PDA

View Full Version : Poly Battles the Mountain West on Saturday....

WYOBISONMAN
10-24-2006, 11:58 AM
The game to watch on Saturday will be Cal Poly against San Diego State University. Cal Poly travels to San Diego to take on the Aztecs in a DI-A/DI-AA clash. A win at San Diego will propel Poly upwards in the polls and set the stage for a classic match up in Fargo on November 11th when Poly comes to town to challenge the Bison in Great West Conference action!

broke_back_mnt
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I hope your right Wyo, last time we traveled down there we got hammered.

SloStang
10-24-2006, 03:12 PM
I hope your right Wyo, last time we traveled down there we got hammered. *
They way both teams are playing right now, I would say the Bison have a good chance of returning the favor in Fargo this year. Great game by the Bison this week in a tough lost to Big 10 UM. 380 yards offense and holding UM to 249 and dominating the time of possesion. The people in the polls noticed. Very rarely does a team lose a game and not drop. Not only did the Bison not drop, but they jumped three places up. I had the Bison number 4 in my AGS poll. It is a shame that you are not playoff eligible. I think if you run the table this year, the NCAA may rethink the five year transition period.

The Mustangs went the other way and had a complete melt down against SDSU. I hope the Mustangs right the ship this week. The problem with the Mustangs is that they are playing not to lose and not openning up the offense. Last year they bounced back after tough loses at Montana and Davis to make a run for the playoffs. I hope they can do the same this year. This weekend will go a long way to show the character of this team.

Bison_Dan
10-24-2006, 03:31 PM
I hope your right Wyo, last time we traveled down there we got hammered. *
They way both teams are playing right now, I would say the Bison have a good chance of returning the favor in Fargo this year. *Great game by the Bison this week in a tough lost to Big 10 UM. *380 yards offense and holding UM to 249 and dominating the time of possesion. *The people in the polls noticed. *Very rarely does a team lose a game and not drop. *Not only did the Bison not drop, but they jumped three places up. *I had the Bison number 4 in my AGS poll. *It is a shame that you are not playoff eligible. *I think if you run the table this year, the NCAA may rethink the five year transition period.

The Mustangs went the other way and had a complete melt down against SDSU. *I hope the Mustangs right the ship this week. *The problem with the Mustangs is that they are playing not to lose and not openning up the offense. *Last year they bounced back after tough loses at Montana and Davis to make a run for the playoffs. *I hope they can do the same this year. *This weekend will go a long way to show the character of this team.

Beat Montana baby! ;D ;D

Gamehunter
10-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Hopefully Poly can win all their remaining games except at the Fargodome ;)

BisonBacker
10-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I think Poly would have to win out to make the playoffs.

WYOBISONMAN
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
I suspect if the only loss they suffer is to the Bison they will still make the post season. Any more than that and they are in trouble.

sambini
10-24-2006, 11:06 PM
GOOD LUCK POLY THIS WEEKEND. DO US PROUD........

SloStang
10-25-2006, 04:40 AM
I suspect if the only loss they suffer is to the Bison they will still make the post season. *Any more than that and they are in trouble.
Cal Poly needs to win two of the next three games and then win big against Savanah State and they should be in. That is a tall order but I have not lost faith in the Mustangs, only frustrated about the loss to SDSU. I learn last year when I wrote Cal Poly off after losing to Montana and Davis in back weekends then won a big game the following week over EWU and rolled on to the playoffs. I am hoping they can do it again this year. I think of the next three games the Bison is looking to be the toughest of the three. That saying something about NDSU when the other two are a I-A team and Montana.

Good luck against SUU this weekend. If the Bison play up to their ability the game will be over early. I am already a Bison fan, but will be an even bigger one if you take down Davis in two weeks. Go Bison.

sambini
10-25-2006, 05:14 AM
A game at a time Slo Stang.

SloStang
10-26-2006, 04:16 AM
A game at a time Slo Stang.
Good advice.

Go Poly, beat the Aztecs.

Go Bison, beat the T-Birds.

sambini
10-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Thanks Slo Stang. Are you going to be in Fargo this year?

SloStang
10-26-2006, 05:10 AM
Thanks Slo Stang. Are you going to be in Fargo this year?
I wish I were. *My wife gave me only one hall pass for an out of state game this and my group out voted me and we are headed to Missoula this year. *I plan on being there in 2008. *How about you, are you planning a trip to SLO next year?

insane_ponderer
10-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Cal-Poly up late 16-14 with a little over a minute left to play

Go Stangs.

insane_ponderer
10-29-2006, 02:12 AM
:37 seconds left San Diego 4th and 6 at the Poly 30

insane_ponderer
10-29-2006, 02:12 AM
and San Diego misses the field goal....Poly wins it.