PDA

View Full Version : Marauder's big win

4mcruenomore
10-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Big win at Bemidji
Sandy looked awesome at QB, program is starting to take shape
Jai Shaun White is f'n awesome, that guy can hit, too bad he doesn't wear a Bison jersey, he'd be a good compliment to Mays and Dahl, no doubt there.
They have totally turned this season around, they shouldn't lose another game, IMHO.
http://i12.tinypic.com/47juel0.jpg

4mcruenomore
10-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Sioux didn't want any part of this team right now, IMFO

broke_back_mnt
10-09-2006, 05:01 PM
How far do they have to go before they can make a trip to Fargo? If CSP drew 16,000 this game would come close to a sell out, especially if they were good.

MinotBison
10-09-2006, 09:26 PM
How far do they have to go before they can make a trip to Fargo? *If CSP drew 16,000 this game would come close to a sell out, especially if they were good.

I think they will be playing the school up north before they will be coming to Fargo. That is, if the school up north will play them to begin with.

broke_back_mnt
10-09-2006, 10:24 PM
For us, if they could at least challenge like CSP, it would be a great rivalry. We could get our extra 2,500 seats sold and make friends in Bismarck.

Hey, if they could do well it might even run for more than a year or two.

BisBison
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
For us, if they could at least challenge like CSP, it would be a great rivalry. *We could get our extra 2,500 seats sold and make friends in Bismarck. *

Hell they don't even get 2,500 for their home games. Except maybe for homecoming.

MinotBison
10-09-2006, 10:36 PM
For us, if they could at least challenge like CSP, it would be a great rivalry. *We could get our extra 2,500 seats sold and make friends in Bismarck. *

Hell they don't even get 2,500 for their home games. Except maybe for homecoming.

Does their place even hold 2,500? C-SP beat Mary earlier in the year in Bismarck by 3, 22-19.

broke_back_mnt
10-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Its tough to say how many they draw, the NSIC doesnt have any stats up for them. Shows zeros all the way down the line. CSP averages 1,790 or something like that. But hey, we could sell the extra seats. Big game, big time in Fargo. There may be 2,500 or more Bismarck folks in Fargo on any given weekend anyway.

4mcruenomore
10-09-2006, 11:23 PM
"The Bowl" holds about 6,000. Only times I've seen it remotely full is when they had DSU come to town. They gave CSP a good run, and should have pulled it out. They also had St Cloud under control but depth got to them late 3rd quarter and they couldn't run with the "bigger" school. I feel like there would be more support here, but there just isn't much promotion. People "just don't know" what it's all about. And like I've said before, Bis is a huge UND town, heck, when you go to Texas Roadhouse and there's a huge Sioux Hockey logo painted mural in the bar, go figure...

bisonranch
10-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Bis is a huge UND town,

I'll respecfully disagree with the 'huge' part. Mary going DII hasn't been a big story in the news though. Kind of pathetic when there's been so much DII tradition with the U's in the east. Too big into high school sports in Bis. There's not enough college coverage at all. Not enough people know what good football is here evident by the lack if coverage of the Bison.

broke_back_mnt
10-10-2006, 04:08 AM
Bismarck is the perfect D2 town. *It was just a matter of time. *Ill bet Dickenson will be back on their schedule. *Big game in Bismarck. *Maybe NDSU in Fargo? *Why not? *Id like to see them at the full 36 scholarships though. *But, they are in the NSIC so 21 for sure.

They have the coverage with KFYR. *It would be good to have the KFYR announcers and the Bismarck press and media in the Fabulous Fargo Dome covering the big game. *It would be a good time for North Dakota.

Maybe in a year or two, when they have a chance to get their legs under them?

westriverbison
10-10-2006, 04:25 AM
They are a loooooooooooooooong way from the Bison.