PDA

View Full Version : Oral Roberts wins their Regional Baseball Tourney

Bison_Kent
06-05-2006, 11:18 PM
So the Mid-Con is bad. Not so fast. Oral Roberts defeated the likes of Arkansas and Oklahoma State to win their Regional Baseball tournament. The Eagles will play at Clemson in the next round of the tournament with the winner going to Omaha for the College World Series.

http://orugoldeneagles.com/index.php?url_channel_id=1&url_publish_channel_id= 4365&url_subchannel_id=&well_id=2&PHPSESSID=31590d 90b4ca9410c149fa8c73ba87e1

MplsBison
06-05-2006, 11:54 PM
And Clemson is a top 8 seed in America, so ORU will be ending their season the next round.

But a damn nice showing for a mid major school.

rabidrabbit
06-06-2006, 12:48 AM
And Clemson is a top 8 seed in America, so ORU will be ending their season the next round.

But a damn nice showing for a mid major school.

Any given game, and especially baseball.....

Ask Stanford.....who lost to UC-Davis in football :P
then basketball :P then baseball :P TWICE

Then Stanford goes to the Baseball playoffs.

You may be right Mpls... but then again the Nano Crow feast could be yours too ;)

MplsBison
06-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Is Stanford a top 8 seed in America?

I do remember a few years ago when they had that really good pitcher who threw the "vulcun" change up. I can't remember if they've ever done anything since then.

rabidrabbit
06-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Not this year for Stanford.but definitely into Super Regionals (like ORU)

Here's a link from the Stanford student paper.
http://daily.stanford.edu/tempo?page=content&id=20765&repository=0001_articl e

Wonder if we'll ever see such an article from the U's? ;D ::)

Check out the Aggie's fan board for more reads about it.

But don't knock the Mid-con baseball. That is likely to be the most nationally competitive sport for the conference most years. And if either SU gets to knocking off ORU/Centarary on a regular basis, our baseball teams will be 2 levels above anywhere they've been before.

mn-bison
06-06-2006, 05:09 PM
That is a great article. I am kinda surprised they would put something like that in a school newspaper, but like the writer stated, the odds were about 1:7500 this would happen...