PDA

View Full Version : UND to stay DII??

NDSUstudent
05-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Looks like Kupchella might have the ammo he needs to keep UND in DII. Here is the link to UND's survey on going DI.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/14537212.htm

sambini
05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
THANKS FOR THE LINK+++++++++++++++

met1990
05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Was a similar survey conducted before NDSU went D-I? I'd be interested in seeing how those figures stack up.

roadwarrior
05-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Yes there was a survey done at NDSU.

tony
05-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Yep, NDSU did a marketing survey. You'll have to dig a bit to find what you want.

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndsu/news/division_I/NDSU_Division_I_MarketRes.pdf

However, there is no way to compare NDSU's survey to UND's because NDSU asked more general questions and UND asked for a yea or nay on the whole DI deal. Plus UND hasn't released their survey yet and all we have is the Herald's summary.

You can see from NDSU's survey that support for a DI move wasn't overwhelming.

met1990
05-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks Tony. I haven't read this since it first came out. It's interesting to take a look back.

RodentiaX
05-09-2006, 06:40 PM
If UND were to go Division I in all sports, 90 percent of season ticketholders said it had better have a conference affiliation first.

Why did they even ask this question? Waiting to make a D-I move until you're asked to join a D-I conference is like sitting by the phone waiting to get asked to the prom, without bothering to meet people. It's not impossible, but very, very unlikely.

Getting people to see things your way requires leadership. It's like being in sales: if you're ambivalent about your product, customers will be ambivalent about it too. "Hey, wanna buy some widgets? They're OK, I guess. I mean they hardly ever fall apart, and they don't look too bad, considering..." Not a very impressive sales pitch.

RedRiver
05-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Hmm, 73% of faculty and 56% of the season ticket holders, believe that UND should stay at the DII level.

Very suprising results, which show that the so called experts that come on this board really don't have a clue!!

kchats
05-10-2006, 03:54 AM
The Sioux posters on this board are in the minority at UND. They are the football fans interested in going division I.

Look for Kupchella to keep putting something to the NCAA about allowing UND to only move football up to I-AA every year until he finally retires or leaves. That is the only group that wants to go division I at UND. Hockey is there and doesn't want to share and the men's and women's basketball teams want to think they can compete for national championships.

kchats
05-10-2006, 04:35 AM
If you watch the clip on WDAZ's news tonight you will see that UND is going to continue milking this for as long as they can. *Now they are going to talk to Alumni and Grand Forks business's to see if they can afford the move. *Sounds like Bunning wants a consultant hired to study it further. *I wonder if he was told they would be moving to division I when he was hired(he never mentioned it but he said he wants to see where they can get the money and believes they can, which sounds like study this further to me). *I also wonder if he leaves if they stay division II because of this and the nickname flap he was thrown in to.

NDSUstudent
05-10-2006, 04:18 PM
As suprising as these results seem are to some they don't really shock me at all considering all the hockey lovers UND has. Hockey fans usually could care less about basketball, so playing NSIC and DAC 10 schools probably doesn't seem like a big deal to them. They already play Minnesota and Wisconsin in a big time winter sport(in their minds) so the grandness of DI hoops doesn't really appeal to them. I'm sure more hockey fans are football fans but it does also seem like many Sioux fans feel the difference between DII and IAA is small and unless your a hardcore football fan the gap between the two wouldn't push you to want to test the murky waters of DI. If your a big time hockey backer at UND you have things pretty good and I am not suprised they don't want to risk ruining the good thing they have. Throw in a president that doesn't want to go DI and I just don't see the push for DI at UND that we had before we went DI. Of course envy of NDSU could always force the illogical but emotional decision to go DI but if UND did that I don't think they would be in a great position to succeed. Having a president that is a big backer of DI is huge and with Kupchella at the helm UND will never have that asset. The only way Kupchella goes DI is if a conference gives him membership right from the start and from what I have seen that isn't too likely.

