PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on at SDSU our partner in the DI Move?

BisonBacker
05-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Just want to start a thread that actually belongs on this site and is of interest to Bison fans given that SDSU is our partner in the DI journey. Lets talk it up and bury the rest of the other irrelevant threads ;)

tank3467
05-26-2006, 04:47 AM
like the thread but i dont have any news from SDSU. What i know (most of it) comes from our board since i dont live anywhere near brookings anymore. The one thing that i dislike is the lopsided conference schedule for us. We get to go to NDSU two years in a row (we all know sdsu's record there), and only have one conference home game. I guess i dont understand how this makes any sense. i know things would have been better had UNC not left the GWFC, but everyone knew it was coming. what do u think bisonbacker?

RedRiver
05-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Just want to start a thread that actually belongs on this site and is of interest to Bison fans given that SDSU is our partner in the DI journey. *Lets talk it up and bury the rest of the other irrelevant threads ;)

I couldn't agree more. Good job!!

BisonBacker
05-26-2006, 01:42 PM
like the thread but i dont have any news from SDSU. *What i know (most of it) comes from our board since i dont live anywhere near brookings anymore. *The one thing that i dislike is the lopsided conference schedule for us. *We get to go to NDSU two years in a row (we all know sdsu's record there), and only have one conference home game. *I guess i dont understand how this makes any sense. *i know things would have been better had UNC not left the GWFC, but everyone knew it was coming. *what do u think bisonbacker?

Not sure why or how the scheduling worked out that you guys have to come up here two years in a row, wouldn't be too happy about it either if I we were traveling down there two years in a row. The GWFC's future is what has me concerned. Its already been pointed out on this board that the scheduling is difficult getting OOC games. I think both NDSU and SDSU have done a tremendous job with scheduling given the challenges of being independants. I think as long as we are not in an established conference the scheduling challenges will continue :-/
On a different note listening to Douple earlier this week I think that the conference issue is soon going to be worked out :) That should help the scheduling a great deal. Interesting and exciting times for Bison and Jacks fans.

RedRiver
05-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I wonder if the SDSU admin feels a little better after the Big Sky meeting even though they didn't get an invite??

broke_back_mnt
05-26-2006, 09:38 PM
I dont think so. My guess is that SDSU and NDSU have talked all these situations over and have a plan for each contingency.