PDA

View Full Version : Draw your own conclusions

BisonBacker
11-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Very interesting article and given all the proposed move ups this article and those who are moving up just don't make sense. UNC seems to have gotten a lot of attention most not good.
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20061031/UNC_SPORTS09/110310115
Also points out what many have been saying here about finances and what those who are planning on moving up have deemed as unjustified concerns. Interesting stuff anyway.

westriverbison
11-01-2006, 07:03 PM
NDSU has benefitted from good planning, great booster support, good coaching, and the right mix of student atheletes that have disipline on and off the field. Good planning brings good luck, and we have had more than our share of balls bounce our way also.

insane_ponderer
11-01-2006, 07:56 PM
I believe it was Louis Pasteur who said "Chance favors the prepared mind."

I would definitely have to say that NDSU's collective mind was prepared to make this move. We didn't have a conference lined up, but we went out and succeeded on the field, in the classroom, new programs, new buildings we willed success and it worked.

WYOBISONMAN
11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
I find it goofy that Fullerton would make the statement.......

Big Sky Conference Commissioner Doug Fullerton met with a strong UNC contingent last week and offered ways to absorb some of the financial burden the Bears face. The athletic department is $536,000 in debt, and teams are struggling in their first season in the Big Sky Conference.

But yet Montana, a flagship of the Big Sky, solved its own budget problem. Fullerton is nuts......I put that comment on egriz and it seems to have caused quite a stir..... Associate Commish Jon Kasper even responded to it...... ;D Why the hell Fullerton would ever say that to the Greely paper is beyond me......

Here is the linky.....

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=19503&start=0

Scooter
11-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Boy, those guys on EGriz seam to think that the Big Sky really screwed up when they chose to add a whipping boy to the conference as opposed to adding NDSU and SDSU. *They sound kind of pissed off about the whole thing. *

On thing I can't understand is how they feel the Gateway will be just waiting for UND to grace them with their presence when they are finally ready to pull the trigger on this D1 move. *That's what I would want, a school that won't be ready for post season for....... ???
Maybe the secret meetings at the Hillsboro Cenex/Burgerking bathroom really are happening. :-?

sambini
11-02-2006, 02:37 AM
THE Gateway WILL BE GREAT.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-05-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm sure that they are kicking themselves big-time around the BSC now that NDSU and SDSU are doing well and UNC seems to have hit a bit of a rough patch. However, despite this and the fact that I was pretty dejected when we weren't admitted into the BSC, I think that the Mid-Con/Gateway set up is actually going to be better for us in the long-run. If it ever comes to a point where it is advantagous for us to no longer have these conferences I'm sure the Big Sky wouldn't miss a shot at us a second time. It would have been fun to be in a conference with the Montana schools, but I'm psyched about our new conference(s).

broke_back_mnt
11-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Montana State barely got by UNC yesterday.

BisonBacker
11-06-2006, 02:02 AM
I'm sure that they are kicking themselves big-time around the BSC now that NDSU and SDSU are doing well and UNC seems to have hit a bit of a rough patch. *However, despite this and the fact that I was pretty dejected when we weren't admitted into the BSC, I think that the Mid-Con/Gateway set up is actually going to be better for us in the long-run. *If it ever comes to a point where it is advantagous for us to no longer have these conferences I'm sure the Big Sky wouldn't miss a shot at us a second time. *It would have been fun to be in a conference with the Montana schools, but I'm psyched about our new conference(s).

Hold the boat there, I and many others have been hyped about this Gateway possibility but it has not happend yet. I think its important that we not forget that, I know I for one don't want to relive the BSC fiasco and the Gateway's presidents still haven't even voted on this so....
Keeping my fingers crossed for the Gateway.