PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a momentum killer!!!

finch901
02-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I guess they got a little excited over sweeping the goophs...According to the Forum, a couple of the "star" players on one of und's "storied" d-1 programs got busted for a little underage drinking and being in a bar underage, and another player who made the fluke goal against the goophers may face obstruction of justice charges. i suppose und will suspend them for this weekends series...even though they don't play this weekend. Toews must have forgot he's not in Canada.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=154926&section=sports

sambini
02-01-2007, 11:15 PM
hmmm Judys Tavern must of had a sunday special...

finch901
02-03-2007, 09:46 PM
hmmm Judys Tavern must of had a sunday special...

Sunday is Kids' Drink Free Day!!!

Shawn-O
02-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Next time just throw a kegger, boys. You know, the kind Simmy and Satter used to host. 8-) ;D

finch901
02-03-2007, 11:56 PM
hey they took out the middleman (the bar) so you gotta admire that they wanted to provide everybody with a quality product!!! ;)

sambini
02-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Whats with Robbie Bina trying to get the boys out of the squad car? New tv show THE GRAND CITIES FINEST..

finch901
02-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Whats with Robbie Bina trying to get the boys out of the squad car? New tv show THE GRAND CITIES FINEST..

Cops was filmed on location!!!

You'd think Bina after having that horrible injury that he would be happy to be walking, skating, playing hockey, living to not stoop to this level.

The new und logo...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/UVSL/M055~John-Belushi-Whiskey-Posters.jpg

sambini
02-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Well said Finch+++++++++

tony
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Three things:

1. I absolutely despise gossip and won't tolerate it here.

2. There is no way Bina was trying to get anybody out of any squad car... that sounds just like the garbage UND fans spread as God's honest truth when they heard that Lamar broke a window - by the next week they were swearing that their good buddy the Chief of Police in Moorhead caught him by a broken window in a car with a stereo in his hands AND that he broke a window while extremely drunk outside of a Fargo bar and got caught as he was about to drive away (but the Fargo police were pressured into not charging him with DUI) and who knows how many other damnable lies. This story about Bina sounds like the same kind of crap and that's how I'll regard it until I am proven wrong.

3. Bina hasn't been convicted of anything but has been charged - it seems like the details will be made public soon enough so there is no need to go making stuff up.

NorthernBison
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
According to the story printed in the Sunday forum, Bina will be charged with trying to help two underage friends escape a police car. Grand Forks City Prosecutor Kristi Pettit told the Forum that Bina opened the door of a patrol car where two of them sat and walked away. Apparently, one of the two people in the car was a fellow hockey player.

Later in the story they also ran down details from his drunk driving arrest on July 15. That might be part of the reason why they are coming down fairly hard right now.

I don't know anything more, but this all seems like more than just gossip. Sorry Tony but your #2 seems to be 180 degrees different from what the authorities are telling the press. It sounds like that was exactly what he was trying to do. I'll understand his right to remain innocent until proven guilty but I think that this is more than idle gossip.

DIBISON
02-05-2007, 05:54 PM
What gossip are you talking about Tony?

Here is the article that was published in The Forum on Sunday. According to the article, Bina will be charged with trying to help two underage friends escape from the police car.

This story has been covered on TV and in the newspapers and yet it can't be talked about on Bisonville?

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=155366

tony
02-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Well, heck, you are right - that DOES rise above the standard of gossip (sorry, Sambini). I thought for sure that if Bina had been trying to help somebody escape custody that he'd be facing a more charges than just obstruction of justice.

So, yeah, you can talk about it -and- yeah, it does sound like something out of a Cops episode. Good grief. *:-[

finch901
02-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Well, heck, you are right - that DOES rise above the standard of gossip (sorry, Sambini). I thought for sure that if Bina had been trying to help somebody escape custody that he'd be facing a more charges than just obstruction of justice.

So, yeah, you can talk about it -and- yeah, it does sound like something out of a Cops episode. Good grief. *:-[

Tony i know your strict policy on gossip i would've never said that stuff if i hadn't heard it somewhere, heck i even heard the news about it on pro-sioux KVLY. They said he opened the squad car door and then walked away, but Towes and Oshie stayed in the car.. From now on i'll let someone else start the ball rolling so i don't get kicked off the board

Flanders
02-05-2007, 07:15 PM

So, yeah, you can talk about it -and- yeah, it does sound like something out of a Cops episode. Good grief. :-[

Tony i know your strict policy on gossip i would've never said that stuff if i hadn't heard it somewhere, heck i even heard the news about it on pro-sioux KVLY. They said he opened the squad car door and then walked away, but Towes and Oshie stayed in the car.. From now on i'll let someone else start the ball rolling so i don't get kicked off the board

Towes and Oshie weren't both in the car. KVLY never reported that. Neither did the police. And you're making that up is gossip, plain and simple.

NorthernBison
02-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Towes and Oshie weren't both in the car. *KVLY never reported that. *Neither did the police. *And you're making that up is gossip, plain and simple.

The Forum Communications article said that ONE of the two people in the car was a fellow hockey player. No name was disclosed.

IowaBison
02-05-2007, 08:11 PM

So, yeah, you can talk about it -and- yeah, it does sound like something out of a Cops episode. Good grief. :-[

Towes and Oshie weren't both in the car. KVLY never reported that. Neither did the police. And you're making that up is gossip, plain and simple.

that or the guy made a mistake.

(the same 'rumor' was reported at ss.com)

NorthernBison
02-05-2007, 08:28 PM
My personal feeling on the whole situation is one of disappointment. The Bina comeback story is one of the "feel good" stories of college athletics this year. Now he gets involved in something like this that really looks like a minor deal to start with but could become a bigger issue if it violates some sort of probation that he might be on from the DUI last summer. As much as I like smacking my UND friends, I sincerely hope this whole thing goes away quietly and quickly.

sambini
02-06-2007, 12:06 AM

Well I just hope these young guys can get there act together.

RedRiver
02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
McFeely - Hakstol's response comical.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=155881&section=Columnists&columnist=M ike%20McFeely

DIBISON
02-09-2007, 03:19 PM
McFeely - Hakstol's response comical.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=155881&section=Columnists&columnist=M ike%20McFeely

I thought his comments about the bunker and doing the sieve chant were great!! ;D ;D

Bison_Dan
02-09-2007, 05:50 PM
There eating their own over at ss over Bina and McFooly's article. ;D ;D Over 40 pages long.

NDSUstudent
02-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Here is a blog entry that some Sioux fan wrote about the Bison apologist Mike McFeely(I know ;D ;D)

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2007/02/you-cant-start-scks-with-out-ndsu.html