PDA

View Full Version : UND Injunction Granted

Snoop-a-Loop
11-12-2006, 07:01 PM
The Judge in the UND case granted the preliminary injunction in favor of UND and against the NCAA. They are now elgible to host playoff games until the trial is held.

DenverBison05
11-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Well Lakes can put his guns away now ;D

kchats
11-12-2006, 07:09 PM
That judge just so happens to be a UND graduate. Impartial??? :-X

Hammersmith
11-12-2006, 07:10 PM
However, the playoff selection committee shafted them by dropping them to #3 seed. They don't get a bye and after a home game against Winona St., they'll probably be on the road against UNO(who beat them once already) and Grand Valley St. They are not very happy over on siouxsports.com.

Bisonguy
11-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Looks like UND has been welcomed to the wonderful world of DII playoff politics that NDSU was at the receiving end of for so many years. *::)

kchats
11-12-2006, 07:23 PM
If they were getting the NDSU treatment they wouldn't get any home games.

Bisonguy
11-12-2006, 07:26 PM
If they were getting the NDSU treatment they wouldn't get any home games.

True.

kchats
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM
If you remember the Bison beat all the teams ranked above them on the road only to have the rankings shifted around to make sure they didn't get a home game. That is the Bison treatment.

Tatanka
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
When I think of the Bison Treatment, I think kitty litter... >:(

It was only a matter of time before teh university felt the sting of getting jobbed by the man. Might as well get used to it. Next year won't be any different.

kchats
11-12-2006, 08:14 PM
That is what my previous post was about. Bison beat Northwest Missouri State (#1 at the time in the nation) on the road and UNO (#2 or #3 in the nation) on the road and they shuffle ratings to send NDSU to Delta State and the kitty litter. That is the Bison treatment. Remember after blowing out Northwest Missouri talk of a home game because they had beaten the top teams in the nation only to get the shaft without the KY.

TransAmBison
11-12-2006, 08:18 PM
That is what my previous post was about. *Bison beat Northwest Missouri State (#1 at the time in the nation) on the road and UNO (#2 or #3 in the nation) on the road and they shuffle ratings to send NDSU to Delta State and the kitty litter. *That is the Bison treatment. *Remember after blowing out Northwest Missouri talk of a home game because they had beaten the top teams in the nation only to get the shaft without the KY.
There was more to this story and every Bison knows about it. Sooner or later a fan from the school-that-must-not-be-named will bring it up. We would have had a home game if it wouldn't have been for a certain someone.

Tatanka
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
That is what my previous post was about. *Bison beat Northwest Missouri State (#1 at the time in the nation) on the road and UNO (#2 or #3 in the nation) on the road and they shuffle ratings to send NDSU to Delta State and the kitty litter. *That is the Bison treatment. *Remember after blowing out Northwest Missouri talk of a home game because they had beaten the top teams in the nation only to get the shaft without the KY.
There was more to this story and every Bison knows about it. *Sooner or later a fan from the school-that-must-not-be-named will bring it up. *We would have had a home game if it wouldn't have been for a certain someone.
As I recall, he had more than one first name. Hmm.

BisonBacker
11-13-2006, 04:06 AM
There was more to this story and every Bison knows about it. *Sooner or later a fan from the school-that-must-not-be-named will bring it up. *We would have had a home game if it wouldn't have been for a certain someone.
As I recall, he had more than one first name. *Hmm.
Yeah and he's getting his just rewards now as his job is crumbling around him. Couldn't be happeing to a bigger POS.

sambini
11-13-2006, 05:05 AM
The man who soon will have no teams to play in his league.

imabison
11-13-2006, 05:27 AM
However, the playoff selection committee shafted them by dropping them to #3 seed. They don't get a bye and after a home game against Winona St., they'll probably be on the road against UNO(who beat them once already) and Grand Valley St. They are not very happy over on siouxsports.com.

Hum, seems that it was said early on that school up north could make the NCAA angry by filing the lawsuit. Yes it is correct that the injunction came in their favor, obviously since the issue is in court.

But who would have thought the selection committee would lower them from number 2 to number three after they beat the number 4 school.

Yes it will very possibly mean only 1 home playoff game. Awww so sad.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-13-2006, 05:39 AM
I understand the desire to maintain tradition and the name, but let's be realistic, the Sioux need to either change their nickname or at the very least drop the "Fighting." I guess I don't see how they can justify not changing the name when the tribes, I believe find the name abusive and so does the NCAA.

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Wow they got shafted with that number 3 seed.........interesting.....

IowaBisonToo
11-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Yeah, they may have gotten shafted but, it serves them well. Teaches them a little humility - hopefully! Read a little of what they had to say over on the sewer network. They should be drowning in their tears right about now.

