PDA

View Full Version : Marlee Finley

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
04-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Collins is being dubbed the top point in the state

tony
04-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Mandan has an unbelievable program. NDSU sure hasn't had any luck recruiting Mandan... only one player that I can remember and she transferred.

Anyway, the state tourney is in Fargo next year - I'd say the odds of Mandan making it are pretty good.

silkamilkamonico
04-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Didn't the coaches daughter come to NDSU? Amundson......Jayne or something like that?

Other than her I can't think of anyone else.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
04-25-2007, 05:49 PM
According to the NDHSAA website, the 2008 tourney is in Bismarck for Class A Boys and Girls and the Class B boys will be in Fargo. And yes I believe Greg's daughter Jaye did play at NDSU (or UND?) not too sure.

imabison
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Didn't the coaches daughter come to NDSU? Amundson......Jayne or something like that?

Other than her I can't think of anyone else.
I seem to remember a name similar to Jayne Amundson that played at NDSU sometime in the past decade.

tony
04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I seem to remember a name similar to Jayne Amundson that played at NDSU sometime in the past decade.

I was thinking of Mary Perizzo so Jaye Amundson makes two (can't believe I forgot a fellow Mandanite... er Mandaner?).

You're right about the tourney too... 2008-09 is Fargo, next year is in Bismarck (but, hey, maybe there'll be a new arena by then).

NDSU_grad
04-26-2007, 12:43 AM

You might be getting Jaye Amundson and Jayne Even mixed up. They played together on the team that was national runner-up (2000?). I got 'em confused all the time.

4mcruenomore
05-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Fargo Shanley has a great program and hopefully NDSU is looking there, and yes it was Jay but she didn't amount to squat. I guess I'm impartial b/c my wife played on the 1996 Shanley championship team, against Jay Amundson
Shanley/Mandan is a huge rivalry, haha!!

SirHinn
05-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Fargo Shanley has a great program and hopefully NDSU is looking there, and yes it was Jay but she didn't amount to squat. I guess I'm impartial b/c my wife played on the 1996 Shanley championship team, against Jay Amundson
Shanley/Mandan is a huge rivalry, haha!!

Hasn't Shanley struggled the last few years prior to Tim Jacobson being brought in?

It's difficult to argue the fact of Mandan having rivalries at this point considering that they beat their opponents on average of over 34 points per game last year and outscored their opponents by more then 850 points. Let's be honest, this Mandan's world and the rest of the teams are just living in it.

BISON Thunder
05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Shanley has three girls 6'1" plus coming back next year. All three need to add weight and get quicker if they hope to play at the level of an NDSU. They will give Mandan a run for their money next season.

BisBison
05-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Shanley has three girls 6'1" plus coming back next year. All three need to add weight and get quicker if they hope to play at the level of an NDSU. They will give Mandan a run for their money next season.

They might, Mandan graduates three quality starters (including Kelpinski to University of New Mexico) and two bench players that saw a lot of quality time. But we've heard this all before. I'll believe it when I see it. The subs for Mandan got a lot of playing time this year, sometimes the whole second half. We've got a couple freshman and sophs you haven't heard of yet, but will next year. We don't rebuild here we reload. As for Marlee Finley, she's 5'11" and can defend and shoot the three (7 in one game in the West Region). We should watch her, she'd make a great Bison, great attitude, great student, I'd love to see her in the green and yellow.

BISON Thunder
05-02-2007, 02:45 PM
They might, Mandan graduates three quality starters (including Kelpinski to University of New Mexico) and two bench players that saw a lot of quality time. But we've heard this all before. I'll believe it when I see it. The subs for Mandan got a lot of playing time this year, sometimes the whole second half. We've got a couple freshman and sophs you haven't heard of yet, but will next year. We don't rebuild here we reload. As for Marlee Finley, she's 5'11" and can defend and shoot the three (7 in one game in the West Region). We should watch her, she'd make a great Bison, great attitude, great student, I'd love to see her in the green and yellow.

Why do you think NDSU has been unsuccessful in getting the Mandan/Bismarck girls to play here?

BisBison
05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Why do you think NDSU has been unsuccessful in getting the Mandan/Bismarck girls to play here?

I'm not sure. When coach Amundson's daughter Jayne was playing for the Bison he had Bison women's bball posters up all over the locker room and gym. So it's not for lack of exposure. Mary Perizzo went to SU for one year and transfered to und2, and spent the next 3 years badmouthing the program and school, so that may have something to do with it as well. But that's all history now, I just wonder if Amy thinks any in-state players are D-I material. I haven't heard of her even recruiting out here lately.

aces1180
05-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I graduated from Mandan High School the year after Jaye Amundson and before Mary Perrizo.

