PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the new board

admin
04-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Main Problem: I think everybody has to reset their password. This can lead to the obvious problem of people trying to log in without resetting their password first which probably happened to everybody. It can also lead to less obvious problems like be registered at the old board with an obsolete email address or having an email address that the board can't email to for some reason.

This morning, I know of at six users who are having problems logging in to the new board. Undoubtedly there are more, but I'm still going through with the switch ahead of schedule since none of the problems have been insurmountable.

mn_bison - that one should be resolved. His email from bisonville.com was getting rejected. Not quite sure why.

sambini & lakesbison: I think all you have to do is reset your password.

56Bison73: I think you are getting the email with your new password, it's just going to what looks like a temporary account and you probably don't even remember what it is. We should be able to fix that.

NoDakSt: I'm not sure what is going on so you might want to send me an email (anthony_crawford@msn.com).

Thunder_struck: The email address that your new password got sent to appears to be defunct. You'll probably have to send me an email too.

If anybody else is having problems, just drop me an email at the address above and I'll get on it.

admin
04-24-2007, 09:26 AM
/bump

Haven't figured out stickies yet.

99Bison
04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
is something other than date it appears...

Green-N-Gold
04-24-2007, 02:45 PM
test message

admin
04-24-2007, 03:04 PM
is something other than date it appears...

Is it still that way?

admin
04-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Two more users having problems (they should receive emails soon).

bisonfan9 and coachsparky - emails are being sent back.

Update: I've sent out emails outlining a plan to get them working.

Again, if any of the rest of you are having problems, feel free to drop me an email at anthony_crawford@msn.com

99Bison
04-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Is it still that way?

I think it is ok now...

I clicked to sort by date after reporting it last time. However logging out and viewing it showed date/time ordered now.

lakesbison
04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
thanks tony.

freakin computers

what did everyone do without lakes the past month??

im finally back

sambini
04-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks Tony+++++++++++++

admin
04-24-2007, 10:55 PM
As of right now I think I've responded to all the emails and "contact us" requests.

If you are expecting a response and haven't gotten one yet, you'll probably have to drop me another email.

The last batch of emails I sent out went to jrh, bison06, braxtont, trim. I'm not sure if 56bison73 is resolved yet or not.

sambini
04-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Getting use to the new board. Its a lot of fun. Thanks again Tony+++

Bison06
04-24-2007, 11:20 PM
So you have to click on the icon in the post before you to post a quick reply?

The format of the board seems very similar to AGS, but I don't remember having to do that at that site.

56BISON73
04-24-2007, 11:29 PM
thanks tony.

freakin computers

what did everyone do without lakes the past month??

im finally back

We are taking up a collection so you can go back. PL

admin
04-25-2007, 05:53 AM
So you have to click on the icon in the post before you to post a quick reply?

The format of the board seems very similar to AGS, but I don't remember having to do that at that site.

Yeah, this is the same software as AGS, just a newer version so there are some minor differences. The "click on the icon to post a quick reply" deal is one of them, but I think there might be a board settting for that.

99Bison
04-25-2007, 06:54 AM
I think it is ok now...

I clicked to sort by date after reporting it last time. However logging out and viewing it showed date/time ordered now.

Division I Topic is not sorted by default either...

imabison
04-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Are we not allowed to stay logged in forever on with this version? Have to log in everytime I come back.

admin
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Hmm. I haven't done any testing on that, but you'd think that if you clicked the "Remember Me" deal that you wouldn't have to relog in.

56BISON73
04-25-2007, 03:15 PM
How do I add public group membership information for my public profile??? PL

imabison
04-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I just noticed from at work it remembers me, but from at home it did not seem to do it. I will try it later this evening from home and let you know.

Thanks for the support

Hammersmith
04-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Do you have any software at home that might block or delete unknown cookies? Since the web address and board software have changed, you might need to add the new cookie to your accepted list.

Trim
04-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Tony,

Thanks for squaring me up. I just don't know if I could have carried the burden of having to be Trim2. ;-)

Thanks again for all your hard work.

imabison
04-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Are we not allowed to stay logged in forever on with this version? Have to log in everytime I come back.
I had a setting wrong with my new firewall at home. It now leaves me logged in.

