PDA

View Full Version : UWL@SDSU

Gamehunter
09-03-2006, 01:19 AM
Looks like the Jacks are having a rough start. They are tied with LaCrosse 3-3 at halftime.

kchats
09-03-2006, 01:44 AM
I sure hope they are playing blindfolded in straightjackets and with their ears covered up. UWL is division III or NAIA. Ugly. Not a good game for a Great West member.

Gamehunter
09-03-2006, 01:51 AM
UWL just intercepted ANOTHER one of Kardoes passes.....wow. Hate to say it, but if the Jacks don't pick it up they may have one LONG season. Hopefully they can put the eagles back in their place soon.

about half way through the 3rd...I think??? Eagles now down to the Jacks 27.

Gamehunter
09-03-2006, 01:55 AM
TD LaCrosse......

My..........Oh...........My

BisonBacker
09-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Ouch!

BisonBacker
09-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Is there a live audio feed somewhere?

WYOBISONMAN
09-03-2006, 02:08 PM
This is a terrible loss for the Jacks....... :-[

ndsubison
09-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Tough loss for da 'Jacks. What happens when they come to the FargoDome?

BisonMav
09-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Tough loss for da 'Jacks. *What happens when they come to the FargoDome?

Hopefully they will have their act together by then, otherwise a CSP repeat. :o

OK_Jackrabbit
09-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Tough loss for da 'Jacks. What happens when they come to the FargoDome?

Hopefully they will have their act together by then, otherwise a CSP repeat. :o

No joy down here in Mudville. Kardoes was pathetic (please, please Stig... get over him. He's not good. Start Berry.) In the 4" of slippery, sloppy mud betwen the hashmarks, their short, fat o-linemen (low center of gravity) had their way with our taller, sleeker, faster D-line. Our d-backs couldn't cover anybody. Their short fat d-lineman pushed our o-line into the backfield on every pass. We had 11 penalties, turned it over four times. I'm hearing that other than the coaching staff, pretty much nobody on the team wants Kardoes at QB. We have a coach who's in love with his "Kardoes Ratio" and can't bear to just hand it off to Koenig for a certain four yards on every play. I think Andy Kardoes must be the greatest practice player on the planet. He's Tarvaris Jackson in practice and Mike McMahon on game day. Ugh.

The reality is settling in that this might be the worst loss in SDSU football history. And now we have four weeks of ranked teams on the road (can you say 0-5?). Assuming we can't win those four, we'll have to steal a game from one of the really good Great West teams (NDSU, Cal-Poly, UC-Davis) to get four wins this year. We could be looking at 3-8 or even 2-9. It's ugly.

sambini
09-04-2006, 03:03 AM
Hang in there Jack FANS.

WYOBISONMAN
09-04-2006, 02:43 PM
I jumped over and was reading the Jack board.......life is ugly over there......

BisonMav
09-04-2006, 04:12 PM
This was the biggest loss in I-AA football over the weekend IMO.

rabidrabbit
09-04-2006, 06:05 PM
This was the biggest loss in I-AA football over the weekend IMO. *

Reading thru the AGS scores thread, there is little doubt that the Jacks were the Hosenfeffer (Rabbit stew) of I-AA. Embarrassing Loss for the Jacks. Lots of identified problems, and 4 straight weeks against top 25 teams to learn from those mistakes.

But, it is but one game. If we come back and play well, then we have a shot at 5-6. If the quality of the Jacks this year was exemplified by the UWL game, then everybody has overrated the Jacks coming into this year. I had envisioned SDSU to be a top 40 team this year, with the misfortune of playing in a conference with 3 top 15 teams. That vision has been severely tested.

I hope the boys in blue get fighting mad and do a great job from here on out. Enough of being yellow, and getting walked on.

BisonMav
09-05-2006, 03:05 AM
This was the biggest loss in I-AA football over the weekend IMO. *

Reading thru the AGS scores thread, there is little doubt that the Jacks were the Hosenfeffer (Rabbit stew) of I-AA. *Embarrassing Loss for the Jacks. *Lots of identified problems, and 4 straight weeks against top 25 teams to learn from those mistakes. *

But, it is but one game. *If we come back and play well, then we have a shot at 5-6. *If the quality of the Jacks this year was exemplified by the UWL game, then everybody has overrated the Jacks coming into this year. *I had envisioned SDSU to be a top 40 team this year, with the misfortune of playing in a conference with 3 top 15 teams. *That vision has been severely tested.

I hope the boys in blue get fighting mad and do a great job from here on out. *Enough of being yellow, and getting walked on.

Your RB had a good game, 150+ yards?

SDSUFAN
09-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Yes Koenig had 156 yards, but he told The Brookings Register that he was having problems making cuts. Everyone can say WUL had to play on the same field, but for SDSU, the game plan worked all week it did not include playing in a cattle feed lot. I have never seen the field this tore up. To WUL, credit, they never gave up pick plays and maybe having a extremely muddy field helped their defense. Bottom line we lost and everyone is embarrassed. I am with Rabidrabbit on his points. We have shown more yellow than blue. Its time to begin the season on the right foot.

If there is any bright spot in the Montana game, their RB Hillard is out for the year.