PDA

View Full Version : Lets Start Creating a SDSU Rivalry..

lakesbison
05-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok.. Im going down to Brookings in a few weeks for work... (i know i know... Im a john deere salesman....) NOT..

I am gonna spend 3 days in town, getting drunk everynight at the local pub with my Bison Jersey .... gonna start some fights.... arguments.... I wanna rachet up the rivalry..

Give me some advice Rabbit fans..... where should I go??

Besides.... All signs point south for me.. when it comes to rivals!!!

Bisonguy
05-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Try Cubby's, or Pamida.

Better yet, ask 'em over on the Bunny Board- http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

You're seriously going to Brookings as a destination??

BisonBacker
05-26-2006, 05:40 PM
What's wrong with Brookings?

RedRiver
05-26-2006, 09:35 PM
It reminds me of Grand Forks!!

SDSUFAN
05-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Ok.. Im going down to Brookings in a few weeks for work... (i know i know... Im a john deere salesman....) NOT..

I am gonna spend 3 days in town, getting drunk everynight at the local pub with my Bison Jersey .... gonna start some fights.... arguments.... I wanna rachet up the rivalry..

Give me some advice Rabbit fans..... where should I go?? *

Besides.... All signs point south for me.. when it comes to rivals!!!

All the students are gone, and there are not enough old f@rts who like to fight so you might end up telling your wows to the bar tender. And maybe he will be impressed with Bison jersey as most old people in Fargo are when I sport a SDSU shirt in West Acres. " So you are from South Dakota" End of conversation. Btw I stay out of Fargo bars, I done that years ago and see no need to do it again. Plus health is not impaired.

Seriously though, enjoy your visit to Brookings. There are a few bars which I know little of. I sure there will be someone who will talk sports with you. I was borned and raised down their. Spent my working career elsewhere but have returned recently. It has changed a great deal in 40 years, but its still Lake Wobegon in some ways.

The SDSU rivalry has been mostly a three way with Augie and USD.
Any NDSU rivalry will take time to develope. NDSU has seemed like an opponent that you have to respect especially in football. Beating NDSU in any sport is quality. I think you will find people don't know anymore about Fargo and GF then most Nodaks know about Brookings and Vermillion. There seems to be a distance factor.

Bisonguy
05-26-2006, 10:44 PM
What's wrong with Brookings?

Nothing. I kid! I kid!!

I should have thrown a bunch of smilies on my previous post, but I was in a hurry. :'(

DIBISON
05-27-2006, 04:34 AM
There has been a rivalry in men's basketball for a good 5-6 years at least!!

Bisonguy
05-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes there has. :)

SDSUFAN
05-27-2006, 10:41 PM

The basketball rivalry would maybe go back further than 5-6 years, I think Irv put some good teams on the floor. *They seem to play good in Brookings as I recall. Irv never got his 20 wins and often ended up 19-9. I enjoyed his teams, and after getting schlacked in football, a win in Men's BB meant something to me. Biliter, Ray G and Greg M also put good teams on the floor too so. In Brookings this game as drawn a good crowd for several years and if SDSU men's program gets back on its feet, the crowds will grow.

After Amy's long run with the D2, champs beating the bison women has also been a big deal. A SDSU win over NDSU in women's bb has also meant more particularily in more recent years.

I just hope we can continue to play tough in football and win in Fargo. That last time SDSU won in Fargo, was in 1963. I was an undergrad student at the time. That tells you something about my age.

sambini
05-28-2006, 02:56 AM
I like Brookings its the home of Bison great Chad Stark. Grand Forks has only the RED PEPPER. CUBBYS IS GOOD++++++++++++++

SDSUFAN
05-28-2006, 04:19 AM
I like Brookings its the home of Bison great Chad Stark. Grand Forks has only the RED PEPPER. CUBBYS IS GOOD++++++++++++++

Chad was great athlete and dang I wish he had stayed in Brookings. His whole family are great people as best I can tell. Chad lost his dad very suddenly maybe two years ago. I knew dad somewhat through other friends, he seemed like a great guy.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
05-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Maybe we should not show sympathy to those who live in Brookings......seems to me they fared much better in the overall scheme of things......with less $

lakesbison
05-30-2006, 02:29 PM
thanks for the CUBBY"s advice... Perhaps the Bison Attire will make me look a tad more UPPER CLASS.... ha ha.... Im sure there will be some Extreme Jealousy over us beating WISCONSIN by the way...

NOT A DESTINATION.. a FORCED STAYOVER FOR BUSINESS>. haha..

What's the odds of finding a hot lady in that town in June?? 5% ??

broke_back_mnt
05-30-2006, 02:39 PM
What about Rays Corner. *Isnt that the bar with the NCC helmets? *What about the place with the great hamburgers. *Is that Whities? *Downtown Brookings is fun.

Rabbitlivinginverm
06-01-2006, 03:39 AM
Cubby's--Great sports bar; many, many TV's.

Ray's Corner--yep, it has helmets from the NCC days. It is THE place to be following FB games. Nice Jackrabbit logo on your way to the restroom. Lots of locals.

Jim's Tap--If you want a stiff drink, this is the place. I frequented this bar more than any other during my college days. Excellent courtyard attached to the back of the bar. When the sun goes down, snuggle up to the fire and vodka sour.

Skinner's--Another great bar in Brookings. Plenty of different beers to choose from and the best courtyard out of all the bars.

Latern Lounge--Just around the corner. Good college bar. Not sure how happening it will be now that school is out.

Safari Lounge--Not sure if much happens there anymore.

Chevy's--If you like Nascar, this is your place. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the place. The owner of Cubby's recently bought it so it may have improved.

If I were back it town, I'd hit up Cubby's, Ray's, Jim's and Skinners. All great bars. Have fun. :)

rabidrabbit
06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
What about Rays Corner. *Isnt that the bar with the NCC helmets? *What about the place with the great hamburgers. *Is that Whities? *Downtown Brookings is fun.

Nick's is still selling their infamously delicious, deep-fat fried hamburgers? Have a great painting showing Brookings main ave (Streets are E-W, Ave's N-S)

It's been 5 years since in Brookings. Where's Cubby's?

SiouxFallsJack
06-04-2006, 10:40 PM

Nick's is still selling their infamously delicious, deep-fat fried hamburgers? *Have a great painting showing Brookings main ave *(Streets are E-W, Ave's N-S)

It's been 5 years since in Brookings. *Where's Cubby's?

Next door to Jims.

lakesbison
09-15-2006, 03:01 AM
Will this even be a rivalry this year??

I mean. wisc lacrosse.. ick!!

dam.!!

sambini
09-15-2006, 04:35 AM
++++++++++++++++

ndsubison
09-16-2006, 03:29 PM
If they could only learn to play football, we might be able to create a rivalry :o ::) ;D ;)

Tracker
09-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Does SDSU have a message board? If they do how does one go about finding how to get it?

Rabbitlivinginverm
09-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Does SDSU have a message board? *If they do how does one go about finding how to get it?

Tracker, here you go:

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl