PDA

View Full Version : Stanford fires Walt Harris

kchats
12-05-2006, 02:55 AM
I see on ESPN today that Stanford has fired Walt Harris after two largely unsuccessful seasons. The first season also included a loss to UC Davis. My question is this, since they say the tough thing about Stanford is winning with the high academic standards and recruiting limitations so would Bob Biggs or Coach Ellerson be candidates for the job? They both coach at schools with great academics and have had success. Bob Biggs has had very good teams without scholarships while in division II. What do you think Cal-Poly and UC-Davis fans is this a possibility?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2685975

sambini
12-05-2006, 03:34 AM
HMMM INTERSESTING SLO- STANG HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS?

MinotBison
12-05-2006, 03:45 AM
HMMM INTERSESTING SLO- STANG HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS?

Anyone remember where coach Bohl was when he was offered the Bison job?

kchats
12-05-2006, 03:50 AM
But that was interviewing to become a defensive coordinator for Walt Harris I believe. It looks like he made the right choice. Biggs and Ellerson have a definite advantage over Coach Bohl in California since Bohl doesn't do a bunch of recruiting there and they have teams with all California players.

MinotBison
12-05-2006, 05:13 AM
But that was interviewing to become a defensive coordinator for Walt Harris I believe. *It looks like he made the right choice. *Biggs and Ellerson have a definite advantage over Coach Bohl in California since Bohl doesn't do a bunch of recruiting there and they have teams with all California players.

It certainly looks like it was the right choice indeed.