PDA

View Full Version : New pain job

NDSUFREAK
04-30-2007, 03:31 AM
Has anyone heard if they are going to repaint the logos on the turf in the FFD for this upcoming year? That sure wouldn't do any harm.

IronRanger
04-30-2007, 05:16 AM
They repaint them every year at the beginning of the year. They usually do it about a month before the season starts

TheBisonator
04-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Someone at the Dome told me they were going to repaint them for this season. Should be done sometime in August.

BISON Thunder
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
A good pressure washing of the seats and cement floor wouldn't hurt either. At this year's spring scrimmage, I think I could smell the spilled beer from the 2004 Elton John concert.

IowaBisonToo
04-30-2007, 02:11 PM
A good pressure washing of the seats and cement floor wouldn't hurt either. At this year's spring scrimmage, I think I could smell the spilled beer from the 2004 Elton John concert.

That was mine my wife kicked over, damn it!;)

imabison
04-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Our impression was that the floor at the Fargodome may have been recently resealed as it had a sticky feel to everything. Stairs, floors all over.

Herd Mentality
05-01-2007, 03:31 PM
They repaint them every year at the beginning of the year. They usually do it about a month before the season starts

Incorrect. They aren't not painted EVERY year. Anyone remember the Valparaiso game? I was a little peaved that they didn't repaint the endzones for the first year of D1 - I guess they figured the HUGE FargoDome logo was enough to detract from it.

TheBisonator
05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Incorrect. They aren't not painted EVERY year. Anyone remember the Valparaiso game? I was a little peaved that they didn't repaint the endzones for the first year of D1 - I guess they figured the HUGE FargoDome logo was enough to detract from it.

They repaint them every other August. Odd-numbered years. 2003, 2005 and now 2007.

BigBison
05-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Well I hope they Paint it, it could really use it.

BisBison
05-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Well I hope they Paint it, it could really use it.

I'd rather they would just replace it with fieldturf. We should junk this outdated "astroturf" and all the carpet burns with it.

Ivy
05-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I do like the look of Fieldturf, but isn't it tough to take up if the Dome needed to be used for a non-football event?

bisonaudit
05-11-2007, 04:23 PM
SkyDome (Rogers Centre) has a removable field turf system. It works a lot like a basketball floor except with giant hex pallets of field turf instead of wooden squares of flooring.

Per Rogers Centre approximately 16 hours to go from Football configuration to a concrete floor. I'd guess that FargoDome would be somewhat faster as those silly Canadians play on a larger field that's 25% to big and most stadiums have significantly more turf out of bounds than the FargoDome does. So maybe a 12 hour transition give or take.

If you want to switch out the logo or signage, all you've got to do is swap out the trays.

From FieldTurf:
Convert quickly and easily from sports events to conventions or concerts. Professionals depend on the flexibility of staging sporting events right on top of FieldTurf with no damage to the surface. Solid load bearing capacity of the patented sand and cryogenic rubber infill system allows vehicles to drive directly on the surface. Installed in 2005 at the Rogers Center, FieldTurf’s state-of-the-art tray system will serve to delight customers with changing needs from all over the world. FieldTurf’s tray system is extremely portable and easily stored. The modular trays can be configured in any way while the "lay flat" design allows the FTCS surface to conform to almost any undulating floor condition. Gone are the days of tripping on seam thread. FieldTurf’s trays can be interchangeable for specific logos and or signage while the transportable design allows for moving the surface in or out of a stadium for commercial events. No special storage racking is required since the trays are stacked on each other.