PDA

View Full Version : Gary Russell

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-24-2006, 09:41 PM
I read on NFLDraftCountdown.com that he has declared for the draft this year, but I haven't been able to find a whole lot else about it. Anybody else have any info?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/underclassmen.html

lakesbison
12-28-2006, 05:00 PM
I heard that as well!

Russell in the draft, figures if Maroney and Barber are ripping up the NFL, he should get looks.

imabison
12-28-2006, 05:10 PM
I read on NFLDraftCountdown.com that he has declared for the draft this year, but I haven't been able to find a whole lot else about it. *Anybody else have any info?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/underclassmen.html

Do they have to wait for their Bowl game to be over before they can declare for the draft?

IowaBisonToo
12-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Like it matters if it's against the rules. ;D He probably sees the dollar signs and could care less what happens in some bowl game. After that's over with, you can pretty much guess he'll be at his local gym working out with some other NFL hopefuls - goodbye school.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Russell isn't even playing this year, so I'm not sure he cares much for the rules regarding the timing of declaring. *This might be a mistake by Russell. *I think that if he could get eligible it would be a good decision to go back, but I'm not privy to all the info, so I won't judge too harshly.

sambini
12-31-2006, 01:57 AM
Is he even in school?

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-31-2006, 03:15 AM
Well, this is pure speculation, but I'd say that the fact he is entering the draft means that either he isn't in school or he is/was but thought he wouldn't get eligible. Seems to me that he would have gone and played somewhere otherwise. This ignores a lot of possibilities, but this would be my best guess.

RodentiaX1
12-31-2006, 11:13 PM
He tried to get back to being elligible, but either he just wasn't up to it or wasn't able to. Losing him was a big loss for the Gophers. I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, he was pretty good for what college play he had. If he doesn't, he could play a year of semi-pro to keep fresh before trying the NFL again.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-01-2007, 01:42 AM
What I've been reading has him being a late-round pick at this point, but a guy who could jump up into the latter part of day 1 if he impresses in his postseason/pre-draft workouts.

sambini
01-02-2007, 03:26 AM
I suppose he got an agent and is going to being working out in Phoenix?