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Let's all keep things in perspective: this is a survey. It is not the report on going D-I or anything like that. While the survey is nice, it is not exactly a sampling of people who are truly knowledgeable about the process of going D-I and what the benefits and negatives will be from doing so. While I think that the people putting together the D-I report might want to at least glance at this thing, I'm not sure I'd put a whole lot of stock in it if I were them.

GoBison127
05-10-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't intend this to be smack but talk about two programs going in different directions right now. NDSU is in the works of remoddeling the BSA, will play the University of Minnesota in football, is continually gathering DI momentum locally and even nationally, and has a president and basketball coach who have turned down jobs to make the commitment to the program. UND seems a little flustered to me. But that is just from an outsider looking in. Couldn't be happier to be a Bison!

JJ_Penn
05-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Just wondering if someone can clear up the whole only thing about UND going D1 in a few sports...am I misunderstanding that and if I am not, isn't it against the rules to only have a few teams be D1 and the rest not...I know the rules are different in some sports ie hockey and rowing, but are they seriously using the only going in football and basketball thing realistically or do they mean they would only change the funding in those sports...sorry if it was already covered somewhere else. But it would be great if someone could clear this up for me.

Bisonguy
05-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Just wondering if someone can clear up the whole only thing about UND going D1 in a few sports...am I misunderstanding that and if I am not, isn't it against the rules to only have a few teams be D1 and the rest not...I know the rules are different in some sports ie hockey and rowing, but are they seriously using the only going in football and basketball thing realistically or do they mean they would only change the funding in those sports...sorry if it was already covered somewhere else. But it would be great if someone could clear this up for me.

UND's president wrote a letter to the NCAA, entitled "A Modest Proposal", in which he stated that schools should be allowed to compete at whatever level they wanted for each particular sport either last year or the year before. He has repeatedly stated that it would be better to only move to DI in a couple sports, while not having the burden of all sports being DI. During his interview with Steve Hallstrom last week, he brought up the issue again.

Bisonguy
05-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Even better, here's the old thread about the proposal- http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1133208545/1#1 (unfortunately, the GF Herald link is no longer valid)

JJ_Penn
05-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks Bisonguy for the info!!

RedRiver
05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/14550002.htm

Division I Can Wait!

Paulie
05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Has he fully thought through this ludicrous idea of going DI in only the desired sports? The consequence would be becoming independent in everything. The NCC or any DI conference would never accept a school only playing a portion of the sports offered. For example would the Big Sky say, sure, you can play basketball and football in the conference, reap the financial benefit of that, and then screw us on every other sport because you're too cheap? Or would the NCC say, sure you can ditch us for basketball and football and slip in for the sports you don't really care about? The whole point of conference affiliation is making a commitment with all the other schools to offer the same set of sports at the same level.

broke_back_mnt
05-11-2006, 05:07 PM
If it is about markets, and I do think a lof of it is, you try and occupy the best market for the resources you have. *Why leave the DII regional and to a great extent some national coverage to University of Mary in Bismarck and try and compete for the Division I market already occupied by NDSU and SDSU? *It just doesnt make sense right now especially considering Grand Forks is only about 1/3 the size of the Fargo area market. *Right now they both have the best of 2 worlds.

rabidrabbit
05-11-2006, 09:21 PM
If it is about markets, and I do think a lof of it is, you try and occupy the best market for the resources you have. *Why leave the DII regional and to a great extent some national coverage to University of Mary in Bismarck and try and compete for the Division I market already occupied by NDSU and SDSU? *It just doesnt make sense right now especially considering Grand Forks is only about 1/3 the size of the Fargo area market. *Right now they both have the best of 2 worlds.

There appear to be many advantages to UND remaining D-2. Keeps the NCC afloat, no conference worries, be a big fish in a small tank. Enjoy their new D-2 competitors (uofMary, Minot St., Northern) and watch their next door neighbor bask in the successes of D-1, recruiting, and soon, enrollment.

