PDA

View Full Version : USD / Other DII's Move to DI

SDbison
09-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Here is an article from the Sioux City newpaper where the writer is sure USD will make the move and mostly likely Augi too? WTF! Says Augi will go non-scholarship in DI-AA football. Have to note the ignorance of the writer too. He states USD and Augi are going DI in all sports except football. Like DI-AA is not DI? Also, apparently schools in this part of the country must believe a blue ribbon panel is the end all to research and make a decision (although the writer does say USD has already made the decision). What a bunch of foolish followers. Because these schools have not done their homework the results will be financial woes and competitive struggles. http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2006/09/21/sports/sports/97ef9c04fbf2c0db862571f0000049f5.txt

IowaBisonToo
09-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Not sure if Allspach knows what the hell he's talking about. Well, if it's true that both schools ARE moving (how he knows that is beyond me), it will be good for UND. At least they'll have somebody to play in independent hell. Oh wait, that's right, they're not going if they don't have a conference invite. I forgot. ::) ;D

broke_back_mnt
09-22-2006, 01:12 PM
I thought we were going to get them into the GWFC and the Mid Con next year as affiliates and then full membership the following year? I thought the two lonely fans that go from game to game and make friends wherever they go had sealed the deal. North Dakota, and now South Dakota, need this. The fans deserve it. Everybody in the state wants to see them play. Brings it tear to me eye it does! I cant imagine a lovelier story in which to find redemption. ::)

broke_back_mnt
09-22-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm sorry Bin. I guess I have a cold heart toward "The Renewal". 8-)

BisonBacker
09-22-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry Bin. *I guess I have a cold heart toward "The Renewal". * 8-)

Your not alone in that 8-)

IowaBison
09-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Maybe there will be a rivalry between UND and SDSU.

According to a number of UND fans, SDSU is in dire straights financially and unwanted (somebody better tell the Mid-Con).

89rabbit
09-23-2006, 01:16 AM

According to a number of UND fans, SDSU is in dire straights financially and unwanted (somebody better tell the Mid-Con).

No kidding . *. *. *

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060812/SPORTS0202/608120322/1002/SPORTS

Mid-Con site visit a hit
Conference members 'pleased' with SDSU's facilities, academics

Chris Solari
csolari@argusleader.com
August 12, 2006

BROOKINGS -- Peggy Miller and Fred Oien could barely contain their smiles.

One by one, the seven Mid-Continent Conference leaders took their turn gushing about South Dakota State on Friday evening. They said they were moved by the passion of the community and campus for Jackrabbit athletics, and admitted being "jealous" of the school's funding model and overall academic make-up.

Most of all, they couldn't seem to mention enough about "how pleased" they were with the visit. *. *. *. *(read more)

It is too bad that all the Mid-Con got to do was look at our books and ask our administration questions about our finical viability as a D-I school. *If only they would have had some UND fans to tell them the "truth" about our finical situation. *Oh well I guess they are stuck with us now. * ;) ;D

I have seen some dumb things on the Sioux board but that has to rank up there with one of the dumbest.

Go State! *:)

Bisonguy
09-23-2006, 02:20 AM

No kidding . . .

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060812/SPORTS0202/608120322/1002/SPORTS

Mid-Con site visit a hit

Chris Solari
csolari@argusleader.com
August 12, 2006

One by one, the seven Mid-Continent Conference leaders took their turn gushing about South Dakota State on Friday evening. They said they were moved by the passion of the community and campus for Jackrabbit athletics, and admitted being "jealous" of the school's funding model and overall academic make-up.

Most of all, they couldn't seem to mention enough about "how pleased" they were with the visit. . . . (read more)

It is too bad that all the Mid-Con got to do was look at our books and ask our administration questions about our finical viability as a D-I school. If only they would have had some UND fans to tell them the "truth" about our finical situation. Oh well I guess they are stuck with us now. ;) ;D

I have seen some dumb things on the Sioux board but that has to rank up there with one of the dumbest.

Go State! :)

ROFLMAO- Whatever silly rabbit. ::)

We'll see who's laughing when NDSU and UND (the first year of DI transition) get invites into the Big Sky due to secret meetings between UND and the Big Sky, and SDSU is left without a conference, errrrrr, I mean we'll see who's laughing when the Big Sky extends UND an invitation because a school in Canada is seeking NCAA membership. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When all you have is speculation and conjecture, some pretty stupid things can be said. :)

DIBISON
09-23-2006, 05:36 AM

No kidding . *. *. *

Mid-Con site visit a hit

Chris Solari
csolari@argusleader.com
August 12, 2006

Most of all, they couldn't seem to mention enough about "how pleased" they were with the visit. *. *. *. *(read more)

It is too bad that all the Mid-Con got to do was look at our books and ask our administration questions about our finical viability as a D-I school. *If only they would have had some UND fans to tell them the "truth" about our finical situation. *Oh well I guess they are stuck with us now. * ;) ;D

Go State! *:)

++++++++++++++

sambini
09-23-2006, 06:43 AM
+++++++++++

Tatanka
09-23-2006, 03:10 PM
I'll stick to only two. Don't want to wear out the plus key.

