View Full Version : Attendance

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-19-2006, 02:16 AM
For the record, attendance at today's games:
NDSU vs. SDSU: 19,053
Fire Trucks vs. Winona State: 5,073

drewaely
11-19-2006, 03:16 AM
You forgot to mention that the Fire Trucks are in the playoffs... To be honest with you, I don't understand why GF wouldn't support their team... Sure, they were only playing Winona but WTF????

kchats
11-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Winona is a member of one of those low scholarship conferences that is destroying division II football. When the NCAA started giving teams in that conference more credit than teams with a loss or two in the NCC was when it started going down hill.

sambini
11-19-2006, 04:21 AM
fIRE TRUCKS NOW GO TO UNO? Nice effort by our fans in Fargo that was fantastic++++++++

DIBISON
11-19-2006, 05:23 AM
For the record, attendance at today's games:
NDSU vs. SDSU: 19,053
Fire Trucks vs. Winona State: 5,073

That is an absolute joke. There is no doubt NDSU football is THE event.

sambini
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Its a happening and a way of life. Fantastic effort saturday and thanks for the Jacks fans for coming up+++

broke_back_mnt
11-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Lack of interest might be something a little more fundamental up there? Not exactly a university or athletic program thats at peace with itself.

Our D2 game against the defending NSIC champs had over 16,000. That was more or less an exhibition game too. We would be pushing 350,000 if we had 21 home games!!!!! No doubt the biggest sporting scene in North Dakota is found in Fargo at the Fabulous Fargo Dome!!!

NDSUstudent
11-19-2006, 08:46 PM
UND-WSU attendance-5k
NDSU students at the CSP game-4k

And some argue UND's football program is equal to NDSU's ;D ;D ;D ;D

Shawn-O
11-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Lack of interest might be something a little more fundamental up there? *Not exactly a university or athletic program thats at peace with itself. *

Our D2 game against the defending NSIC champs had over 16,000. That was more or less an exhibition game too. *We would be pushing 350,000 if we had 21 home games!!!!! *No doubt the biggest sporting scene in North Dakota is found in Fargo at the Fabulous Fargo Dome!!!

http://premium1.uploadit.org/crazyspin77/stuartSmalley.jpg

;D ;D ;D

BisonBacker
11-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Lack of interest might be something a little more fundamental up there? Not exactly a university or athletic program thats at peace with itself. *

Our D2 game against the defending NSIC champs had over 16,000. That was more or less an exhibition game too. *We would be pushing 350,000 if we had 21 home games!!!!! *No doubt the biggest sporting scene in North Dakota is found in Fargo at the Fabulous Fargo Dome!!!

Boy you hit the nail on the head there JBB. I brought myself to go over to their site and just shook my head and at times laughed my ass off. Some of the comments are just hilarious and yet sickening. I had to get out off their site before I puked. I feel sorry for some of them but for the most part the rest deserve what they got. Dam I can't believe it took so many this long to figure it out and some still don't get it while others claim to be bigger and better then Fargo with claims of a planned outdoor 30,000 seat football stadium. I swear they must be smoking crack up there. The fighting fire trucks can't even draw 6 thousand and now they are going to build a 30,000 seat staduim? I can't help but laugh at the stupidity of some up there. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BisonBacker
11-19-2006, 09:56 PM
UND-WSU attendance-5k
NDSU students at the CSP game-4k

And some argue UND's football program is equal to NDSU's *;D ;D ;D ;D

They do that Million Man March Math up at the fighting fire trucks school.
1 person in the stands equals 10
I listened last week to Sports talk and a caller from GF called in and said he came down to Fargo to watch the Bison football game. The call was legit and I just felt sorry for the guy he sounded like he was in his 60's and a seasoned fan. He couldn't even bring himself to go to the und game in GF rather came to Fargo to watch some real football. Even though he was a und fan he obviously didin't go to school there, he was to smart to be a und grad ;D

Tatanka
11-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Last year when they only drew 6k for a playoff scrimmage against some other overmatched someone, all you heard was how the fact that the hockey team was away in Duluth and that's what killed attendance. Well, this year, if I'm correct, their hockey team was in Alaska, and their attendance was even lower. So much for that argument.
:P

My take: people voted with their butts. 19k+ in Fargo for a great game. <5100 in the tin shed (counting concession stand workers, photographers, and ushers to get over 5000, I'd bet) for whatever it is that passes for a football game up there. 'nuff said.

USA_Hockey
11-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Bisonbacker, you seem to be pretty obsesssed with that school up north. Also, I'm sure NDSU would love to draw 6,000 fans for their secondary sport.