We'll do well without them. We'd do well if they join us. UND, along with USD, are part of a storied past. Now we're onto a new and exciting chapter.

broke_back_mnt
05-12-2006, 12:17 PM
UNI was really, really, really, really ahead of the curve on the DI NCC issue. *Now if UND stays DII they can have a great trip to Fargo every September for the football opener at the Fabulous Fargo Dome and if not, who cares? *We survived the loss of Fargo College. *It was their demise that created room for a new rival, UND. *This situation is just another opportunity for the Great Land Grants.

Whats really funny about all of this is now Lennon appears to be the victim, at Bunings hands, of his old recruiting line about moving up to Division I in a few years! *8-)

buffalobilljr
06-08-2006, 11:15 PM
UNI was really, really, really, really ahead of the curve on the DI NCC issue. *Now if UND stays DII they can have a great trip to Fargo every September for the football opener at the Fabulous Fargo Dome and if not, who cares? *We survived the loss of Fargo College. *It was their demise that created room for a new rival, UND. *This situation is just another opportunity for the Great Land Grants.

Whats really funny about all of this is now Lennon appears to be the victim, at Bunings hands, of his old recruiting line about moving up to Division I in a few years! *8-)
Again as Abraham Lincoln said "With malice toward none and charity for all"

BismarckBison
06-09-2006, 03:44 PM

Again as Abraham Lincoln said "With malice toward none and charity for all"

To bad "With malice toward none and charity for all" is only going north and not coming back south. Does anybody have the quote Dale Lennon said about D1 recruiting.

BisonMav
06-10-2006, 02:13 PM
[To bad "With malice toward none and charity for all" is only going north and not coming back south. Does anybody have the quote Dale Lennon said about D1 recruiting.

The Lennon quote is from 2003
SiouxSports.com (http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2639&st=0&p=60067&#entry60067)
UND92,96 Posted on: Feb 5 2003, 07:10 PM Replies: 68Views: 3618 *Here's a link to an article about UND signee Donovan Alexander:AlexanderThe article says he was offered a scholarship by Nebraska late in the recruiting process so he's evidently a very good prospect.This was the other interesting statement in the article:"Lennon came to Winnipeg and had dinner at the Alexander household. He also told his recruit that the blueprints for an indoor practice facility have been drawn up and a move up to Division I could happen within the next three years." *

BismarckBison
06-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Why would you tell a recruit about a D1 move if it was only a possibility? If it does not unfold then you have a real creditablity issue with your recruit.

MinotBison
06-11-2006, 04:01 AM
[To bad "With malice toward none and charity for all" is only going north and not coming back south. Does anybody have the quote Dale Lennon said about D1 recruiting.

SiouxSports.com (http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2639&st=0&p=60067&#entry60067)
[i]UND92,96 Posted on: Feb 5 2003, 07:10 PM Replies: 68Views: 3618 *Here's a link to an article about UND signee Donovan Alexander:AlexanderThe article says he was offered a scholarship by Nebraska late in the recruiting process so he's evidently a very good prospect.This was the other interesting statement in the article:"Lennon came to Winnipeg and had dinner at the Alexander household. He also told his recruit that the blueprints for an indoor practice facility have been drawn up and a move up to Division I could happen within the next three years."

I guess that didn't quite work out did it?

kchats
06-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Why would you tell a recruit about a D1 move if it was only a possibility? If it does not unfold then you have a real creditablity issue with your recruit.

I guess lying is the only option when NDSU is winning every recruiting battle and bringing in every ND recruit it wants. He wanted the kid to go to UND so he said you don't have to go to NDSU to play division I football we will be division I in 3 years. I suppose he is still using the lie but it hasn't helped him win a recruiting battle.

bincitysioux
06-11-2006, 06:47 PM

I guess lying is the only option when NDSU is winning every recruiting battle and bringing in every ND recruit it wants. *He wanted the kid to go to UND so he said you don't have to go to NDSU to play division I football we will be division I in 3 years. *I suppose he is still using the lie but it hasn't helped him win a recruiting battle.

