PDA

View Full Version : St. Cloud State Pres Resiging

BisonBacker
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM
I find this quote quite interesting

"He has worked nationally to rid college athletic teams of nicknames that could be offensive to American Indians. Saigo got the NCAA, which has oversight of college athletic programs, to issue a report about nicknames. Teams that don’t change names can face penalties".

Here's the link to the article.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060918/NEWS01/109180065

Looks like the whioux's thorn wasn't that far away after all. Hopefully his successor will continue the good work ;D

sambini
09-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Interesting++++++++

IowaBisonToo
09-19-2006, 02:02 PM
As an alum, I was somewhat glad that he resigned. *He and his people have turned that place into a peace, love and happiness hippy, sit-in type of a school - not the same one when I was there and it makes me ill. *Maybe this occured prior to his coming to SCSU. *IMHO - he didn't even come close to the leadership that Brendan J McDonald showed the school. *After all, McDonald was SCSU's Chapman. *He's the one that advocated the jump to DI hockey - a team I follow as closely as I do Bison Football. *Hope they find somebody on par with Chapman!!!

On a side note, I did like the fact that Saigo and his culture gave UND a tremendous amount of grief about the whole nickname issue. ;) *