PL, UND-TH, Tatanka and CABison hook me up and I will be flying! Thanks for the Christmas presents guys! I'll be important on here someday! :rofl:

UTH
12-24-2007, 01:21 AM
I hear you there! Besides, I really don't care that much about other schools. All I care to talk about is "Da Bison."

Amen to that.

fargocyclone
12-24-2007, 02:11 AM
WOW! Rep points from those two just upped me like 60 points, thanks guys! Ok....now PL, UND-TH, Tatanka and CABison hook me up and I will be flying! Thanks for the Christmas presents guys! I'll be important on here someday! :rofl:

Speaking of shameless! haha, I got made fun of when I did that!

BisonBabe
12-24-2007, 02:37 AM
Speaking of shameless! haha, I got made fun of when I did that!

Shameless begging has to be done by someone.

So why not me :p

TheDoctor
12-24-2007, 03:04 AM
People are hooking me up! Road even got in on the action! The next rep I get will give me another bar! 294 right now. Thanks! :rofl:

TheDoctor
12-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Bam, 4 bars! I may have enough bars to get a cell phone reception now! :rofl: Thanks everyone for the early Christmas presents! ;)

extremerouge
12-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Bam, 4 bars! I may have enough bars to get a cell phone reception now! :rofl: Thanks everyone for the early Christmas presents! ;)
how much did you just jump?

TheDoctor
12-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I went from 219 to 319 in one day. Thanks guys! ;)

Bison"FANatic"
12-24-2007, 04:24 PM
I went from 219 to 319 in one day. Thanks guys! ;)

I will bump you the few I have just for having so much cool Bison Stuff.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

TheDoctor
12-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I will bump you the few I have just for having so much cool Bison Stuff.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks, I returned the favor for getting such good tickets to the SDSU game! ;)

BisonBabe
12-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks to all who helped me to the bright green tic tac. The gift is accepted and will be returned in kind.

Bisonguy
12-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow, TransAmBison is the first to three lit tic-tacs!!! Of course, I'm the one that contributed to get him there. :blush:

tcbison
12-26-2007, 04:14 PM

I think you just got bumped to 5 bars. You have great full bison cell phone coverage now!

TheDoctor
12-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I think you just got bumped to 5 bars. You have great full bison cell phone coverage now!

:rofl: Thats right! Thanks! :rofl:

90BISON
12-27-2007, 11:23 PM

I'm not sure how I missed that post before, that was great. I still don't know where you find all this crap, although some of them I've seen before.:nod:

spelunker64
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
I've been a slacker as far as posting on this site, I have over 5,000 posts on AGS and over 40,000 in rep points. So I'm trying to equalize my time a little better here on the home front.

tjbison
03-05-2008, 03:14 AM
this may be a dumb ? but I got a little Grey box from a SDSU fan. From the comments section it seems to have been a positive, but why is it grey?? Negative rep would have been red right?:confused:

BlueBisonRock
03-05-2008, 04:00 AM
this may be a dumb ? but I got a little Grey box from a SDSU fan. From the comments section it seems to have been a positive, but why is it grey?? Negative rep would have been red right?:confused:

The supplier of rep has less than 50 posts. It takes 50 to play.

UTH
03-05-2008, 04:38 AM
The supplier of rep has less than 50 posts. It takes 50 to play...

but don't let little details like that keep anybody from giving rep. Giving a little can at least put a person on the radar screen, you know.

*finished it for you.

Blue
03-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Isn't it less then fifty points?

UTH
03-05-2008, 04:45 AM
Isn't it less then fifty points?

Posts. The answer is someplace earlier in the thread. Just take BBR's word for it.http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/SmiliesThumbsupa.gif

BisonBabe
03-05-2008, 02:14 PM

Here is the information you were looking for.

Bisonguy
03-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Here is the information you were looking for.

I believe tony reset everyone so they started out at 10 points, so bascially it's just posts that matter. Well, unless someone gets negative rep before they hit 50 posts.

Bisonguy
03-05-2008, 08:18 PM

Yes, red is negative rep.

TheDoctor
03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
To me rep has become a joke (literally) on this board. I am as guilty of it as any, but we give rep primarily for being funny (telling jokes). So, if I was a newbie to this board, I would assume that the people with the most rep are the people that have contributed to the board in the discussion and information on the Bison, which for the most part is far from true. The people with the most rep (aside from BG who got his for his pictures and Bison related content) are the people who are the funniest and find others like them to be funny. I am in no way trying to be offensive, but the truth is that the people with heavy rep for the most part got it for being funny. I am as guilty as the next guy, as I give rep for being funny and have received it for that as well. ;)

56BISON73
03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
To me rep has become a joke (literally) on this board. I am as guilty of it as any, but we give rep primarily for being funny (telling jokes). So, if I was a newbie to this board, I would assume that the people with the most rep are the people that have contributed to the board in the discussion and information on the Bison, which for the most part is far from true. The people with the most rep (aside from BG who got his for his pictures and Bison related content) are the people who are the funniest and find others like them to be funny. I am in no way trying to be offensive, but the truth is that the people with heavy rep for the most part got it for being funny. I am as guilty as the next guy, as I give rep for being funny and have received it for that as well. ;)

When were you funny???:D PL

TheDoctor
03-05-2008, 08:43 PM
When you you funny???:D PL

Come on PL....we both know a good Lakes ribbing is always good for rep points!!!!!!! ;)

extremerouge
03-05-2008, 09:14 PM

don't forget UTH's pictures!

tjbison
03-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info! When the poster reaches enough posts, will me little box turn green?

Blue
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info! When the poster reaches enough posts, will me little box turn green?
It's stuck on grey forever:D

CarringtonBison
03-06-2008, 01:35 AM
When were you funny???:D PL

ha ha, rep points to you. that was funny.

TheDoctor
03-06-2008, 03:41 AM
ha ha, rep points to you. that was funny.

This is my point exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: ;)

Bison bison
03-06-2008, 03:50 AM
i agree with the funny thing.

but there are different types of funny.

apparently the sarcastic a$$hole doesn't do to well on this site.

(me being a case in point!)