BisonBacker
11-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Bisonbacker, you seem to be pretty obsesssed with that school up north. *Also, I'm sure NDSU would love to draw 6,000 fans for their secondary sport. *

Nice try but I haven't posted on those losers for a long time. *Obsessed, I don't think so, by the way who's board are you trolling? *Way too funny (also way too funny how you have to try to bring in hookey). *

Hambone
11-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Is there really a need for 3 threads on this subject??? :)

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Nice to see we are all adapting to UND's nickname (fighting fire trucks).

sambini
11-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Who came up with that name?

tony
11-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Is there really a need for 3 threads on this subject??? :)

Is there any reason for even one thread? :)

I'm going to be taking an extremely dim view of UND talk from this point on.

It gets really bad and really stupid in the off-season. I should say, it used to get really bad and really stupid.

RedRiver
11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Bisonbacker, you seem to be pretty obsesssed with that school up north. *Also, I'm sure NDSU would love to draw 6,000 fans for their secondary sport. *

It's a sad day when someone calls their college football team a secondary sport.

USA_Hockey
11-20-2006, 02:22 PM

It's a sad day when someone calls their college football team a secondary sport. *

There are two nationwide major sports, football and basketball. Every other sport for the most part is dominated regionally. Since UND and NDSU aren't in a basketball driven area, that pretty much throws that out as being a major sport at the school. Since this area is hockey driven area, UND's major sport is hockey, but NDSU doesn't have that, making their major sport football. I'm not trying to imply that if NDSU had hockey that would be the biggest sport, I'm just saying that UND has the extra sport. If UND didn't have hockey, their major sport would be football also. There are plenty of schools where football isn't their biggest sport. Basketball is by far the biggest sport at Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Michigan State, Indiana, Cincinatti, etc. Baseball is the biggest sport for many of the schools out west that don't have football. There are other DI schools where hockey takes over football or basketball, this includes Maine, New Hampshire, Boston College, Denver, Minnesota, Boston University, etc. So you see, although football reigns supreme in most places, it isn't the biggest sport everywhere.

RedRiver
11-20-2006, 04:12 PM

It's a sad day when someone calls their college football team a secondary sport. *

Since UND and NDSU aren't in a basketball driven area, that pretty much throws that out as being a major sport at the school. *

There are other DI schools where hockey takes over football or basketball, this includes Maine, New Hampshire, Boston College, Denver, Minnesota, Boston University, etc.

What a couple of ridiculous comments that make the author look like a ................!!

mikelsch
11-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Do you really think that hockey is bigger than football at Boston College? I doubt it.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Who came up with that name?

There was a discussion on one of the threads about UND's possible name change, and how supposedly (I say supposedly because I personally don't know) UND changed their name to the Sioux to make it a better name to compete with the Bison. Subsequently one of the examples given about UND's tendency to follow, was that if NDSU changed their mascot to the Blaze, UND would become the Fighting Fire Trucks to spite us. A few of us have just continued calling them that because it is moderately funny.

NDSUstudent
11-20-2006, 07:18 PM

There are two nationwide major sports, football and basketball. *Every other sport for the most part is dominated regionally. *Since UND and NDSU aren't in a basketball driven area, that pretty much throws that out as being a major sport at the school. *Since this area is hockey driven area, UND's major sport is hockey, but NDSU doesn't have that, making their major sport football. *

This is a hockey driven area ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I swear hockey has frozen the brains of UND fans, this is just as much basketball country as it is hockey country but both are a ways behind football. Out of all the high schools in ND a grand total of 3 are what you would call hockey schools and all 3 of those school are located in or near GF(which is the only hockey city). Before you start talking about UND hockey and how big it is compared to college basketball in ND remember that DII and DI basketball are not comparable. If NDSU could just be a Creighton or UNI in DI hoops(which I think we are on our to becoming), UND hockey would be the secondary winter sport in ND. DI college basketball has so much potential in this state its crazy, if NDSU could ever tap that potential NDSU basketball would equal football at this school.

TheBisonator
11-20-2006, 07:28 PM

There are other DI schools where hockey takes over football or basketball, this includes Maine, New Hampshire, Boston College, Denver, Minnesota, Boston University, etc. *

Maine - Yes.

New Hampshire - Um... HELL no. (They average 8,000+ for football and overflow their stadium)

Boston College - *;D

Denver - Yes.

Minnesota - That must be some damn good pot you're smoking.

Boston University - Maybe.

Etc. - NO.

WYOBISONMAN
11-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Enough of this smacking garbage. This thread is LOCKED........