PDA

View Full Version : Minot State to stay put.....for now

MinotBison
05-16-2006, 03:49 PM
An article in today's edition of the Minot Daily News says that Minot State University will stay in NAIA for at least the next few years.

"The Minot State University Division II Task Force submitted its recommendation to MSU President David Fuller on Monday. In that report, the task force stated that it believes MSU should continue studying a possible move to NCAA Division II, but indicated that it was not favorable for the institution to enter into an official exploratory period....The task force indicated that it was imperative that the school have a conference to join and have all fiscal planning completed before making a move..."

The issue of finances of course did come up, and apparently 74% of the boosters said they would be willing to increase their committment to MSU athletics for a move to NCAA.

The nearest DII conference is the NSIC, which the U of Mary will join soon.

Bison_Dan
05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
An article in today's edition of the Minot Daily News says that Minot State University will stay in NAIA for at least the next few years.

"The Minot State University Division II Task Force submitted its recommendation to MSU President David Fuller on Monday. *In that report, the task force stated that it believes MSU should continue studying a possible move to NCAA Division II, but indicated that it was not favorable for the institution to enter into an official exploratory period....The task force indicated that it was imperative that the school have a conference to join and have all fiscal planning completed before making a move..."

The issue of finances of course did come up, and apparently 74% of the boosters said they would be willing to increase their committment to MSU athletics for a move to NCAA.

This will take some more pressure off und on moving up.

TransAmBison
05-16-2006, 09:26 PM

"The Minot State University Division II Task Force submitted its recommendation to MSU President David Fuller on Monday. *In that report, the task force stated that it believes MSU should continue studying a possible move to NCAA Division II, but indicated that it was not favorable for the institution to enter into an official exploratory period....The task force indicated that it was imperative that the school have a conference to join and have all fiscal planning completed before making a move..."

Nice.

Flanders
05-16-2006, 09:34 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like smack.

NanoBison
05-16-2006, 11:28 PM

Sounds like smack.

I think it should actually read : "This will take some pressure off Kupchella for deciding to stay in DII".

Paulie
05-17-2006, 02:43 PM
This will also probably take pressure off the enitre DAC 8 looking to move up in mass...

broke_back_mnt
05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
The nearest DII conference is the NSIC? What about the NCC with UND, SCSU, UNO, USD, Agui? I guess the msg is the NCC isnt interested in Minot?

MinotBison
05-17-2006, 04:35 PM
The nearest DII conference is the NSIC? *What about the NCC with UND, SCSU, UNO, USD, Agui? *I guess the msg is the NCC isnt interested in Minot?

You are absolutely right, I stand corrected. The NCC is the nearest DII conference. However, I don't think the NCC has ever had an interest in Minot, and vice versa.

But.....I could be (again) wrong. ;D ;D