PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colo.........an embarrassment for all....

WYOBISONMAN
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Mike McFeeley had a great column in the Fargo Forum today talking about what a disaster UNC has been and how it has taken such a different path than NDSU.......it is a GREAT read!

Big Sky invite hasn’t been all UNC hoped

Mike McFeely, The Forum

Northern Colorado looked poised for big things Dec. 13, 2004. That was the day the Big Sky Conference accepted the Bears into the prestigious Division I-AA league.

The selection also meant exclusion for North Dakota State, UNC’s former North Central Conference foe in NCAA Division II and a fellow D-I newbie looking for a home. The league kicked the Bison in the gut that day, easily the darkest in NDSU’s transition period.

Click here for the rest of the story...............

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=143926&section=Columnists&columnist=M ike%20McFeely

Paulie
10-25-2006, 04:43 PM
You take such joy in the UNC problems. Your ego and self worth must be sky high with all the happiness you're getting from it.

WYOBISONMAN
10-25-2006, 05:11 PM
You take such joy in the UNC problems. *Your ego and self worth must be sky high with all the happiness you're getting from it. *

Actually I think it is unfortunate for all of DI-AA athletics............

IowaBison
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
i feel for 'em, sincerely.

people deserve better than this.

DIBISON
10-26-2006, 02:54 AM
The Tuesday edition of the USA Today had a 1/3 page article on the UNC problems.

kchats
10-26-2006, 04:05 AM
You take such joy in the UNC problems. *Your ego and self worth must be sky high with all the happiness you're getting from it. *

It isn't that at all. I think the ironic thing is the Big Sky picked UNC without even visiting NDSU and SDSU and of the 3 schools NDSU has by far had the most national attention for the right reasons. NDSU has big victories in men's basketball, football (twice should have been three times), baseball, softball etc. NDSU also is earning honors for research and other academic advancements.

We are just saying it is ironic that we felt so horrible when the Big Sky shunned us and now with the invite to the Mid Con and a possible invite to the Gateway NDSU will be in a far better situation. It is almost like that Garth Brooks song "I thank God for unanswered prayers", because if NDSU had gotten into the Big Sky we wouldn't be in the great situation we are in now. It is also a form of justice for the Big Sky that the only program they considered seriously is struggling mightily now and has many legal issues swirling around it. We feel bad for the trouble at UNC but we feel vindicated that the Big Sky didn't do its due diligence in studying the schools it considered for expansion. I feel they made a big mistake in not looking at and adding NDSU and SDSU but am also relieve that they didn't because the Mid Con fits our recruiting area much better and the Gateway does too.

We hope UNC cleans up the mess and gets back to respectability. The comments are more directed at the Big Sky and not UNC.

mikelsch
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Northern Colorado reports $604,000 deficit
http://anygivensaturday.com/ralphblog/article.php?story=20070210203457201