NDSUguy
01-25-2007, 03:51 PM
where did you hear this?

Bison_Dan
01-25-2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=25046&section=homepage

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Sad day in ND sports, to lose a man with such vision....or something like that.

Junior
01-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Might be a good change for UND. New AD and now a new president (hopefully with a bigger and better vision)

met1990
01-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Someone better let Roger Thomas know there is a job opening...

Best of luck to Chuck. Here's to hoping the new prez can get along well with Joe C.

imabison
01-25-2007, 05:15 PM

Remember he failed an attempt to do D1AA somewhere else. Its become obvious he is not willing to go through the process again. That and probably know that the writing is on the wall for the nickname thing. He is dumping his mess on someone else.

mikelsch
01-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Robert Potts is the frontrunner to replace Kupchella ;)

sambini
01-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Best wishes on your retirement Chuck.

Flanders
01-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Remember he failed an attempt to do D1AA somewhere else. Its become obvious he is not willing to go through the process again. That and probably know that the writing is on the wall for the nickname thing. He is dumping his mess on someone else.

Are you sure about this?

IowaBison
01-25-2007, 09:21 PM
He didn't fail, but his institution did.

He was the provost, not the president at SEMO.

IowaBisonToo
01-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Moderators - better move this one to smack early. I have a sneaky suscpision that's where it's going to end up anyway.

Now, boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo. Who will NDSU pick on now that all the turds are gone. I'm sure somebody will pick up the slack. ;)

RedRiver
01-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Moderators - better move this one to smack early. *I have a sneaky suscpision that's where it's going to end up anyway.

Now, boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo. *Who will NDSU pick on now that all the turds are gone. *I'm sure somebody will pick up the slack. ;)

Even when Kupchella leaves UND will still be there. ;) ;)

TheDoctor
01-26-2007, 04:26 AM
Moderators - better move this one to smack early. *I have a sneaky suscpision that's where it's going to end up anyway.

Now, boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo. *Who will NDSU pick on now that all the turds are gone. *I'm sure somebody will pick up the slack. ;)

Even when Kupchella leaves UND will still be there. *;) ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D SOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-26-2007, 11:56 AM
++++

WePharm
01-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Hire Roger Thomas. He would be great at public relations!!

kchats
01-27-2007, 02:30 AM
One more guy from UND that gleefully mistreated NDSU to go and scheduling them might get easier for Bison fans to take. Gene Roebuck is the last holdout of the band of fools that ridiculed NDSU for making the move to division I. I don't see him leaving so I guess women's basketball will probably be the last NDSU team to schedule UND if they ever do.

I still say don't play them until forced in a tournament situation. ;D

sambini
01-27-2007, 02:46 AM
2006 WOULD BE A GREAT HIRE++

Mr._Bill
01-28-2007, 03:50 PM
One more guy from UND that gleefully mistreated NDSU to go and scheduling them might get easier for Bison fans to take. *Gene Roebuck is the last holdout of the band of fools that ridiculed NDSU for making the move to division I. *I don't see him leaving so I guess women's basketball will probably be the last NDSU team to schedule UND if they ever do. *

I still say don't play them until forced in a tournament situation. ;D

I'm sure the bison and sioux will meet every year in the DI championship brackets. ;) *It's a little different in DI, and we might never meet there as both team would need to have an exceptional year.

kchats
01-28-2007, 05:05 PM
That is my statement to a tee. I don't care if UND is never on NDSU's schedule again. They told us in 2003 they didn't want to play and now after not playing them I don't miss playing them. I guess sometimes you should be careful what you ask for. If UND had never told us to f#%k off we wouldn't have seen how great a schedule can be without them.

WYOBISONMAN
01-31-2007, 01:51 PM
I suspect that most UND fans are very happy he is leaving. He is not a well liked guy in any circle. I do think that Kuppy's lack of vision was a boost to NDSU. I kind of hate to see him go........

southpaw
01-31-2007, 10:19 PM
actually, a lot of und fans are torn. athletics-wise he wasn't the greatest, which bison fans can attest to. but academically, he was outstanding. kupchella was and always will be an academics president. he doesn't seem to quite get the sports thing, but he is incredible on the research and expansion side of things. look at it from an objective viewpoint and what he did for UND as a place of higher learning is far better than what chapman has done.

IowaBisonToo
01-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Southpaw - can you cite examples of how Kuppy has been better for UND than Chapman has been for NDSU?

lakesbison
01-31-2007, 10:47 PM
no.. they dont like facts up there.

Shawn-O
01-31-2007, 10:55 PM
I suspect that most UND fans are very happy he is leaving. *He is not a well liked guy in any circle. * I do think that Kuppy's lack of vision was a boost to NDSU. *I kind of hate to see him go........

I've been in the same room as Kupchella on about three occasions, and my impression was that he did not connect well with people. I won't comment on his record as an administrator, but he's definitely not a "people person". My feelings are indifferent seeing him go.

Hammersmith
02-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Trying to be as objective as I can, I just don't think he is presidential material. He would probably be superb as a provost (or v.p. of academic affairs), but a president needs to be good at integrating all aspects of a campus and energizing the faculty and students. I never saw that from CK. I think his pay grade was one step beyond his abilities.

IowaBisonToo
02-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Trying to be as objective as I can, I just don't think he is presidential material. He would probably be superb as a provost (or v.p. of academic affairs), but a president needs to be good at integrating all aspects of a campus and energizing the faculty and students. I never saw that from CK. I think his pay grade was one step beyond his abilities.
This is more of what I was thinking, too, Hammer. As a president, you really need to focus on the campus and community as a whole - something I don't think Kuppy did.

Bison_Dan
02-01-2007, 02:26 PM
This is more of what I was thinking, too, Hammer. *As a president, you really need to focus on the campus and community as a whole - something I don't think Kuppy did.

He did develop a hatred for NDSU, but being around people like Phil Harman (sp) it wouldn't be hard to do so.

WYOBISONMAN
02-04-2007, 02:31 PM
actually, a lot of und fans are torn. *athletics-wise he wasn't the greatest, which bison fans can attest to. *but academically, he was outstanding. *kupchella was and always will be an academics president. *he doesn't seem to quite get the sports thing, but he is incredible on the research and expansion side of things. *look at it from an objective viewpoint and what he did for UND as a place of higher learning is far better than what chapman has done.

Hey Kuppy......welcome to the NDSU Board.......and no, you can't even hold Chapman's jock strap in either athletics or academics.......now go lay by your dish!

Shawn-O
02-04-2007, 04:46 PM
actually, a lot of und fans are torn. *athletics-wise he wasn't the greatest, which bison fans can attest to. *but academically, he was outstanding. *kupchella was and always will be an academics president. *he doesn't seem to quite get the sports thing, but he is incredible on the research and expansion side of things. *look at it from an objective viewpoint and what he did for UND as a place of higher learning is far better than what chapman has done.

Hey Kuppy......welcome to the NDSU Board.......and no, you can't even hold Chapman's jock strap in either athletics or academics.......now go lay by your dish!

Where is the Chapman statue being erected? ::)

sambini
02-04-2007, 05:19 PM
In front of CHUBS++

WYOBISONMAN
02-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I'll be at Chubs for the dedication!!

lonelygriz
02-08-2007, 03:06 AM
Where's Dean Wermer when you need him?????????????????

sambini
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
at CHUBS...