This allegedly took place in 2003. *Both schools were still DII. *This recruit was not from North Dakota. *This recruit knew that NDSU would be DI in 2004. *This recruit was told that it was possible that UND might be DI in three years. *He obviously chose UND for reasons other than DI. Show me what the lie is. *Kchats, you are obviously ignorant on this subject. *If you have any proof that Dale Lennon or any other UND Coaches lie to recruits, please produce that evidence.

kchats
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM

UND92,96 Posted on: Feb 5 2003, 07:10 PM Replies: 68Views: 3618 *Here's a link to an article about UND signee Donovan Alexander:AlexanderThe article says he was offered a scholarship by Nebraska late in the recruiting process so he's evidently a very good prospect.This was the other interesting statement in the article:"Lennon came to Winnipeg and had dinner at the Alexander household. He also told his recruit that the blueprints for an indoor practice facility have been drawn up and a move up to Division I could happen within the next three years." *

Read it and weap. NDSU was participating in the NCC in 2003 but had already declared their move to division I. 2003 was the exploratory year. If saying they would be division I in three years back in 2003 wasn't a lie what was it? Is UND a division I school or were they in 2006? Oh I guess what Lennon meant was they would keep talking about possibly going division I for 3 years. Unless UND can come up with the buyout from the NCC they won't even be able to get away from them for another 18 months and that is if they actually decide to make the move. Sounds like Roger Thomas is bending your President's ear telling him how great division II is. RT doesn't want his league to lose his team.

bincitysioux
06-11-2006, 07:44 PM

Read it and weap. *NDSU was participating in the NCC in 2003 but had already declared their move to division I. *2003 was the exploratory year. *If saying they would be division I in three years back in 2003 wasn't a lie what was it? *Is UND a division I school or were they in 2006? *Oh I guess what Lennon meant was they would keep talking about possibly going division I for 3 years. *Unless UND can come up with the buyout from the NCC they won't even be able to get away from them for another 18 months and that is if they actually decide to make the move. *Sounds like Roger Thomas is bending your President's ear telling him how great division II is. *RT doesn't want his league to lose his team.

So what you are saying is that you in fact do not have any proof of UND coaches lying to recruits. It looks to me that he told Donovan Alexander that there was a possiblity that UND may transition to DI within three years. It is currently 2006. To date, no transition has occured. Perhaps he felt obligated to tell Alexander this because maybe Alexander had visions of winning a DII National Championship, and of course a school in transition can't win a national championship in any division. I am purlely speculating of course, I was not at the meeting and I have no proof.

BTW, I haven't heard of any meetings between Dr. Kupchella and Commissioner Thomas. Do you have any evidence that Commissioner Thomas has recently expressed his opinions about Division II to Dr. Kupchella?

kchats
06-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Why wouldn't Roger be talking to Kupchella? They share an opinion on the matter and it is in his best interest to keep UND in the NCC.

Here is a quote from an article in the St. Cloud newspaper that was linked in another topic on this board.

NCC commissioner Roger Thomas said that there is a nervousness among the conference members about North Dakota’s decision.

That’s been heightened by North Dakota athletic director Tom Buning’s comments to the Fargo Forum two weeks ago that “It’s not a matter of if. It’s a matter of when. This is a good time to make a move (up).”

Thomas, the former athletic director and football coach at North Dakota, was a bit stunned by the comments.

“I know that’s his opinion because he’s voiced his opinion to me on that before,” Thomas said. “I was a bit surprised he went to the Fargo Forum before the (North Dakota) president said anything about it.

“I’m waiting to see what the president says."

bincitysioux
06-11-2006, 07:58 PM
So, again, no proof?

kchats
06-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Conference commissioners are always in communication with their member institutions. I'm sure he is leaning on Kupchella heavily against a move to division I. RT was very against it and he and Kupchella have that in common.

More proof of those communications than Dale Lennon not lying about being a division I school in 2006. ;)

broke_back_mnt
06-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Dale Lennon is ranked 11 among active DII coaches. He has little chance of moving up significantly. DII is over for him unless he plans on growing old at Und and chasing the image of the NDSU dynasty.