++

:D

IowaBisonToo
09-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Here's a little blurb from the Sioux City Journal today by Allspach - the same guy who wrote about the USD/Augie move to DI. *Not bad! :) *Didn't know Rochy was at M'side.

"It's been, well, a bit of a rocky start to former Morningside assistant Rocky Hager's first season as head coach at Division I-AA Northeastern University in Brookline, Mass.

Hager, a M'side aide in 1980, moved up the coaching ladder from Our Town, eventually guiding North Dakota State fortunes for 10 seasons, winning two NCAA Division II national titles in the process.

He was let go at NDSU and was an assistant at Division I-A Temple prior to landing the Northeastern job.

Two weeks ago, Hager returned to Fargo, but his team was beaten by the Bison 23-10, The Huskies lost their opener to Virginia Tech (38-0), beat Holy Cross and were spanked by James Madison (52-14) Saturday.

North Dakota State put a feather in its relatively new I-AA cap Saturday by stunning I-A Ball State in Muncie, Ind. Ball State has also lost to Indiana and Purdue of the Big Ten and still has to play Michigan."

lonelygriz
09-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Maybe UND will magically pull a rabbit out of a hat in order to afford D-I!!!!!

broke_back_mnt
09-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey now! ;D We have had a rivalry with SDSU for about a hundred years. The only thing magical is where did that rock marker come from? 8-)

bisonranch
10-01-2006, 12:27 AM

They're going to do more than afford it, they're going to join your conference and beat you for the conference championship every year! ;)

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:06 AM
I thought UND was already in the Big Sky. ;) That isn't NDSU's conference. The Bison play in the top I-AA conference in rankings the Great West.

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 02:06 AM

They're going to do more than afford it, they're going to join your conference and beat you for the conference championship every year! * ;)

'your' conference is the same as mine as yours. lonelygiz is another persona of buffalobill.

bisonranch
10-01-2006, 03:47 AM

They're going to do more than afford it, they're going to join your conference and beat you for the conference championship every year! * ;)

'your' conference is the same as mine as yours. lonelygiz is another persona of buffalobill.

Whoops....not hanging around enough lately and my eyes read an 'r' into lonelygiz.

kchats
10-01-2006, 03:49 AM
South Dakota found out about I-AA tonight getting pounded 24-0 by a transitioning (first year in the transition) Central Arkansas team.

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 04:24 AM

Whoops....not hanging around enough lately and my eyes read an 'r' into lonelygiz.

There is an 'r' in it, I just didn't type it correctly above. :-[

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 04:55 AM
I thought UND was already in the Big Sky. ;) *That isn't NDSU's conference. *The Bison play in the top I-AA conference in rankings the Great West.

Isn't the Big Sky the conference with 2 doormats now......? I think they went shopping and got a second doormat..... ;D

sambini
10-01-2006, 11:51 AM
How many doormats do they need?

kchats
10-01-2006, 03:59 PM
I thought UND was already in the Big Sky. ;) *That isn't NDSU's conference. *The Bison play in the top I-AA conference in rankings the Great West.

Isn't the Big Sky the conference with 2 doormats now......? *I think they went shopping and got a second doormat..... ;D

Yeah Northern Colorado joining the Big Sky served two purposes lowering the Big Sky's strength and raising the Great West's strength.

Doormats in the Big Sky are Sac State, Northern Colorado with Weber State right there as well.

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Its probably going to be Augi and Und into the Sky anyway. *Probably one of the Canadian schools too. *

It was scrawled on a gas stations bathroom wall in Hillsboro. *8-)

kchats
10-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Would that be the University of Montreal? I know that is exactly what they are looking for as part of the Big Sky geographical footprint. ;)

I heard Doug Fullerton was out speaking at some of the universities they will be considering for expansion. Word has it he told most of the schools they were a shoo in and if the Big Sky had to they would evict the Montana schools to make room for them. He then met with the current members of the Big Sky and said none of the schools we are considering fit our geographical footprint. Let's only do a phone conference and have less than the required number to make a decision and state NDSU will not be considered while considering nobody else. ;)

Notice how the Big Sky meeting is completely unimportant now that NDSU and SDSU are in the Mid Con? Now we hear of the Gateway which would be a great thing for NDSU and SDSU. When WKU goes I-A the Bison and Jacks join the Gateway have 8 conference games and only need three out of conference games. The three out of conference games in my opinion should be Cal Poly, UC Davis and a I-A game.

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 05:14 PM
I guess the BSC went down on the attention meter now that we dont need them. They looked good when they were the only alternative but as the Mid Con emerged I adapted easily.

I agree totally that if the Gateway options matures we should try and keep the growing rivalries with the GWFC schools. Of course we may still be in the GWFC for a long time, which is fine with me.

I wish the und people best of luck with the BSC and hope they get in. Lots of easy wins a couple tough games, looks a lot like the old NCC that way.

sambini
10-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Simon Frazier the Canadian school. We played them in 1981.

land_grant_bison
10-03-2006, 03:18 AM
I hope that usd goes d1 because I like to see that symmetry and balance throughout the dakotas. As for augui I couldn't care any less than I do right now, but I hope that's where the d1 jumping stops. I don't want to watch st cloud, mankato or omaha; it's time for some fresh blood.