PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma fiasco

IowaBisonToo
09-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Anybody see the fiasco that is going on with the University of Oklahoma after the game against Oregon? The president thinks the game shouldn't be counted in the record books. I think that Oklahoma got screwed but to pull that type of comment out of your rear is pretty lame. Kind of reminds me of a certain president to the north. ::)

BisonBacker
09-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Maybe they are related :D

trams86
09-20-2006, 04:13 PM
It's not the 1st time a school has been screwed by an officials call. Oklahoma had plenty of oppertunities to put Oregon away but didnt. They should be pointing thier finger at themselves.

84grad
09-20-2006, 04:13 PM
How many PAC-10 officials does it take to change a light bulb? None, they screw Sooners, NOT light bulbs.

OrygunBison
09-20-2006, 08:09 PM
As a fan of the Green and Gold - Bison AND Duck (not the Packers, tho) - I'm just glad that the Ducks got the 'W'. It's an unfortunate way to win the game, though. If anyone saw the game, though, it could've gone either way. (not the call, the game)

I'm still a little fuzzy on the rules, though. If the call would've been corrected by replay, wouldn't they have had to re-kick and gotten another chance? Everybody keeps saying that the ball would've gone to the Sooners. Maybe I'm wrong...

Poor re-play official lives here in Portland and is still getting death threats for him and his family. I wouldn't blame him if he ended his officiating career and went into hiding.

Nobody wins in a situation like this.

IowaBisonToo
09-20-2006, 08:50 PM
It's pretty sad when the biggest thing you have to worry about in your life is whether or not your football team won last weekend. So they lost, GET OVER IT! People make mistakes. For a person (OK fans I'm speaking of here) to call an official and threaten his and his families lives is pure childish and completely wrong. I hope they find these people and throw them in the gray-bar hotel for a year or so. Maybe they'll come to the revelation that football is just a game.

broke_back_mnt
09-21-2006, 01:07 AM
I hear that IowaBisonToo. They should use the astrisk like we use for the Delta State fiasco. 8-)

sambini
09-21-2006, 03:13 AM
IOWA BISON YOU ARE RIGHT ON++++++++++

ndsubison
09-22-2006, 09:22 PM
It's pretty sad when the biggest thing you have to worry about in your life is whether or not your football team won last weekend. *So they lost, GET OVER IT! *People make mistakes. *For a person (OK fans I'm speaking of here) to call an official and threaten his and his families lives is pure childish and completely wrong. *I hope they find these people and throw them in the gray-bar hotel for a year or so. *Maybe they'll come to the revelation that football is just a game.

The fact that Orygun *won the game simply means that, by season's end, they'll be going to the Dorito's dot com Bowl instead of the Auto Zone Spark Plug Sponsored By US Bank Bowl. That's all. Real teams settle it with a playoff system. Amen. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

broke_back_mnt
09-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Actually, I would rather go to the Dorito's dot com bowl than the DI-AA playoffs, but what do I know? We have never been to either. I hope Coach Bohl, and he is in a tight spot, can get to one or the other.

ndsubison
09-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Actually, I would rather go to the Dorito's dot com bowl than the DI-AA playoffs, but what do I know? *We have never been to either. *I hope Coach Bohl, and he is in a tight spot, can get to one or the other.

JBB, what in the hell are you smoking? :-? :-? :-? If you're a fan of the BCS then just admit it. Hell, I myself am a Michigan Wolverine but that's beside the point. Really, I wanna know what you got in your pipe brutha.

sambini
09-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Its time for the Sooner Nation to move on.