Even if he gets close everyone will be saying hey he is getting up there with the BISON!! He will also have to listen to and watch DI NDSU all year long, especially during football season where he will be second at best. He is a DI-AA hopeful for sure and now he is waiting just like his recruits! ;D

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/football/coaching/d2.pdf

Theres your proof.

kchats
06-11-2006, 10:01 PM
So, again, no proof?

Hey Bin can you show me where in all the negative comments, from UND's coaches and administration as well as former players, directed at NDSU where it was mentioned that UND would be looking to move to division I by 2006? I guess if UND does in fact make the move to division I Jim Kliensasser will not be giving to UND athletics anymore since he stated that NDSU moving to division I was stupid.

bincitysioux
06-11-2006, 11:02 PM
So, again, no proof?

Hey Bin can you show me where in all the negative comments, from UND's coaches and administration as well as former players, directed at NDSU where it was mentioned that UND would be looking to move to division I by 2006? *I guess if UND does in fact make the move to division I Jim Kliensasser will not be giving to UND athletics anymore since he stated that NDSU moving to division I was stupid.

Hey kchats, can you show me where I attacked the character of any UND coaches or NDSU coaches for that matter and accused anyone of being a liar? That is why I took issue with your post. If you are going to go around spouting off that a coach at a university has a habit of lying to 18 year-old kids in order to trick them to come play at that school, I would have assumed that you had some concrete evidence of such behavior. If not, then that says something about your character.

Flanders
06-12-2006, 01:07 AM
So, again, no proof?

Hey Bin can you show me where in all the negative comments, from UND's coaches and administration as well as former players, directed at NDSU where it was mentioned that UND would be looking to move to division I by 2006? I guess if UND does in fact make the move to division I Jim Kliensasser will not be giving to UND athletics anymore since he stated that NDSU moving to division I was stupid.

Hey kchats, can you show me where I attacked the character of any UND coaches or NDSU coaches for that matter and accused anyone of being a liar? That is why I took issue with your post. If you are going to go around spouting off that a coach at a university has a habit of lying to 18 year-old kids in order to trick them to come play at that school, I would have assumed that you had some concrete evidence of such behavior. If not, then that says something about your character.

++++++++++++++++

broke_back_mnt
06-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Should we start a poll and see if Bin is a good guy or should we just admit it? I say admit it, Bin your a good guy! A Bison, Not a BISON, but A Bison. Your on your way! Wheres Billjr?

kchats
06-12-2006, 03:57 AM
So, again, no proof?

Hey Bin can you show me where in all the negative comments, from UND's coaches and administration as well as former players, directed at NDSU where it was mentioned that UND would be looking to move to division I by 2006? *I guess if UND does in fact make the move to division I Jim Kliensasser will not be giving to UND athletics anymore since he stated that NDSU moving to division I was stupid.

Hey kchats, can you show me where I attacked the character of any UND coaches or NDSU coaches for that matter and accused anyone of being a liar? *That is why I took issue with your post. *If you are going to go around spouting off that a coach at a university has a habit of lying to 18 year-old kids in order to trick them to come play at that school, I would have assumed that you had some concrete evidence of such behavior. *If not, then that says something about your character.

Maybe in 3 years UND will actually be a division I independent looking for a conference and then he wouldn't have been lying only way way way way way off on the timeline. ;)

As for telling a recruit that UND will be moving to division I in 3 years, as has been stated on this board many times and shown in the quote listed off Siouxsports.com, the same year the administration and coaches and former players from UND blasted NDSU for making a stupid move to division I what was he thinking? I saw nothing in 2003 when NDSU got blasted about as often as UND's president, coaches and AD spoke for moving up to division I that showed me any ray of hope for UND being division I in 3 years? I may be wrong or have missed some subliminal message in all their negativity that told you they were immediately going to start preparing for a move to division I but I didn't see anything like that.

Sioux head men’s basketball coach Rich Glas said the difference in divisions was the main reason he didn’t want to schedule NDSU.

