PDA

View Full Version : Large Donation to be Made to UND

Flanders
05-24-2006, 06:49 PM
It will be the 2nd largest donation ever made to UND. That means it will probably fall between $10 Million and $104 Million. No specifics have been given, but it will be announced tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.

Wyoherdman
05-24-2006, 10:27 PM
How do you know this information?

imabison
05-24-2006, 10:38 PM
It will be the 2nd largest donation ever made to UND. That means it will probably fall between $10 Million and $104 Million. No specifics have been given, but it will be announced tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.

They probably convinced Phil Jackson to bankroll the upgrade at the Hyslop Center, that is purely a guess.

Flanders
05-25-2006, 12:34 AM
How do you know this information?

A press conference has been called for tomorrow morning. A lot of speculation as to who it might be. Phil Jackson it is not. Best guess is a business school graduate from the 60's, and the gift could be as much as $30 Million...

kchats
05-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Will it help pay for the buy out of Kupchella's contract? ;) That would be the best use of any donation at UND.

NebraskaBISON
05-25-2006, 03:05 AM
No offense, but who cares. You might as well have told me some Wahpeton School of Science news.

WYOBISONMAN
05-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Why don't you guys give it the hell up.......just because some UND dude made a post on here about a donation doesn't mean you have to froth at the mouth about it...... ::)

Put your SMACK in the SMACK section!

NebraskaBISON
05-25-2006, 04:19 AM
lighten up

BisonMav
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Sounds like great news for UND. :)

Flanders
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
The tone of this thread is really amazing. Are there no moderators? Or is the idea of that a joke? If this isn't smack, then there is no such thing as smack. What a joke. And Nano, The Fighting Sioux can wear The Fighting Sioux jerseys for conference games. Not sure where you got that idea...but I digress...I started this thread with good intentions, but it seems the usual suspects have dragged it into the gutter, and has been proven numerous times on this forum, moderators give those same usual suspects a "free pass".

RedRiver
05-25-2006, 01:06 PM
I just don't know why you need to start topics liks this one and the und Big Ten exhibition game one on a DI site. Doesn't und have a DII site for you to go to. Do you feel inferior to NDSU and have a need to post items about the DII university on the Bisonville??

Flanders
05-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I just don't know why you need to start topics liks this one and the und Big Ten exhibition game one on a DI site. Doesn't und have a DII site for you to go to. Do you feel inferior to NDSU and have a need to post items about the DII university on the Bisonville??

I didn't start the UND Big Ten thread. I don't feel inferior to NDSU. Just wanted to wanted to add some info about other schools in a topic titled "News from other schools". Thought it might be interesting considering it's about money and UND's flirtation with D-1.

imported_admin
05-25-2006, 01:36 PM
A bunch of nanobison and lakesbison posts removed.

If you can't help yourself from posting smack about UND in one of the non-smack boards, I'll remove your posting privileges for that board. Nano and Lakes - you can consider this your warning. Hehe, on the other hand, I'm taking a couple days off so maybe I'll come back so mellow that this kind of thing won't bother me.

IowaBisonToo
05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
That's all fine and good. Good for UND. Two questions, though. 1) Is this "money" going to be strictly for athletics or academics or both? 2) I guess I don't fault some of the people on here (i.e. Nano) for getting down on Flounder. I would ask you though, think about what it would be like if an NDSU poster went onto the SS.com and put down a thread with the title, "Large Donation to be Made to NDSU." Posters would be all over that like stink on sh**! So, don't tell me you didn't do it to maybe rub our noses in it just a bit. Because if you do, you're lying. :-[

WYOBISONMAN
05-25-2006, 02:28 PM
That's all fine and good. Good for UND. Two questions, though. 1) Is this "money" going to be strictly for athletics or academics or both? 2) I guess I don't fault some of the people on here (i.e. Nano) for getting down on Flounder. I would ask you though, think about what it would be like if an NDSU poster went onto the SS.com and put down a thread with the title, "Large Donation to be Made to NDSU." Posters would be all over that like stink on sh**! So, don't tell me you didn't do it to maybe rub our noses in it just a bit. Because if you do, you're lying. :-[

The point is that a large donation could very well have some bearing on Kuppy's paranoia about moving to DI, thus it could have an impact on NDSU and the GWFC, etc. The original post was not hostile, baiting , etc. It was a mere statement of an item that could impact another school joining DI that is a potential conference member. Smack is for the Smack Board, and who cares about suesports.com......

