PDA

View Full Version : Gophers v Sioux Hockey

scbison
01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Who you cheer for?? I grew up around GF and loved Sioux Hockey. Good thing I went to NDSU and learned to lean toward the Maroon and Gold

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Who you cheer for?? I grew up around GF and loved Sioux Hockey. Good thing I went to NDSU and learned to lean toward the Maroon and Gold

Gophers, no question. NDSU doesn't have a hockey team, so go Gopher hockey.

Herd_Mentality
01-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Gophers all the way.

mikelsch
01-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Put it this way...I would cheer for the Iraq National Team if they played the Sioux

84grad
01-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Who would I cheer for? Neither one!! I don't give a rip aobut hockey.

scbison
01-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Please respond w/o ripping hockey. I my opinion it is a more exciting sport to watch in person than basketball. However, each man to his own and i don't want to get into a stupid argument over whether hockey matters.

Shawn-O
01-23-2007, 04:44 PM
What is this? A Sioux hockey thread! :D As always, it will be great up and down hockey, a great atmosphere at the John, and a very tough ticket. It's always a great time, win lose or draw.

BTW, nice avatar. :o :o

scbison
01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
What is this? *A Sioux hockey thread! *:D * As always, it will be great up and down hockey, a great atmosphere at the John, and a very tough ticket. *It's always a great time, win lose or draw. *

BTW, nice avatar. *:o :o

Thank you, I know she's in rehab but that doesn't mean a small town ND boy can't dream. :)

Junior
01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Can't wait until Lakes reads this.
He loves UND posts on this board...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have my popcorn ready.

NDSUstudent
01-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Gophers

Shawn-O
01-23-2007, 05:26 PM
* *He loves UND posts on this board...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have my popcorn ready.

Hell, he's coming down to the games. ;D ;D

Junior
01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
* *He loves UND posts on this board...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have my popcorn ready.

Hell, he's coming down to the games. *;D ;D

Hmmmmm

RedRiver
01-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Please respond w/o ripping hockey. I my opinion it is a more exciting sport to watch in person than basketball. However, each man to his own and i don't want to get into a stupid argument over whether hockey matters.

I like 84grad don't care about hockey so to answer your question I won't be cheering for either one!!

sambini
01-23-2007, 09:56 PM
GOPHERS HATS OFF TO THEE++++

BisonMav
01-26-2007, 02:28 PM
M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A!
Minnesota!
Minnesota!
Yeaaaaaaah Gophers!

IowaBisonToo
01-26-2007, 02:35 PM
I'll be cheering for St Cloud State to somehow put the kabosh on the Goofers! Hail the Huskies!!!

lakesbison
01-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Ill be at a HOCKEY PARTY!!!

ST CLOUD STATE *& MINNESOTA GOPHER HOCKEY PARTY

4 of us are SCSU fans and 4 UMinn fans, *at the lake cabin on satellite!!

SHould be a good time.

and SHAWN O... * YOUR TEAM WILL GET FREAKIN DESTROYED LIKE THE LIL BITCHES THEY ARE!!

WHY IS THIS FREAKIN SIOUX THREAD ON HERE ANYWAYS>!?!

SDfjasoifdu p8w9rfJSIOEfj

GEAAZZHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
01-26-2007, 03:26 PM
GOPHERS HATS OFF TO THEE++++

Ski U Mah

Shawn-O
01-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I'll be at tJohn watching a REAL rivalry!

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=25103&section=sports

It sure is nice having a RIVALRY with Minnesota. Gopher players words, not mine. UND is their number one RIVAL. ;D

IowaBison
01-26-2007, 04:14 PM
can you read, shawn-o?

the closest thing to that is "But North Dakota and Wisconsin are definitely our top two rivalries."

so you're in the top two in hockey!! way to go.

have fun watching the game at taco john's or whatever place tJohn refers to.

Junior
01-26-2007, 06:19 PM
WHY IS THIS FREAKIN SIOUX THREAD ON HERE ANYWAYS>!?!

GEAAZZHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

And there it is folks. *Predictible. *

Yet he still reads it. * ;) ;)

sambini
01-27-2007, 02:45 AM
gIVE THEM CREDIT COMING BACK. NICE WIN SIOUX.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Nice win for the Sioux, but the Gophers are still going to hand it to them tonight.

Shawn-O
01-27-2007, 04:53 PM
can you read, shawn-o?

the closest thing to that is "But North Dakota and Wisconsin are definitely our top two rivalries."

so you're in the top two in hockey!! way to go.

have fun watching the game at taco john's or whatever place tJohn refers to.

John Mariucci Arena.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-27-2007, 04:58 PM
UND is not the Gophers #1 rival. Trust me, as a life long Gopher hockey fan, I enjoy seeing the Gophers kick the crap our of the Fighting Fire Trucks, but Wisconsin is our #1 rival, period. I'd say that #2 is und, but that it is a weak #2. It is more like #1 Wisconsin, #6 und, #7 Minnesota-Duluth, etc.

sambini
01-28-2007, 07:11 AM
sIOUX GET THE FIRST SWEEP IN 26 YEARS AT THE JOHN WTF? NICE WINS FREE GRINDERS IN THE GRAND CITIES..

OCBison
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Who would I cheer for? *Neither one!! *I don't give a rip aobut hockey.

Such incredible hypocrisy by Joe "we're not going to play the Sioux in any other sports besides hockey" Maturi.

Why should they play them in any other sport? Hockey is the only sport that generates any revenue when the schools compete and there isn't a hope in Hades that the Gophers would drop out of the WCHA on a matter of principle.

Do the athletes really care about competing against a school with a Native American nickname? I don't think so. It's something dreamed up by administrators in order to fool themselves into thinking that they are still relevant.

Shawn-O
01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Who would I cheer for? *Neither one!! *I don't give a rip aobut hockey.

Such incredible hypocrisy by Joe "we're not going to play the Sioux in any other sports besides hockey" Maturi.

Why should they play them in any other sport? *Hockey is the only sport that generates any revenue when the schools compete and there isn't a hope in Hades that the Gophers would drop out of the WCHA on a matter of principle.

Do the athletes really care about competing against a school with a Native American nickname? *I don't think so. *It's something dreamed up by administrators in order to fool themselves into thinking that they are still relevant.

Nothing like a good ol' fashioned ass whipping to make the weekend more enjoyable. Speaking of hypocrisy, you may find it interesting that Fighting Sioux jerseys were made available for sale at the John......very interesting indeed.

NorthernBison
01-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Nothing like a good ol' fashioned ass whipping to make the weekend more enjoyable. Speaking of hypocrisy, you may find it interesting that Fighting Sioux jerseys were made available for sale at the John......very interesting indeed. *

That's an understatement. Duncan, Toews, and Oshie might have had a chance to set some scoring records on Saturday night if the Sioux weren't shorthanded half the night. It seemed like they scored on most of their full strength shifts.

This series is a can't lose for me. I have friends who are diehard fans for each team. Regardless of who wins, I get to talk trash to some and pump up the others about how good their team is. Sometimes riding the fence is sweet.