“I just feel that if you’re going to play your rival school, you have to be on even footing,” he said. “We’re not on even footing.”

Said NDSU head men’s coach Tim Miles: “We’re still a fledgling (Division I school). If that’s their rationale, so be it.”

Plus, Glas said, playing a Division I team could hurt UND’s postseason chances. Division II puts an emphasis on regional competition, although NDSU women’s basketball coach Amy Ruley said she didn’t think that philosophy affects basketball like it does football.

“But we’ll move ahead,” Ruley said. “Instead of turning north, we’ll now turn south. South Dakota State will be the biggest game for the Bison.”

South Dakota State is also moving to Division I next season.

“I would love to see it continue,” Miles said. “We’ve made that clear to them. Unfortunately, coach Glas at this time doesn’t want to continue it. I wish he would.”

Taylor said he was disappointed by UND’s basketball decision. He wasn’t aware a UND consensus had been reached until a reporter contacted him over the weekend. He said he was dissatisfied that there wasn’t more dialogue between coaches and administrators.

“I thought it was still up for discussion,” he said.

He also wasn’t thrilled he wasn’t contacted by a UND official.

“Finding out from a reporter is not how I expected it,” he said. “But our programs have different priorities right now.”

Asked if NDSU’s decision to move to Division I had become personal with any UND coaches, Taylor paused for several moments.

“You have to ask Gene and Rich,” he said, referring to Glas and women’s head coach Gene Roebuck. “But it sounds like it looking at their quotes.”

Glas, in a Grand Forks Herald story, said of NDSU’s D-I move: “They made a choice. Good luck.”

“Rich has been upset and he’s made that public,” Taylor said. “That’s fine. Everybody has different priorities.”

Glas, however, said his comment was not made in jest.

“I say that because I really wish them good luck. It’s tough,” he said. “I’m disappointed they’re leaving because (the NCC) is a heckavu league. I just wish they had more patience. It’s a football reason that they’re doing it in a lot of ways.”

Glas said the Sioux probably won’t play the Bison in two years, either. But he does foresee the day where they’ll play again.

“I see restructuring within the NCAA and we’ll all be back together again,” he said.

The UND women were on a road trip Sunday and Roebuck couldn’t be reached for comment.

Taylor said he plans on talking with UND athletic director Roger Thomas this week regarding the football game.

“We’ll find out this week,” Taylor said.

bincitysioux
06-12-2006, 04:04 AM
So, you're mad that Rich Glas wished you luck 3 years ago? :-?

kchats
06-12-2006, 04:06 AM
Yeah that is what he did. ::) Sarcasm with a hint of pure vile were laced in his remarks. Just one example of a coach at UND wishing and hoping that NDSU would fail in division I.

broke_back_mnt
06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Its not a question of being mad. Its a question of being aware of how your coaches acted. What they revealed about themselves. Its not pretty and doesnt reflect well on the university or them. Its worth remembering so we can better manage our future relationships. Its possible nothing will happen on the scheduling front until there are personel changes up there.

bincitysioux
06-12-2006, 12:30 PM
*Sarcasm with a hint of pure vile were laced in his remarks.

You got that from a 6 word quote found in a newspaper that is printed six states away from where you live? Gee, that combined with the fact that you were able to come to the conclusion that Dale Lennon is a reputed liar based on a quote made on a message board tells me that you must be the most perceptive person alive. :o

IowaBisonToo
06-12-2006, 02:21 PM
In regards to knowing what Lennon did or did not say, I'll have to agree with bin on this one (ooohhh, I feel nauseous ;)). He has shown a lot more character than any of the other coaches up there have in regards to NDSUs move. With that said, I do think with ALL the comments that have gone back and forth between the two school's coaches, you can read between the lines and tell Glas and Roebuck hoped to holy hell that NDSU failed in their transition. Sure, they didn't come out and say but, they didn't have to, either.