BisonBabe
04-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Hey Tony can you help the hubby (Swaghook) get set up on the new board. His usernames in the email is coming up as Import_Swaghook

Thanks much.

*****Nevermind I got it fixed for him.

admin
04-27-2007, 09:45 AM
There are still a couple people having troubles logging in - they are almost all because the email account associated with the user is no longer valid.

Example:

gothmog - registered with a hotmail account that is no longer available so getting that fixed will take an email from him or her.

Also: if I have time this weekend, I'll be setting up the mods again.

CarringtonBison
04-28-2007, 04:38 PM
i am having problems with the thread and listing if they are read or not. Sometime I have read a thread and it shows that it is not read and vice versa. Makes it hard to quickly navigate and get info and not miss stuff. More of a nuisance than anything.

Hammersmith
04-28-2007, 08:58 PM
i am having problems with the thread and listing if they are read or not. Sometime I have read a thread and it shows that it is not read and vice versa. Makes it hard to quickly navigate and get info and not miss stuff. More of a nuisance than anything.
I think it's a flaw in the vBulletin software. I have the same problem over on AGS. I suggest using the refresh/reload button occasionally while reading a forum which has a lot of new posts, and always refreshing just before and after returning to the main page.

4mcruenomore
05-02-2007, 03:48 AM
pm's not working for me, says please wait ......seconds before sending another pm. Even though it's the 1st pm.

Bisonguy
05-04-2007, 03:08 AM
pm's not working for me, says please wait ......seconds before sending another pm. Even though it's the 1st pm.

Should be OK now. At first there was an issue with the mailbox for PM's being too small, with a limit of 25 or so. If you're still having issues, try PMing someone else . That person may not have cleaned out their mailbox and might be over the limit of 300.

SDbison
05-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Should be OK now. At first there was an issue with the mailbox for PM's being too small, with a limit of 25 or so. If you're still having issues, try PMing someone else . That person may not have cleaned out their mailbox and might be over the limit of 300.

I am still having problems with PM. Tried it several days ago and then again today. I get the "need to wait 60 seconds between messages" and "try again 348214689 seconds later" Is this a joke?
Here is the message I am trying to send tcbison. Maybe you want to try sending it for me:
Christian,
Congratulations and welcome to Section 21. Cindy and I are in row F. Not sure, but I think we are in seats 11 and 12. What are your seat numbers? Look forward to having you in the loudest cheering area in the Fargodome besides the student section. Also, our tailgating group is one of the biggest and best. Great to hear you will be going to all the home games. Are you considering going to the SDSU game? I believe only about 125 days until the first home game. Can't wait, seems such a long ways off right now. Take care and "go bison"!
Dave

SDbison
05-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Other comments about PM's sent and received........ Is there a way to delete selected messages as a group? Seems the only way to delete is to open each message up and select "delete message" one at a time. Also, I believe you should be able to delete the entire sent or received folder (tried it once and it didn't work). There is a check box next to each message when, for example, looking at the received messages folder, but I can't find "delete selected messages" anywhere on the page.

Bisonguy
05-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Other comments about PM's sent and received........ Is there a way to delete selected messages as a group? Seems the only way to delete is to open each message up and select "delete message" one at a time. Also, I believe you should be able to delete the entire sent or received folder (tried it once and it didn't work). There is a check box next to each message when, for example, looking at the received messages folder, but I can't find "delete selected messages" anywhere on the page.

You can check all the messages with one of the checkboxes near the top-

Look at the green bar below the messages. After the messages are selected, just select the 'Delete' option after the 'Selected Mesaages:', and hit the 'Go' button. That will delete all the checked messages.

