PDA

View Full Version : U of Mary beats UND

DIBISON
12-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Congratulations to the University of Mary and former Bison Juno Pintar for the 69-67 basketball win over UND tonight!!!!!!!!

I'll leave the smack out, it must be pretty bad up north.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-17-2006, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I don't think they probably feel sheepish enough without us piling on.

Tatanka
12-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Yes, that and the hockey team being swept at home by teh doormats from Michigan Tech must not feel good.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Not a good weekend for the fine folks up north.

Bison_Dan
12-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Not a good weekend for the fine folks up north.

I sure they feel fine, remember they are guaranteed a invite to the BSC! :P ::)

Gully
12-17-2006, 02:22 PM
WOW, that's not good for them. They used to be a pretty good team back in the day with Rico Burkett, Gulseth, Vonesh, etc. I wonder how many points NDSU would beat them by? 30 or 40?

kchats
12-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey they aren't any good. University of Mary is division II though so they are on a level playing field. Mary is just a better team.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey they aren't any good. *University of Mary is division II though so they are on a level playing field. *Mary is just a better team.

I keep forgetting that they made the move up and are in the NSIC. That isn't quite so bad then.

Gamehunter
12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey they aren't any good. University of Mary is division II though so they are on a level playing field. Mary is just a better team.

level division yes. level playing field, probably not

that is like saying NDSU and Augi were on the same level back when we were still DII.

BTW, we play Mary in a couple weeks no?

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I can't wait until we get that Mid-Con schedule and don't have to play as many of these games.

BisBison
12-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey they aren't any good. *University of Mary is division II though so they are on a level playing field. *Mary is just a better team.

level division yes. level playing field, probably not

that is like saying NDSU and Augi were on the same level back when we were still DII.

BTW, we play Mary in a couple weeks no?

Tues Jan 16 Juno Pintar and company come to the BSA. Just an FYI Mary is in their 1st year of a 2 year transition to D-II and full membership in the NSIC.

RedRiver
12-17-2006, 07:13 PM
I see that Eric Erdmann, freshman from Fargo North led all scorers with 23 points. I believe that Eric considered walking on to the Bison program. Congrats to the U of Mary and Juno and Eric!!

Mr._Bill
12-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I know it goes against the grain to travel to a DII school, but it would have been a good idea to take the Bison BB team on the road to Bismarck this year. Exposure and support in Bismarck and western ND is necessary for the bison to be the premeir school in the state. Bismarck is growing like crazy and this would have been a good move. Playing in Bismarck would also show the state where the best BB is played.

BisBison
12-17-2006, 11:57 PM
I know it goes against the grain to travel to a DII school, but it would have been a good idea to take the Bison BB team on the road to Bismarck this year. *Exposure and support in Bismarck and western ND is necessary for the bison to be the premeir school in the state. *Bismarck is growing like crazy and this would have been a good move. * Playing in Bismarck would also show the state where the best BB is played.

I would have loved it!! Bison fans would have packed the place. A friend of mine went to the game and said it was 2/3 full at best. Would have thought the und grads in the area would have gone out to see their team.

ndsubison
12-18-2006, 03:10 AM
Things are just looking bad for und right now. *Losing to a team 1 yr removed from the Dac 10, while losing to two current Dac 10 members (Minot & Mayville). *Hookey team has a losing record (followed by a lack of attendance? and a recent Ryan Bakken article saying that Bison buzz has surpassed und hookey buzz in Western ND). *Women's hookey coach gets fired, in which the article made several mentions of a lack of financing. *An all sports schedule that more & more is consisting of NSIC and Dac 10 teams. *NCAA nickname lawsuit. *Pending DI move. *Not a good time right now for UND. *Kupchella is biding his time to get out, Roger Thomas IS out (and residing exactly where he belongs and doing what he does best), and Buning must be thinking "How did I get here?". *I guess sometimes that good things don't always come to THOSE WHO WAIT. *:-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D *Great Day To Be A B I S O N ! ! !

tony
12-18-2006, 09:44 AM
I won't insult Mary by saying that them beating UND is a sign that UND's BB program is in bad shape. I'd prefer to think that it means that Mary's program is stepping up. Things can change in a hurry. Remember last year when folks were saying how crappy NDSU's VB team was and how Minnesota was going to score 80 on NDSU in football? DO NOT TEMPT THE KARMA!

BTW, a game in the Civic Center (or a tourney) would be fantastic! Maybe a little tourney between the ND and SD DI schools or between four ND schools (NDSU, Mary, UND, and the highest ND DAC team from the year before)?

If NDSU wants to strike when the iron is hot, they'd schedule a game there for next year with a DI school and publicize the heck out of it.

imabison
12-18-2006, 01:29 PM
I won't insult Mary by saying that them beating UND is a sign that UND's BB program is in bad shape. I'd prefer to think that it means that Mary's program is stepping up. Things can change in a hurry. Remember last year when folks were saying how crappy NDSU's VB team was and how Minnesota was going to score 80 on NDSU in football? DO NOT TEMPT THE KARMA!

BTW, a game in the Civic Center (or a tourney) would be fantastic! Maybe a little tourney between the ND and SD DI schools or between four ND schools (NDSU, Mary, UND, and the highest ND DAC team from the year before)?

If NDSU wants to strike when the iron is hot, they'd schedule a game there for next year with a DI school and publicize the heck out of it.

This might be a great way to break in the new BBS Arena when its built near the Fargodome.

IowaBisonToo
12-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Yes, that and the hockey team being swept at home by teh doormats ...
Congrats to Mary and, how can you sweep yourself? :o ;D

tony
12-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Arena when its built near the Fargodome.

Good idea (i.e. holding a tourney of ND schools or ND/SD schools in the new Fargo arena to open it)!

However, I do think that a game in Bismarck before then would be a good way to show Mandan-Bismarck what DI athletics at NDSU is all about and get the alumni base up there excited. It'd be great advertisement if NDSU.

IowaBison
12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
So NDSU is going to give up it's Fargo game against SDSU?

You can't expect SDSU to play in Fargo and Bismarck, which would be far from a neutral site. Or to use one of its few non-DI games on the road................

Maybe if Bismarck came up with some $$$ to host a tournament with NDSU........

(The Cyclones played in a Des Moines tournament over the weekend.)