Sticks
05-25-2006, 02:35 PM
No offense, but who cares. *You might as well have told me some Wahpeton School of Science news.
I just don't know why you need to start topics liks this one and the und Big Ten exhibition game one on a DI site. *Doesn't und have a DII site for you to go to. *Do you feel inferior to NDSU and have a need to post items about the DII university on the Bisonville??
That's all fine and good. *Good for UND. *Two questions, though. *1) Is this "money" going to be strictly for athletics or academics or both? *2) I guess I don't fault some of the people on here (i.e. Nano) for getting down on Flounder. *I would ask you though, think about what it would be like if an NDSU poster went onto the SS.com and put down a thread with the title, "Large Donation to be Made to NDSU." *Posters would be all over that like stink on sh**! *So, don't tell me you didn't do it to maybe rub our noses in it just a bit. *Because if you do, you're lying. :-[
You guys need to take a look at what the title of this forum is. *"News About Other Schools!!!!" *What the hell do you think Flanders was posting about? *If you don't want to read what's going on at other schools (and you had to know there was a large chance that something might be written about UND in there) DON'T OPEN IT---DON'T READ IT---DON'T WHINE ABOUT IT!!!. *

If someone were to post something similiar to this on SS.com in the corresponding section titled *"News About Other Schools"....I don't think that any members of that board would be crying and throwing stones like some of the members on this board are.

RedRiver
05-25-2006, 02:39 PM
That's all fine and good. *Good for UND. *Two questions, though. *1) Is this "money" going to be strictly for athletics or academics or both? *2) I guess I don't fault some of the people on here (i.e. Nano) for getting down on Flounder. *I would ask you though, think about what it would be like if an NDSU poster went onto the SS.com and put down a thread with the title, "Large Donation to be Made to NDSU." *Posters would be all over that like stink on sh**! *So, don't tell me you didn't do it to maybe rub our noses in it just a bit. *Because if you do, you're lying. :-[

I agree with your comments and that is why I previoulsy asked why there is a need for und posters to start new topics such as this. Also, the announcement hasn't even been made as of yet. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to wait until the announcement to determine the impace on DI or athletics or conferences or NDSU?

Flanders
05-25-2006, 02:58 PM

That's not the reason I put it here and I'm not lying. You do not know me. And I consider that smack. And if that did happen at Sioux Sports.com, it would be dealt with immediately.

Flanders
05-25-2006, 03:01 PM

I agree with your comments and that is why I previoulsy asked why there is a need for und posters to start new topics such as this. Also, the announcement hasn't even been made as of yet. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to wait until the announcement to determine the impace on DI or athletics or conferences or NDSU?

It's the end of May. Nothing is going on. Wouldn't you agree that speculation is part of the intrigue?

IowaBisonToo
05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
If someone were to post something similiar to this on SS.com in the corresponding section titled "News About Other Schools"....I don't think that any members of that board would be crying and throwing stones like some of the members on this board are.

My point exactly. :o

Bison_Dan
05-25-2006, 03:32 PM

I agree with your comments and that is why I previoulsy asked why there is a need for und posters to start new topics such as this. *Also, the announcement hasn't even been made as of yet. *Wouldn't it be more appropriate to wait until the announcement to determine the impace on DI or athletics or conferences or NDSU?

What's being said over on siouxsports is it's going to the business school. Good for und, I hope all alumni of all ND colleges give back. NDSU will have their share of large donations too. Just a side note, my wife's sister is a und alum and they never answer the phone at their place. So my wife asked her why and she said that the und alumni assocation calls them all the time so they screen their calls. Go figure. :-?

IowaBisonToo
05-25-2006, 03:40 PM

That's not the reason I put it here and I'm not lying. *You do not know me. *And I consider that smack. *And if that did happen at Sioux Sports.com, it would be dealt with immediately.