From what I was told, Perizzo transfered to UND because she had a boyfriend up there, plus she did not get along with Amy.

I think alot of Mandan's success has to do with the fact that Coach Amundson believes in the 'team' concept. He was my baseball coach for a year and was a great motivator. We were an overachieving team and he made us better.

He has had a lot of good players, but most of the 'stars' have left the state to play college ball. In fact, UND hasn't had a player from Mandan since Perrizo (unless I am wrong), and she wasn't even recruited.

sambini
05-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks Aces for your insight. And never count Mandan out. They just keep on winning.

4mcruenomore
05-04-2007, 04:47 AM
There may not be a rivalry now, but just b/c a team hasn't been up to snuff in the last few years doesn't mean there isn't a rivalry. I in fact know some ex Shanley players that feel there IS a rivalry. You can quote all the scores you want, and how many points Mandan won by, blah blah. You can't take away the back to back championships the girls in Fargo won, and 1 year against Miss Basketball herself. I have the tape to prove she wasn't a threat at all. LOL, I wasn't approved by the better half to post this, but I felt I needed to.
Mandan has won 8 championships since '74, and Shanley 7? Considering we have a rivalry with UND football and they have only won 1 national title and us 8, I do consider this a rivalry.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Bismarck will probably run the 2008 A Tourney the way they run the West Region tourney...they have two arenas, the main arena and the smaller arena. That would be my only guess. As for Mandan girls, they will be tough to beat again because remember those games that J-Kel and C-Kel were out, the other girls stepped up. C-Kel was out part of the season because of injury and J-Kel was in foul trouble a lot of the games. Finley and Collins could be hard to guard. Both have received D1 interest, two D1 players with a talented group of girls surrounding them shouldn't be counted out.

sambini
05-17-2007, 03:00 AM
hOW GOOD IS THIS FINLEY GIRL? And where will the Mandan girls travel this summer and play?

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
05-19-2007, 01:18 AM
hOW GOOD IS THIS FINLEY GIRL? And where will the Mandan girls travel this summer and play?

Mandan will be in San Diego (for sure), Durham, NC (maybe) among other places. How good is Finley? here is a blurb from the B-marck Tribune:
"Finley connected on 20 straight 3-point attempts in a shoot around at the Mandan gym earlier Saturday, head coach Greg Amundson said."
"Finley tied a school record with former star Kayla Rogers for most 3s in a game. The total number of 3s was also a team school record."
Look at the box score..she had many threes as she did assists!

BISMARCK (59): Kelsey Reimnitz 2-6 0-0 4, Britlyn Sturlaugson 3-6 0-0 7, Carly Lenihan 0-0 0-0 0, Carlie Buechler 0-0 0-0 0, Liz Assel 0-0 0-0 0, Liz Wamsley 0-3 2-3 2, Kaitlyn Sturlaugson 1-3 0-0 3, Karli Gilbertson 2-6 2-2 7, Kelsey Sigl 3-5 3-3 9, Mandi Meier 0-0 0-0 0, Sarah Feeney 1-7 1-1 3, Shannon Schmidt 3-4 0-1 6, Alex Feeney 5-10 8-9 18. Totals: 20-50 16-19 59.

MANDAN (76): Mic Kraft 5-9 0-0 15, Jessica Gannon 0-0 0-2 0, Melissa Strandemo 0-1 0-0 0, ShanLee Taken Alive 0-0 0-0 0, Ali Collins 5-10 0-0 13, Samantha Meyer 0-0 0-0 0, Marlee Finley 7-10 0-0 21, Brittany Zander 0-0 0-0 0, Paige Jensen 3-11 0-0 6, Breanna Levi 0-0 0-0 0, Alicia Hermanson 0-0 0-0 0, Cassandra Kelsch 1-2 1-4 3, Skylei Luger 0-1 0-0 0, Jessica Kielpinski 5-13 8-9 18, Emily Helmers 0-1 0-0 0. Totals: 26-56 9-15 76.

Halftime: Mandan 41, Bismarck 35

3-pointers: B 3 (B. Sturlaugson, K. Sturlaugson, Gilbertson), M 15 (Finley 7, Kraft 5, Collins 3). Rebounds: B 42 (Gilbertson 10), N 24 (Kielpinski 5). Fouls: B 16, M 18. Fouled out: none. Assists: B 11 (A. Feeney 4), M 20 (Finley 7, Kielpinski 6). Steals: B 11 (S. Feeney 3), M 18 (Kraft 5, Collins 4, Kielpinski 4). Blocks: B 2 (A. Feeney 2), M 4 (Kielpinski 2, Hermanson, Helmers). Turnovers: B 30, M 15.

sambini
05-19-2007, 02:41 AM
My Oh My ...