Bisonguy
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I am still having problems with PM. Tried it several days ago and then again today. I get the "need to wait 60 seconds between messages" and "try again 348214689 seconds later" Is this a joke?
Here is the message I am trying to send tcbison. Maybe you want to try sending it for me:
Christian,
Congratulations and welcome to Section 21. Cindy and I are in row F. Not sure, but I think we are in seats 11 and 12. What are your seat numbers? Look forward to having you in the loudest cheering area in the Fargodome besides the student section. Also, our tailgating group is one of the biggest and best. Great to hear you will be going to all the home games. Are you considering going to the SDSU game? I believe only about 125 days until the first home game. Can't wait, seems such a long ways off right now. Take care and "go bison"!
Dave

I PM'd him the message for you. It worked for me, so I guess I'm your private messenger.

SDbison
05-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I PM'd him the message for you. It worked for me, so I guess I'm your private messenger.

Well I just tried to send the PM again (I even cleared most everything out of my in and out boxes) and still got this message.........
"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 3116485019 seconds."
Guess I will have to try again in 98.823 years. Funny....very funny!

SDbison
05-06-2007, 08:23 PM
You can check all the messages with one of the checkboxes near the top-

Look at the green bar below the messages. After the messages are selected, just select the 'Delete' option after the 'Selected Mesaages:', and hit the 'Go' button. That will delete all the checked messages.

Yeah, I finally figured it out just before you sent me this message. Actually ended up deleting more out of my PM in box than I wanted.....oh well..........

Bisonguy
05-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Well I just tried to send the PM again (I even cleared most everything out of my in and out boxes) and still got this message.........
"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 3116485019 seconds."
Guess I will have to try again in 98.823 years. Funny....very funny!

Just sent you a PM. See if you can reply.

SDbison
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Just sent you a PM. See if you can reply.

Just tried to reply to your PM Bisonguy.........again, I got this back.......
"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 3116482028 seconds."

SDbison
05-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Just tried to reply to your PM Bisonguy.........again, I got this back.......
"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 3116482028 seconds."

Yippee, I can wait about 3000 less seconds to try again (compare the total seconds in the last two try again messages).

imabison
05-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Yippee, I can wait about 3000 less seconds to try again (compare the total seconds in the last two try again messages).
When you post a quick reply if it comes back to the quick reply screen just refresh the thread, your post it there. It for some reason does not always list it as the last post, but knows your trying again.

NDSUFREAK
05-06-2007, 09:42 PM
A problem I have is that I don't get the smilies and codes in the reply screen.

Blue
05-17-2007, 03:55 AM
I love the ignore user feature. Works great with the spammers around here lately. Keep up the good work:cheers: :nod:

Bisonguy
05-17-2007, 04:07 AM
A problem I have is that I don't get the smilies and codes in the reply screen.

Here's what to do:

D'oh. I should have figured this out.

Go to your user control panel (click User CP in the green bar above).
Click "Edit Options"
Go to the bottom to the Miscellaneous Options and you should be able to change you Message Editor Interface from Basic to Enhanced.

I think that'll do it.

56BISON73
09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Why do the posts from onbisono9 run off my screen and nobody elses do? PL

Hammersmith
09-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Why do the posts from onbisono9 run off my screen and nobody elses do? PL

It's because the location he entered is so long.

"Plano, Texas, originally from Rugby, ND the Geographical Center of North America"

On lower resolutions(800x600), it forces your browser to expand beyond the limits of your screen. You could increase your resolution to 1024x768 or above(if possible), or ask him nicely to cut down the length of his entry.

56BISON73
09-03-2007, 07:10 PM
It's because the location he entered is so long.

"Plano, Texas, originally from Rugby, ND the Geographical Center of North America"

On lower resolutions(800x600), it forces your browser to expand beyond the limits of your screen. You could increase your resolution to 1024x768 or above(if possible), or ask him nicely to cut down the length of his entry.

How do you know all this stuff????? Thanks. PL

Hammersmith
09-04-2007, 04:21 AM
How do you know all this stuff????? Thanks. PL

It's because I'm a geek about five times over. It doesn't account for much on any athletic field, but at least it helps with the ladies.

Oh wait...

<sob>

:( :p ;)

TransAmBison
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
It's because I'm a geek about five times over. It doesn't account for much on any athletic field, but at least it helps with the ladies.

Oh wait...

<sob>

:( :p ;)
:rofl: Thanks...that made me laugh.