This isn't smack. You don't know me, either. I'm mearly asking some questions and making a point - knowing how some of the people on SS.com act. I also made the "lying" statement based on your previous posts and some the sentiment you have towards the Bison and their fans. If you did this out of the shear goodness of your heart to inform us of the "possible" donation, love all sports, and show perfect sportsmanship in all your athletic endeavors, then I truly apologize. :-* :'(

broke_back_mnt
05-25-2006, 03:52 PM
suesports is a stinkhole. Stop putting on airs! :-X

USA_Hockey
05-25-2006, 03:59 PM
"News about other schools" means news about other schools, if you don't care about news about other schools than don't read it and post on it.

WYOBISONMAN
05-25-2006, 04:06 PM
If someone were to post something similiar to this on SS.com in the corresponding section titled "News About Other Schools"....I don't think that any members of that board would be crying and throwing stones like some of the members on this board are.

Don't kid yourself that the posters on Suesports are so polite......thats a crock. There are plenty smackers over there too... ::) And at times the moderating is less than even handed.

Sticks
05-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Don't kid yourself that the posters on Suesports are so polite......thats a crock. *There are plenty smackers over there too... ::) *And at times the moderating is less than even handed.

Mr. Pot, say hello to Mr. Kettle.....

Never said they were polite....just probably wouldn't be making comments about how stupid the post is, especially if it's strictly non-smack filled information in the corresponding forum.

Bison_Dan
05-25-2006, 04:23 PM
If someone were to post something similiar to this on SS.com in the corresponding section titled *"News About Other Schools"....I don't think that any members of that board would be crying and throwing stones like some of the members on this board are.

Don't kid yourself that the posters on Suesports are so polite......thats a crock. *There are plenty smackers over there too... ::) *And at times the moderating is less than even handed.

You got that right. What I notice is the arrogance.

RedRiver
05-25-2006, 04:27 PM
"News about other schools" means news about other schools, if you don't care about news about other schools than don't read it and post on it.

I point exactly, there isn't any news. There hasn't even been an announcement. Can't und posters wait to see the relevancy of the news before starting a topic on Bisonville?

IowaBisonToo
05-25-2006, 04:30 PM

I point exactly, there isn't any news. *There hasn't even been an announcement. *Can't und posters wait to see the relevancy of the news before starting a topic on Bisonville? *
No! Because somebody had to specifically point out on a rivals website (and like it or not, the two schools are still rivals -- maybe not on the field but off) that they were getting yet another large donation. The only reason you do that on a rivals site is to rub their noses in it. It's akin to a dog crapping on your carpet and the dog rubbing the owners nose in it to say, see what I did??? :P

lakesbison
05-25-2006, 04:36 PM
man...... tony!!.. that was my best post ever.. many compliments.. when I said they could BUY A VOWEL with all their money..

Sio_x S_ck... haha

plus.. put $30 million in a pile of crap.. and mix it up.. u still have a smelly 30 million. haha

COME ON.. leave it!!

84grad
05-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Press release link regarding the donation. No mention of athletics.

http://www.undalumni.org/PressReleases.htm

Flanders
05-25-2006, 05:14 PM
$10 Million total. $1 Million earmarked as per the donor's request. $9 Million to be used as UND sees fit.

IowaBisonToo
05-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah for und!! Yeeeaahh!!! Wooo hooo!!! ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :)

Flanders
05-25-2006, 05:23 PM

That's not the reason I put it here and I'm not lying. You do not know me. And I consider that smack. And if that did happen at Sioux Sports.com, it would be dealt with immediately.

This isn't smack. You don't know me, either. I'm mearly asking some questions and making a point - knowing how some of the people on SS.com act. I also made the "lying" statement based on your previous posts and some the sentiment you have towards the Bison and their fans. If you did this out of the shear goodness of your heart to inform us of the "possible" donation, love all sports, and show perfect sportsmanship in all your athletic endeavors, then I truly apologize. :-* :'(

Your apology is accepted. But I've never made any statements that would promote ill-will towards Bison fans. I've only made 40 posts, so it's pretty easy to check.