Sticks
06-12-2006, 03:08 PM
That article says that the move to DI COULD HAPPEN within the next three years.....where does it say that Lennon told him it was a done deal, no doubt are we going DI in 3 years? *I think we're reaching for something that's not there fellas....I don't think it's necessary to start personally attacking the UND Football coaching staff. *I think their performance in the last 5 years earns them a little respect.....even from you.

lakesbison
06-12-2006, 09:45 PM
""We must turn our competitive eye outward toward Madison, Minneapolis, and Sioux Falls and away from within. We must come together, work together, and compete together if Fargo and our region are to reach its full potential.""

Amen... Quick focusing on small town and small campus and small thinking Grand Forks/UND... and move on..

please.. move on.. and quit with the UND TALK!!

kchats
06-13-2006, 01:09 AM
That article says that the move to DI COULD HAPPEN within the next three years.....where does it say that Lennon told him it was a done deal, no doubt are we going DI in 3 years? *I think we're reaching for something that's not there fellas....I don't think it's necessary to start personally attacking the UND Football coaching staff. *I think their performance in the last 5 years earns them a little respect.....even from you.

Yes I'm sure Dale Lennon has earned a ton of respect, not quite as much as a Hall of Fame coach like Amy Ruley and her 5 National Championships should garner but a good deal. I can't remember the whole thing but I seem to recall a UND fan attacking Amy Ruley with zeal earlier this year in regards to recruiting and I didn't see you step forward in defense of a Hall of Fame coach with 5 National Championships.

lakesbison
06-13-2006, 03:47 AM
WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP!!?

CANT WE FEAKIN IGNORE UND!?!?!? and THEIR IDIOTIC FANS WHO COME ON THIS SITE!!!

PLEASE!! CANT WE KEEP BISONVILLE SIOUXLESS?!?

I don't think ANY of you are capable!!!!!!!! my GOD!!!!

ID SAY 75% of ALL OF YOUR POSTS... in EVERY CATEGORY..... IS ABOUT UND!!.

GET OVER IT!!! WE ARE DIVISON 1.... SCREW THEM!!!! ARGH!! IM DONE>...

IF I EVER POST ABOUT UND.... BAN ME.. PLEASE!!

MplsBison
06-13-2006, 10:29 AM
When will your madness stop?

We get it, ok? Sheesh.

Paulie
06-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Somebody please trick him into posting about UND so he gets banned. :)

Sticks
06-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Yes I'm sure Dale Lennon has earned a ton of respect, not quite as much as a Hall of Fame coach like Amy Ruley and her 5 National Championships should garner but a good deal. *I can't remember the whole thing but I seem to recall a UND fan attacking Amy Ruley with zeal earlier this year in regards to recruiting and I didn't see you step forward in defense of a Hall of Fame coach with 5 National Championships.
I'm sorry I can't comment on that chats, I don't recall ever seeing anything like that on this site as I haven't really started visiting frequently until the last couple months. *This is the first I've heard of that situation. *I don't know what was said, but if it was similiar to what's being spread about Lennon...let me apologize for whoever it was. *Great coaches that have a history of winning and have built a solid tradition in their program deserve the benefit of the doubt in stupid, "hear-say," rumors. *None of us were at the Alexander residence when this whole thing went down...which means no one really knows what he told the kid. *Like I said though, I think he's earned the right for us to give him the benefit of the doubt.

P.S. Somebody give Lakes a sedative!! All caps all the time can't be good for a person bud!

lakesbison
06-13-2006, 08:50 PM
why dont u just leave the board.. u NEVER have had a positive comment about NDSU...

nor u are a FAN of NDSU..

soo why the HECK do you come here?? are you that big of an outkast.. that u cant find a different site to your liking???

man i feel sorry for you.... its like me going to a Packers football page.. all the time..

its sad actually..

insane_ponderer
06-13-2006, 09:24 PM
lakes...a wiseman once said know your enemy, and although und is no longer our rival there is a lot of history there.

think about it like breaking up with a girlfriend, if you are together for 2 months it doesn't take that long to get over, if you are together for 100+ years its a little more difficult. ;)

