PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good body shop?

Till
05-03-2007, 08:20 PM
So, I'm about to head to work this morning and what do I see? Someone had plowed into the Green Monster last night. Not only that, they pushed the van into the pickup behind it, then that truck into the car behind it.

The office who worked the case told me that the driver passed out at the wheel sometime around 4 this morning. Good thing is it sounds like the cops got this guy.

I still have to find out about this driver, but things are looking good for this tailgating rig. I'm working on getting some pictures to post.

I'll update this later when I hear more.

TransAmBison
05-03-2007, 08:37 PM
We had the Trans Am restored at Intense Collision Center in Fargo. We definitely swear by them!

WYOBISONMAN
05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
NOT THE GREEN MONSTER!!! We are officially in mourning here in WYO.....:smh: :eek: :eek:

G-city Bison Fan
05-05-2007, 02:19 PM
The Green Monster is strong.

There were already planned upgrades to the van this summer, hopefully it will be better and stronger for the coming season.

99Bison
05-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Quality has generally done some good work for me. Had to take a fix back once but they were very good about making it right.

Are there any auto body team makers that may help you have some more fun with it?

TransAmBison
05-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Update on the Green Monster? The TransAmBison family is concerned and can't stop thinking about it. Need to hear it is going to be okay!

Till
05-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Well, not much to update yet.

We're still trying to figure some insurance stuff out, but you know how that can be. Right now it looks like there's a bunch of body work, plus possibly a shot transmission and maybe some engine mount stuff going on.

I'm still working on getting the pictures up, but they should be coming along shortly.

WePharm
05-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Till-sorry to hear about the green monster. I think that bent bumper gives it a bit more personality though! Even if you have to pull it, I hope you get it to the games. It's one of the primo tailgating attractions

sambini
05-07-2007, 03:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your vehicle. Gateway body shop worked on our vehicles before. Did a great job. Also owned by Bison Teammakers.

tony
05-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Totally missed this one... sorry to hear about the Green Monster.

99Bison
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
On a tangent note are there any cpa for business team makers out there?

Till
05-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Well, got another update.

Apparently Progressive Insurance CAN put a price tag on a symbol, a quasi-icon even. And that price tag reads $1000, or $1300 if they junk it.

Needless to say we're all pretty bummed about this. Anyone know what, if any, recourse we might have for a situation like this, especially since the kid who hit it got a DUI and a MIP?

Bisonguy
05-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Ouch.

Don't mean to be glum, but-
You could possibly try small claims court, but I have my doubts whether you would be able to go after the value of all the time and work you put into the Green Monster. Even if you do get a judgement, it's not always a sure thing that you'll ever see any money out of it, either.

TransAmBison
05-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Do we have any teammaker body shop guys on here that can cut a guy a break? I mean, it just wouldn't be right for the Green Monster to go out this way. We gotta find a way to help Till out here.

Till
05-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I appreciate the thoughts. We had thought small claims court too, but if it's just some kid I don't know that we'd be able to get anything out of it except a headache.

And if it was just the body work it wouldn't be so bad. Just go find a grill and a front and rear bumper and we can bolt those on. It the mechanical side that I'm worried about. I'm pretty sure the frame is bent out of shape. Plus the radiator is loose and the tranny is probably shot. The guy didn't even take those things into consideration when he made his repair estimate of a couple grand.

I have a buddy who does body work who I'm going to have take a look at it to see what we can do.

And you're right Trans Am, I didn't see it ending like this. I was really thnking more of floating it to the middle of a lake on a barge and shooting a flaming arrow at it. Send it off Viking funeral style.

MN_BISON
05-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear about the Green Monster. How old is the kid?

Bisonguy
05-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Small claims sucks.

My father received a judgement against an uninsured motorist, and ended up getting about $75 out of the deal. The judgement was for over $3,500, but they decided they didn't want to pay it. Not much could be done. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yo
05-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your tailgating rig mishap, it shouldn't happen to anyone's tailgating rig. If you or anyone is in need of paint, Sturdevant's Refinish Supply on main ave. is the place to go. Go there and talk with Bill. He's a former football player & a great guy. We got some green paint & yellow pinstripe there last year for our rig & it turned out great.

Hope this helps.

TheBisonator
05-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Luther Collision on 32nd did a kick-ass job on my car when I was rear-ended this past winter (They even fixed my broken side mirror and cleaned my interior free of charge). But this was a 2001 Mazda Protege, not the multi-ton Green Monster, so I can't say for sure if it would work for you.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Till. DUIs are a real problem in this state.

TransAmBison
08-29-2007, 09:28 PM
So what is the word on the Green Monster? Will we be seeing it out tailgating for the first game?

56BISON73
08-29-2007, 10:34 PM
If he was ticketed for a minor in possesion then his parents are responsible for him. You might want to talk to them to see if you can come to an agreement to avoid a possible lawsuit. Granted it might be a bluff but it might work. But if the family doesnt have any resources at least you tried. PL

TheDoctor
08-30-2007, 03:36 AM
Yes, can't hurt to talk to them first. ;)

G-city Bison Fan
09-03-2007, 04:42 AM
I will let Till post pictures if he wants, but the Green Monster will definitely be at the first game and looking meaner than ever.

TransAmBison
09-03-2007, 12:06 PM
I will let Till post pictures if he wants, but the Green Monster will definitely be at the first game and looking meaner than ever.
Great news!!!!

TheDoctor
09-06-2007, 06:16 AM

Good to hear! ;)