RedRiver
05-25-2006, 05:38 PM

I point exactly, there isn't any news. *There hasn't even been an announcement. *Can't und posters wait to see the relevancy of the news before starting a topic on Bisonville? *
No! *Because somebody had to specifically point out on a rivals website (and like it or not, the two schools are still rivals -- maybe not on the field but off) that they were getting yet another large donation. *The only reason you do that on a rivals site is to rub their noses in it. *It's akin to a dog crapping on your carpet and the dog rubbing the owners nose in it to say, see what I did??? :P

I still haven't heard the details about the donation. The speculation is killing me. I'm only assuming that it must be related to Division I or Athletics or BigSky/MidCon or Facilities. Otherwise why would this topic even be put on Bisonville by a und poster??

Flanders
05-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Like I said earlier, UND can use $9 MILLION however they see fit. :o Maybe it's not for athletics, but maybe it is. That's part of the fun of message boards: speculation! ;)

NanoBison
05-25-2006, 06:30 PM
A bunch of nanobison and lakesbison posts removed.

If you can't help yourself from posting smack about UND in one of the non-smack boards, I'll remove your posting privileges for that board. Nano and Lakes - you can consider this your warning. Hehe, on the other hand, I'm taking a couple days off so maybe I'll come back so mellow that this kind of thing won't bother me.

Warned? Are you fricking kidding me? Then move it to the Smack board if it's UND, cause you know it's bound to happen. My post wasn't even that bad. I swear to god, I should start a different Bison Board where we don't have to put up with this crap.

It should be mandatory, that any UND post should automatically get moved to Smack Talk.

I love it, say one bad thing about UND on SiouxSports.com, they ban your ass. Say one bad thing about UND on BISONville.com, they threaten to ban your ass. I can see why BisonBacker (or whoever it was with a similar name) left. We glorify UND and let the barrage against NDSU occur. Insane.

Bison_Dan
05-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Like I said earlier, UND can use $9 MILLION however they see fit. * :o *Maybe it's not for athletics, but maybe it is. *That's part of the fun of message boards: *speculation! * ;)

The money is going to the und's alumni foundation. *They in turn can do anything they want with it for the university. *Hell they could fund the move right now without this gift if they wanted to. *So could NDSU's foundation, fund athletics. *I think the NDSU foundation funded the new fb offices in the dome. *I doubt that this gift will increase the chance of und moving to DI.

Sticks
05-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Warned? Are you fricking kidding me? Then move it to the Smack board if it's UND, cause you know it's bound to happen. My post wasn't even that bad. I swear to god, I should start a different Bison Board where we don't have to put up with this crap.

It should be mandatory, that any UND post should automatically get moved to Smack Talk.

I love it, say one bad thing about UND on SiouxSports.com, they ban your ass. Say one bad thing about UND on BISONville.com, they threaten to ban your ass. I can see why BisonBacker (or whoever it was with a similar name) left. We glorify UND and let the barrage against NDSU occur. Insane.

Whaddya doin with this?! *That's like spittin in the umps face after you've been told to sit down....automatic ejection!! * :D

Nah-nah, nah-nah-nah-naaah, hey-hey-hey, goooooodbyyyyyye! *Nah-nah-nah-nah, nah-nah-nah-nahaaah, hey-hey-hey, gooooooodbyyyyyye!!! ;D

Sticks
05-25-2006, 07:35 PM

Translation: *"I'm taking my ball, and I'm going home!" * *:'( * Real "secondary educational" *eh "teach"?

You two unnecessarily attacked Flanders for posting something he thought was worth sharing. *There is the issue of the University moving up, therefore putting us in the same pool again-making a discussion like this actually relevant; so why flip out on him for posting a non-hostile, informative post under the corresponding topic (forum)?

Flanders
05-25-2006, 08:22 PM
I started this thread because I thought it would be interesting. I didn't start it to brag. I didn't start it to rub anyone's nose in it. I didn't start it because I think UND is better than NDSU. I started it because it was pertaining to a gift of $$, and with some possible speculation that $$ could be related to athletics in nature. What has followed was civil for about five minutes. Nano, why is it that something UND related should be automatically moved to the "smack" section? It doesn't "become" smack until some makes it smack. Don't you agree? Go back and read ALL the posts, and then tell me where it takes a turn towards smack. I commend the Bison fans that have taken this thread for what it is and for the thoughtful discussion that did take place.

