PDA

View Full Version : TCF Bank stadium

roadwarrior
05-21-2006, 02:45 AM
The minnesota legislature today approved the new University of Minnesota football stadium. *Only the governor's signature is remaining, and he has stated that he will sign it.

Fall of 2009 opening.

http://www.gophersports.com/sportsNews/press_release.asp?news_id=12560&sport_id=mfball

kchats
05-21-2006, 03:14 AM
Did the Twins stadium go through too? All that would leave is the Vikings. Kansas City approved renovations for both their stadiums earlier this year too. How many NFL and Major League teams are not playing in new or renovated stadiums now?

roadwarrior
05-21-2006, 06:38 AM
The Vikings are out of luck this year.

As of this moment, the house passed the Twins stadium and I think the senate is in a all night session.

WYOBISONMAN
05-21-2006, 04:10 PM
The Vikings are out of luck this year.

As of this moment, the house passed the Twins stadium and I think the senate is in a all night session.

Keep us posted on what happens on this one.......

roadwarrior
05-21-2006, 09:13 PM
The Minnesota senate also passed the Twins stadium bill, 34-32.

Governor Pawlenty may sign the bill at a Twins game later this week.

broke_back_mnt
05-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Theres no roof on the Twins stadium and the $150 mill for the roof will go to the vikes next year. *The Twins location is fabulous and very easy to get too. *Easier than the Metro Dome with great parking in the Target Center ramps, A, B & C.

WYOBISONMAN
05-22-2006, 03:36 AM
Imagine.......baseaball played outside.... ;)

IowaBisonToo
05-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Ahhhh. To hear the crack of a wooden bat that doesn't echo off a teflon roof. To hear a PA anouncer that doesn't sound like he's talking into an empty coffee can. To smell real grass instead of ... I'm not quite sure how you'd describe the smell of the Metrodome :-? No roof?? Who cares!?!?!? So they'll have to put up with some rain showers. All it means is maybe a few more double dips. Just think of it as an easy way to wash the stale beer and spilled pop off the concrete. Man, I can't wait. Now with the new stadium deal, the Pohlads can sell off the team for a huge profit to somebody that will drop some jing on the team. Not saying the Twins aren't the best at using their farm system but it can't hurt.

broke_back_mnt
05-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Football, Hockey, Basketball and Bowling are all better inside. *Baseball sees some wierd bounces on turf that never used to happen on grass. *High bounces, fast grounders. *All the other sports benefit from better conditions of play.

Just my opinion.

WYOBISONMAN
05-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Football, Hockey, Basketball and Bowling are all better inside. *Baseball sees some wierd bounces on turf that never used to happen on grass. *High bounces, fast grounders. *All the other sports benefit from better conditions of play.

Just my opinion.

I always liked Met Stadium, because if the game sucked you could always just watch the airplanes take off and land at the airport!!

RedRiver
05-24-2006, 09:08 PM
The minnesota legislature today approved the new University of Minnesota football stadium. *Only the governor's signature is remaining, and he has stated that he will sign it.

Fall of 2009 opening.

http://www.gophersports.com/sportsNews/press_release.asp?news_id=12560&sport_id=mfball

I believe that the Governor is at the U of M this afternoon to sign the stadium bill. Wonder when the Bison will be playing there?

bincitysioux
05-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Is it for sure going to be TCF Bank Stadium now? I thought that was pretty lame that some legislators were thinking of turning down a Minnesota company offering $35 Million to help pay for a new stadium. Naming rights are just part of athletic facilities now days.

mikelsch
05-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Governor Pawlenty signed the bill on Wednesday

It will be called TCF Bank Stadium for at least 25 years. *The funding is...
$35 million from that bank for naming rights
$25 per student per semester in extra student fees
$136 million from the state government
Other private donations
Total price tag = $248 million

http://twincities.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2006/05/22/daily25.html
http://www1.umn.edu/stadium/TCF.html

Bisonguy
05-26-2006, 09:50 PM
It's too bad that NDSU won't be on the 2009 schedule to open the stadium up.