PDA

View Full Version : Story on UMKC

kchats
09-05-2006, 03:02 AM
An interesting story on our future conference mate UMKC regarding their struggles and their path.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15435039.htm "What's a Roo To Do?"

mikelsch
09-05-2006, 03:24 AM
It would be really hard for a mid-major to share the stage with so many other Division I schools in the area.

kchats
09-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah Lawrence, KS(KU) is only 20 miles west of Kansas City, Manhattan, KS (KSU) is only 75 miles west and Columbia, MO (MU) is 90 miles east. Those 3 get most of the coverage in the area. Although there is some truth to the fact that the reason UMKC hasn't received the coverage is they haven't been a good team consistently. They usually have one good player but that doesn't help them win games.

lakesbison
09-15-2006, 03:21 AM
will they even survive Mid Con?? I sure hope so..

I want mid con to stay with the members now, and not ADD/LOSE any for a LONG time.

Mr._Bill
09-15-2006, 05:53 AM
While NDSU has its own issues and has work to do for basketball support, we have athletic support at our school the likes of which UMKC will never see. Fargo is also right sized complared to a small town or a large metro. We are fortunate and the future is bright. UMKC will always be a footnote in their local area.