PDA

View Full Version : Shortfall up North?

bincitysioux
10-25-2006, 02:27 AM
I just thought Bisonville's 3 resident good samaritans (JBB, kchats, and BisonBacker) that displayed so much genuine concern for the finances of the University of North Dakota would like to know that UND Athletics has a balanced budget. 8-)

Intercollegiate Athletic Committee (http://www.und.edu/org/iac/IAC09-27-06.htm)

Budget: Tom Buning reported that Athletics started FY06 with a $700,000 projected deficit. With personnel cuts, cuts in operating budgets and stronger than expected revenues from REA, Athletics finished the year with a balanced budget. A realistic budget is in place for FY07.

kchats
10-25-2006, 03:29 AM
Good for UND. Maybe the taxpayers won't have to bail you out after all on that matter. I'm sure UND will think of another way to get extra taxpayer money though. ;)

imabison
10-25-2006, 03:37 AM
I just thought Bisonville's 3 resident good samaritans (JBB, kchats, and BisonBacker) that displayed so much genuine concern for the finances of the University of North Dakota would like to know that UND Athletics has a balanced budget. 8-)

Budget: Tom Buning reported that Athletics started FY06 with a $700,000 projected deficit. With personnel cuts, cuts in operating budgets and stronger than expected revenues from REA, Athletics finished the year with a balanced budget. A realistic budget is in place for FY07.

The main point should be that they denied every having a budget deficit publicly. Lying to the public is a GREAT way to start their D1-AA reclassification.

84grad
10-25-2006, 01:05 PM
With the need to cut personnel costs and operating costs just to break even with a Division II budget, how will they break even with a Division I budget???

Bison_Dan
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
With the need to cut personnel costs and operating costs just to break even with a Division II budget, how will they break even with a Division I budget???

There talking about raising the student fees. :o

IowaBisonToo
10-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Let's see, 10,000 students at $100 fee increase each and that only gives them $1,000,000. Where's the rest coming from?

bincitysioux
10-25-2006, 04:45 PM

Perhaps when the time comes they'll get an "eleventh hour donor" like NDSU did last year so that they were able to break even! ;)

roadwarrior
10-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Well finally we have the answer to this supposed shortfall. Can we STOP talking about it now?

southpaw
10-25-2006, 05:30 PM

A realistic budget is in place for FY07.

bincitysioux
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Well finally we have the answer to this supposed shortfall. *Can we STOP talking about it now?

I concur

IowaBison
10-25-2006, 06:08 PM

I think you missed me on that list, bincity.

While I haven't seen the books personally, I'll bet dollars to donuts that the University moved 650k from one pot to another pot to 'balance' the budget retroactive to June 30, 2006 in the past couple of months.

southpaw
10-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I just thought Bisonville's 3 resident good samaritans (JBB, kchats, and BisonBacker) that displayed so much genuine concern for the finances of the University of North Dakota would like to know that UND Athletics has a balanced budget. * 8-)

I think you missed me on that list, bincity.

While I haven't seen the books personally, *I'll bet dollars to donuts that the University moved 650k from one pot to another pot to 'balance' the budget retroactive to June 30, 2006 in the past couple of months.

of course. there's no way the school could actually do this without some backhanded, behind the scenes money management. und is so helpless, i'm surprised they've been able to stay open this many years with their history of severe budget problems. ::)

WYOBISONMAN
10-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Enough.....this is making my head hurt!