PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no game this weekend???

bisonpride2k
04-27-2007, 03:50 AM
So what is everyones guess as to why there is no games for the baseball team this weekend? There is a right answer.

NDSUFREAK
04-27-2007, 04:49 AM
I think it's got to be that they are giving Newman a facelift just to be ready for the Red Hawks. For example, cleaning the stands, getting the grass green, cleaning concessions and getting them ready, locker rooms, etc....

heymch86
04-27-2007, 07:04 AM
I think its got to be because no one friggin cares about bison baseball

sambini
04-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Keg party or Chubs Pub customer appreciation weekend.

lakesbison
05-01-2007, 12:33 AM
she is protesting that people actually care about NDSU baseball and 400 people show up over the 58 people that show up for women's softball...

she is the reason baseball is UNDERFUNDED!! period.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
05-01-2007, 03:19 AM
she is protesting that people actually care about NDSU baseball and 400 people show up over the 58 people that show up for women's softball...

Lynn is smart enough not to throw good money after bad. If the baseball team won as much as the softball team---they may get a bone..

bisonpride2k
05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
The correct answer is C. We had a BEAUTIFUL weekend for baseball. Probably the best for a spring season in a couple years which would have brought out large crowds but since Gene couldnt fork over a small amount of cash one of the most beautiful college baseball parks in the country sat empty.

As far as Newman is concerned, the Bison have field, and locker room priority until their home schedule is complete.

bisonpride2k
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Lynn is smart enough not to throw good money after bad. If the baseball team won as much as the softball team---they may get a bone..

That is complete backwards thinking! Doesn't the old saying go to make money you have to spend money? Same goes with success of programs.

#1- Lynn is not smart enough to run even a junior high athletic program. She doesnt know the first thing about doing any of that. Not to mention knowing anything about another sport besides basketball and maybe volleyball. Why do you think they need to throw a bunch of money into a new soccer field, because Lynn was too stupid to make sure they made Elig a big enough playing surface. I once heard she asked why baseball needs more then 3 pitchers on the roster because softball gets by with three so why cant baseball. LOL!!! Her womens programs sucess is directly related to MONEY. Money given to them because of title IX because football would never be cut back like other DII programs 15 years ago.

#2-Baseball won MUCH more then softball did in the early to mid 90's, UNTIL they threw a ton of money at softball in comparison because of title IX implications. Baseball was winning and competing for conference championships on 0.75 scholarships in comparison to the allowed 9 in DII. Meanwhile softball was fully funded for scholarships when they won their national title and have over TWICE the budget that baseball has for recruiting travel, scholarships, game travel, etc for half as many players... Yes Darren has done a great job but it sure is alot easier when you dont have someone with a nuse around your neck yanking you back when you try and do anything.

sambini
05-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Just how many championships have the baseball team won?

Wacker_in_the_Hall
05-03-2007, 02:20 PM
That is complete backwards thinking! Doesn't the old saying go to make money you have to spend money? Same goes with success of programs.

#1- Lynn is not smart enough to run even a junior high athletic program. She doesnt know the first thing about doing any of that. Not to mention knowing anything about another sport besides basketball and maybe volleyball. Why do you think they need to throw a bunch of money into a new soccer field, because Lynn was too stupid to make sure they made Elig a big enough playing surface. I once heard she asked why baseball needs more then 3 pitchers on the roster because softball gets by with three so why cant baseball. LOL!!! Her womens programs sucess is directly related to MONEY. Money given to them because of title IX because football would never be cut back like other DII programs 15 years ago.

#2-Baseball won MUCH more then softball did in the early to mid 90's, UNTIL they threw a ton of money at softball in comparison because of title IX implications. Baseball was winning and competing for conference championships on 0.75 scholarships in comparison to the allowed 9 in DII. Meanwhile softball was fully funded for scholarships when they won their national title and have over TWICE the budget that baseball has for recruiting travel, scholarships, game travel, etc for half as many players... Yes Darren has done a great job but it sure is alot easier when you dont have someone with a nuse around your neck yanking you back when you try and do anything.

Title IX, it does not sound like you agree with it's intentions. I have news for you it is not going away...the baseball team needs to find a way to self-fund.

bisonpride2k
05-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Title IX, it does not sound like you agree with it's intentions. I have news for you it is not going away...the baseball team needs to find a way to self-fund.

I have no problems with title IX's intentions. Title IX needed to happen and should be applauded. The women deserve to be funded. I have problems with incompetant people in a high level position being given credit for success when doing nothing. Which describes LD perfectly. The other problem I have is called fairness, NOT equality, but fair. Baseball is not getting that even close. They are not asking for the world. Just respectable.

***"the baseball team needs to find a way to self-fund"***

Funny you should say that because they are NOT allowed to outside of football game program sales. Gene even wanted to get rid of the "Bull Pen" club because he wants everyone to go through Team Makers. Well there are alot of baseball alumni that would rather die then join Team Makers because of how they were treated like second rate citizens around the athletic department and because they know baseball would never see the money. Which they wouldn't!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
05-04-2007, 02:27 AM
I have no problems with title IX's intentions. Title IX needed to happen and should be applauded. The women deserve to be funded. I have problems with incompetant people in a high level position being given credit for success when doing nothing. Which describes LD perfectly. The other problem I have is called fairness, NOT equality, but fair. Baseball is not getting that even close. They are not asking for the world. Just respectable.

***"the baseball team needs to find a way to self-fund"***

Funny you should say that because they are NOT allowed to outside of football game program sales. Gene even wanted to get rid of the "Bull Pen" club because he wants everyone to go through Team Makers. Well there are alot of baseball alumni that would rather die then join Team Makers because of how they were treated like second rate citizens around the athletic department and because they know baseball would never see the money. Which they wouldn't!

So tell us what is fair? where should the money be taken from? If baseball is falling short...what Mens sport should we take from?

Team Makers is totally separate from the Athletic Department. Your comment about baseball players not joining speaks volumes. The only thing Team Makers is charged with is raising $ for scholarships. We do not dictate what sport it goes to. Baseball players not joining hurts themselves.

TheDoctor
05-05-2007, 10:55 PM

and 375 of those baseball fans are TeamMakers or students getting in free as opposed to the 50 going to a softball game. So bottom line is NEITHER program has a dime coming in. Reasons being---TeamMakers get in free and no advertisement. ;)