Personally, I know it won't happen but, I'd love to see Winona come into GF and win this first round game. But then UND would be bitching and coming up with excuses because their thoughts were on playing UNO and they should have had a first round bye and every other reason to bitch other than they didn't take care of business. Just what I'd like to see. ::)

BisonBacker
11-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Yeah, they may have gotten shafted but, it serves them well. *Teaches them a little humility - hopefully! *Read a little of what they had to say over on the sewer network. *They should be drowning in their tears right about now.

Personally, I know it won't happen but, I'd love to see Winona come into GF and win this first round game. *But then UND would be bitching and coming up with excuses because their thoughts were on playing UNO and they should have had a first round bye and every other reason to bitch other than they didn't take care of business. *Just what I'd like to see. ::)

That would be an early christmas present ;)

broke_back_mnt
11-13-2006, 03:39 PM

Exactly right. *He is just a generic figure up there, they are all like that. *Let them back on our schedule, let them in our league and you can relive all of that forever. *My advice:

STAY AWAY!!

extra points for the large font and caps? *;D ;D

BisonBacker
11-13-2006, 06:12 PM
It shouldn't matter anyway they can watch any out of town games on that miracle shopping channel network they have ;D ;D ;D

USA_Hockey
11-13-2006, 11:14 PM
It shouldn't matter anyway they can watch any out of town games on that miracle shopping channel network they have *;D ;D ;D

I'm sure NDSU would love to have their own sports network where they could broadcast all their basketball games, a few wrestling meets, and a few football games every year.

bisonranch
11-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I generally try not to have an opinion on this issue, but I think they should have gone to the tribes and asked what they need to do for their support. Maybe it's been done, but now may be too late.

And now for my lame monthly smack...

Judging from history, the only way they're going to change the name is if we change ours first. Back in the day when Flickertails was changed to Sioux, wasn't it because Sioux was a better apponent for Bison? If we changed to Saints, they'd be the Demons. If we were the Blaze, they'd be the Fire Trucks. See the pattern?

broke_back_mnt
11-14-2006, 01:12 AM
You are exactly right about why they changed to the unfortunate name. Honor the Tribe? Right.

Yea, we can control them by what we do!

TransAmBison
11-14-2006, 02:09 AM
I can't believe some people think this is about ol' RT. No..I'm talking about our old athletic director. Good ol' Bobby.

bincitysioux
11-14-2006, 02:16 AM
............If we were the Blaze, they'd be the Fire Trucks. *See the pattern?

Fire Trucks? I kind of like it. The Fighting Fire Trucks. I'll bet the NDSU student section could come up with another really witty variation. ;)

bincitysioux
11-14-2006, 02:17 AM
That judge just so happens to be a UND graduate. *Impartial??? :-X

Yes, Larry is a key cog in the vast UND conspiracy. ::)

TransAmBison
11-14-2006, 02:19 AM
That judge just so happens to be a UND graduate. *Impartial??? :-X

Yes, Larry is a key cog in the vast UND conspiracy. * ::)
I knew it!! :)

BisBison
11-14-2006, 02:20 AM

Fire Trucks? *I kind of like it. *The Fighting Fire Trucks. *I'll bet the NDSU student section could come up with another really witty variation. * ;)

LOL Bin. ;D ;D.

TransAmBison
11-14-2006, 02:23 AM

Fire Trucks? *I kind of like it. *The Fighting Fire Trucks. *I'll bet the NDSU student section could come up with another really witty variation. * ;)

LOL Bin. *;D ;D.
Personally, I think the Fighting Fire Trucks SUCK!!!!

Tatanka
11-14-2006, 02:26 AM
I can't believe some people think this is about ol' RT. *No..I'm talking about our old athletic director. *Good ol' Bobby.
Well, yes, him too, and the incident that shall not be named. Do you really think that TMWTFN is in the clear though? Didn't think so.

bincitysioux
11-14-2006, 02:37 AM

LOL Bin. *;D ;D.
Personally, I think the Fighting Fire Trucks SUCK!!!!

++++++

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-14-2006, 02:45 AM
I'm saying that across the boards from now on we refer to UND by our bisonville appointed name, the Fighting Fire Trucks. It will be hilarious.

bisonranch
11-14-2006, 03:34 AM

I can already think of a few words that rhyme :D

TheBisonator
11-14-2006, 04:31 AM
It shouldn't matter anyway they can watch any out of town games on that miracle shopping channel network they have *;D ;D ;D

I'm sure NDSU would love to have their own sports network where they could broadcast all their basketball games, a few wrestling meets, and a few football games every year. *

I'm sorry, I wish I could've posted a reply to your post earlier, but you see, I was too busy watching the Bison basketball team play the Gophers at Williams Arena on FSN North tonight.

southpaw
11-15-2006, 04:39 PM

I'm sure NDSU would love to have their own sports network where they could broadcast all their basketball games, a few wrestling meets, and a few football games every year. *

I'm sorry, I wish I could've posted a reply to your post earlier, but you see, I was too busy watching the Bison basketball team disgrace their school with one of the worst perfomances ever on FSN North tonight.

fixed your post