RedRiver
05-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I started this thread because I thought it would be interesting. *I didn't start it to brag. *I didn't start it to rub anyone's nose in it. *I didn't start it because I think UND is better than NDSU. *I started it because it was pertaining to a gift of $$, and with some possible speculation that $$ could be related to athletics in nature. *What has followed was civil for about five minutes. *Nano, why is it that something UND related should be automatically moved to the "smack" section? *It doesn't "become" smack until some makes it smack. *Don't you agree? *Go back and read ALL the posts, and then tell me where it takes a turn towards smack. *I commend the Bison fans that have taken this thread for what it is and for the thoughtful discussion that did take place.

Interesting to who? There must be a better board for your topic. Where else did you post it? If there is no direct correlation to a DI move by UND, which there is not, I cannot provide any thoughtful discussion because it is irrelevant.

Flanders
05-25-2006, 09:14 PM
You're such a tool. I saw a thread about Chris Coste on this message board. I found it interesting. But by your criteria, it's irrelevant. Stop reading it if it bothers you so much. You're like the old woman who sits at home and watches MTV Spring Break and then bitches about it being on TV. Turn the channel.

IowaBisonToo
05-25-2006, 09:44 PM
You're such a tool. *I saw a thread about Chris Coste on this message board. *I found it interesting. *But by your criteria, it's irrelevant. *Stop reading it if it bothers you so much. *You're like the old woman who sits at home and watches MTV Spring Break and then bitches about it being on TV. *Turn the channel.
Do you think she watches for the drunk girls in bikinis??? :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Flanders
05-25-2006, 09:48 PM
:oWho doesn't? :o

lakesbison
05-25-2006, 10:18 PM
THIS THREAD IS TROLL MATERIAL!!

GET RID OF IT>. and ALL UND RELATED MATERIALS!! ONCE AND FOR ALL TONY!!

I CANT TAKE IT>>. makes me SICK to my stomach!!! argh!!

DIBISON
05-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I started this thread because I thought it would be interesting. *I didn't start it to brag. *I didn't start it to rub anyone's nose in it. *I didn't start it because I think UND is better than NDSU. *I started it because it was pertaining to a gift of $$, and with some possible speculation that $$ could be related to athletics in nature. *

Well it certainly isn't interesting to a Bison diehard and without your speculation this is a very quiet discussion!!

Interesting to who? Why would I be interested in a discussion about a general donation to und? I'd say that you are on the wrong message board.

Speculation about the $$ was a big waste of time wasn't it? I'm so glad the announcement was made because I couldn't stand the wait.

bincitysioux
05-26-2006, 02:20 AM
I just don't know why you need to start topics liks this one and the und Big Ten exhibition game one on a DI site. *Doesn't und have a DII site for you to go to. *Do you feel inferior to NDSU and have a need to post items about the DII university on the Bisonville??

Note the title of the forum: "News About Other Schools". I'd say that this qualifies as news about another school. Did you expect to see alot of discussion about Cinque Chapman in the "News about Other Schools" forum? Take it easy, man.

Flanders
05-26-2006, 04:29 AM
I'm at a loss for words...what qualifies for "News about other schools"....You A-holes please explain. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz...i drank about 25 beers tonight....sssssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Flanders
05-26-2006, 04:34 AM
I started this thread because I thought it would be interesting. I didn't start it to brag. I didn't start it to rub anyone's nose in it. I didn't start it because I think UND is better than NDSU. I started it because it was pertaining to a gift of $$, and with some possible speculation that $$ could be related to athletics in nature.

Well it certainly isn't interesting to a Bison diehard and without your speculation this is a very quiet discussion!!

Interesting to who? Why would I be interested in a discussion about a general donation to und? I'd say that you are on the wrong message board.

Speculation about the $$ was a big waste of time wasn't it? I'm so glad the announcement was made because I couldn't stand the wait.

Are you ok, dinkus? smslsml F'but munch