TransAmBison
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
lakes...a wiseman once said know your enemy, and although und is no longer our rival there is a lot of history there.

think about it like breaking up with a girlfriend, if you are together for 2 months it doesn't take that long to get over, if you are together for 100+ years its a little more difficult. ;)
Very good analogy...but it makes me wonder...why did we stay with such an ugly girl for so long? I mean, were we SDSU's wingman? If so, there has got to be limits...

sambini
06-13-2006, 10:26 PM
AS THEY SAID IN TOP GUN YOU DON'T EVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN+++++++++=

insane_ponderer
06-14-2006, 12:36 AM

Very good analogy...but it makes me wonder...why did we stay with such an ugly girl for so long? *I mean, were we SDSU's wingman? *If so, there has got to be limits...

While I do agree that staying with such an ugly girl for so long does make us look bad, it was good at the time. We got a new president in, a new vision, new money, new projects and honestly a new attitude. We had some support from our long term good buddies telling us to ditch the ugly girl, go out play the field, so we did...and we haven't looked back and now the ex girlfriend that said "fine, go i dont want you anyway, don't come back" is jealous that we are succeeding.

bincitysioux
06-14-2006, 02:37 AM
Somebody please trick him into posting about UND so he gets banned. * :)

++++++++++

Sticks
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
why dont u just leave the board.. u NEVER have had a positive comment about NDSU...

nor u are a FAN of NDSU..

soo why the HECK do you come here?? are you that big of an outkast.. that u cant find a different site to your liking???

man *i feel sorry for you.... its like me going to a Packers football page.. all the time..

its sad actually..
Lakes,

Why don't you quit worrying about me and the posts I make on this board? *Obviously I'm staying within the rules and regulations or I would've been shown the door by now. *Because I've moved away from ND, I enjoy visiting this site (and SS.com) to see what you guys are talking about and what the schools are up to, and believe it or not, I do occasionally add some positive insight to this board...it's not all smack. *It appears you are the only one that can't sleep at night because the "sues" are on your board. *My advice to you is to go grab a six-pack, turn on a baseball game or something...stay away from the computer for a little bit, cause it sounds like you're gonna blow a gasket soon. *

Then see if you can work on posting in a new format....it's starting to give me a headache.

Paulie
06-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Does anyone besides Lakes Bison really want a board that is just NDSU fans agreeing with each other and patting each other on the back? Sounds like a massive circle jerk to me. Personally I like the banter back and forth. Sure it gets out of hand at times and goes over the line but it's all in the name of good fun. If you're getting upset by comments and letting it effect your life outside the computer world then perhaps you need to sit down and take a real critical look at yourself and see if perhaps there is a better way to deal with whatever issues are manifesting themselves on here.

Bisonguy
06-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Does anyone besides Lakes Bison really want a board that is just NDSU fans agreeing with each other and patting each other on the back? *Sounds like a massive circle jerk to me. *Personally I like the banter back and forth. *Sure it gets out of hand at times and goes over the line but it's all in the name of good fun. *If you're getting upset by comments and letting it effect your life outside the computer world then perhaps you need to sit down and take a real critical look at yourself and see if perhaps there is a better way to deal with whatever issues are manifesting themselves on here. *

Banter is good, as long as it remains under control.

Flanders
06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Does anyone besides Lakes Bison really want a board that is just NDSU fans agreeing with each other and patting each other on the back? Sounds like a massive circle jerk to me. Personally I like the banter back and forth. Sure it gets out of hand at times and goes over the line but it's all in the name of good fun. If you're getting upset by comments and letting it effect your life outside the computer world then perhaps you need to sit down and take a real critical look at yourself and see if perhaps there is a better way to deal with whatever issues are manifesting themselves on here.

I give this my "Post of the Day" award. Very well said.

El_Chapo
08-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Looks like Kupchella might have the ammo he needs to keep UND in DII. Here is the link to UND's survey on going DI.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/14537212.htm

I guess 10 years ago kupchella shouldve listened to us & kept them d2