PDA

View Full Version : Ball State Football Watch

broke_back_mnt
05-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I havent seen this posted. As all the regulars know, Ball State is our first DI-A game this year. Looks like they had a good spring:

http://www.ballstatesports.com/article/0,1382,42730-4-team,00.html

BisonBacker
05-26-2006, 03:50 PM
I was over looking at their site just a couple of days ago and they are expecting a much better year. Many have said this is a winnable game and I believe so as well but it will be a tough game.

broke_back_mnt
05-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Thats exactly what I thought too, their record wasnt very good last year, but they seem to be a team that is rebuilding. This might be the year they hope everything comes together. I dont know if they have better players than we do, but they do have more of them. I look forward to this game as much as any game on our schedule.

Ps. I posted the spring game article myself in another thread! :-[

Bisonguy
05-26-2006, 09:47 PM
This game should be a very good test for the Bison.

mikelsch
07-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Ball State 2006 football preview

http://www.cfbnews.com/mac/2006_Previews/BallState_preview.htm

BisonMav
07-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Ball State 2006 football preview

http://www.cfbnews.com/mac/2006_Previews/BallState_preview.htm

Thanks Greenie

rabidrabbit
07-13-2006, 07:41 PM
I know this is a key game for Bison to demonstrate that they should be #1. ;D I know a Rabbit that will be following this game closely. 8-)

IowaBison
07-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I didn't realize their defense was that awful last year.

That definitely makes me want to revisit my expectations for the Bison in that game.

MinotBison
07-13-2006, 08:12 PM
A win at Ball State would not be an upset, IMHO.

IowaBison
07-13-2006, 08:17 PM
But it's not yet even money in my book.

I had them at 2:1, now it's 3:2, with a 6 point spread. :)

broke_back_mnt
07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Looks to me that they forgot about the NDSU BISON Football Club! Not wise. I think the BISON are dogs and will be dogs until the game ends. What Im watching are the upset clouds gathering on the far horizon. Go BISON!!!! 8-)

Paulie
07-13-2006, 10:33 PM
NDSU should be the underdog in my opinion simply because of the fact they are on the road and playing a classification up. Having said that it's a very winnable game and I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see NDSU win.

sambini
07-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the info Greenie+++++++++++++

IowaBison
07-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Looks to me that they forgot about the NDSU BISON Football Club! Not wise. I think the BISON are dogs and will be dogs until the game ends. What Im watching are the upset clouds gathering on the far horizon. Go BISON!!!! 8-)

Especially coming the week after Purdue and before Northern Illinois.

The first should be a shallacking from which they'll want to recover. NIU is a game they need to win to get their season on track (which they didn't do last year) and get a quality in-conference win against a strong opponent.

As an upset it couldn't be set up any better.

Gamehunter
08-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Just thought I would rekindle some discussion on what could be a very big game for NDSU. I found a more in-depth preview on the Cardinals here http://www.vandelaysports.com/football/mac-football-2006/bsu.html

Looks like they are returning 10 on offense. There "D" is still going to be the weakest link.

I think the key will be if NDSU can develope any kind of a pass rush after graduating both DE's from last year. Also, If Walker has reasonable time in the pocket I think he will be able to easily pick apart the defense. Should make for a close game!

tcbison
09-06-2006, 03:36 PM
This writer thinks that NDSU versus Ball State is a layup for Ball State.

Indiana (1-0) at Ball State (1-0) 6:30 pm EST Saturday, September 9th
Why to watch: It's the battle for Indiana as Ball State comes in fresh off an impressive 38-20 win over Eastern Michigan and Indiana is still buzzing after a 39-20 win over Western Michigan. Fine, so few in the Hoosier state are going to turn away from the Penn State - Notre Dame game early to watch this, but it's still an important battle for each team for the hope of a winning season. IU gets Southern Illinois next week and a winnable home date against Connecticut week after, so 4-0 is very possible with a win over the neighbors from Muncie. Ball State plays Purdue next week before a layup against North Dakota State.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=193&p=2&c=565134

mikelsch
09-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Obviously this writer knows nothing about college football...he must assume that all I-A schools are automatically better than the top level I-AAs. Looks like bulletin board material to me.

MinotBison
09-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Obviously this writer knows nothing about college football...he must assume that all I-A schools are automatically better than the top level I-AAs. *Looks like bulletin board material to me.

He'll be singing a different tune after the game. I think this is a very winnable one for the Bison.

SDbison
09-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Somebody needs to tell the writer this is a football game not basketball. There is no layup in football. Regardless NDSU's football team and basketball team should be able to beat Ball State.

Bisonguy
09-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Somebody should get this article to Bohl.

This is definite bulletin board material.

sambini
09-07-2006, 02:02 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

lakesbison
09-14-2006, 02:57 PM
good smack... lets beat ball state!!

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2006, 04:05 PM
a W at Ball State will really set the tone for the season. If we are undefeated coming out of Ball State, we will be sitting very nice in the polls!

Bisongold
09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
This writer thinks that NDSU versus Ball State is a layup for Ball State.

Indiana (1-0) at Ball State (1-0) 6:30 pm EST Saturday, September 9th
Why to watch: It's the battle for Indiana as Ball State comes in fresh off an impressive 38-20 win over Eastern Michigan and Indiana is still buzzing after a 39-20 win over Western Michigan. Fine, so few in the Hoosier state are going to turn away from the Penn State - Notre Dame game early to watch this, but it's still an important battle for each team for the hope of a winning season. IU gets Southern Illinois next week and a winnable home date against Connecticut *week after, so 4-0 is very possible with a win over the neighbors from Muncie. Ball State plays Purdue next week before a layup against North Dakota State.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=193&p=2&c=565134

A great one-liner that the Bison team could rally around!! *Bohl definitely needs this for display.

Bisongold
09-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Also, eight of us will be attending the Ball State game. My brother in law has worked for the Ball Foundation for 20 years and he and his wife are both NDSU grads!