PDA

View Full Version : National Championship on CSTV

scbison
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Mayville St. competing for the national title tonight on CSTV. Congrats to the Comets and their $500 recruiting budget.

RedRiver
03-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Unbelievable job by Coach Smith and the Comets. I've noticed that they've had to win quite a few games to get to the NC game. Quite an accomplishment.

Flanders
03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
I pushed very hard for him to be the new coach at UND. Still have hope that Jones will work out. But Smith is a local kid, and his enthusiasm is incredible. He's a mini-Miles.

mikelsch
03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I pushed very hard for him to be the new coach at UND. *Still have hope that Jones will work out. *But Smith is a local kid, and his enthusiasm is incredible. *He's a mini-Miles.

I agree - UND should have hired Smith

Hambone
03-13-2007, 04:29 PM
I pushed very hard for him to be the new coach at UND. *Still have hope that Jones will work out. *But Smith is a local kid, and his enthusiasm is incredible. *He's a mini-Miles.

I, too, wish UND would have hired him to lead them through the transition. *Question (hypothetical) for some of you Bison fans - if Miles does end up leaving within the next couple years, would you want Smith to be the front runner for the Bison opening, or do you think a jump from NAIA to DI would be too much? *I know it's not your choice on who they hire, but I am curious as to your thoughts. *Personally, I think the Bison would take a chance on him.

Good luck to the Comets as well.....

IowaBison
03-13-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't think it would be too much, but I would be surprised if it happened.

There are a lot of CYA considerations that go into making hires..........

Flanders
03-13-2007, 04:46 PM
CYA?

IowaBison
03-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Catholic Youth Association...............

no, no Cover Your A$$....

Flanders
03-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Understood.

mikelsch
03-13-2007, 06:57 PM

I, too, wish UND would have hired him to lead them through the transition. *Question (hypothetical) for some of you Bison fans - if Miles does end up leaving within the next couple years, would you want Smith to be the front runner for the Bison opening, or do you think a jump from NAIA to DI would be too much? *I know it's not your choice on who they hire, but I am curious as to your thoughts. *Personally, I think the Bison would take a chance on him.

Good luck to the Comets as well.....

If he applied, he would be considered. However, if the Bison remain successful and continue to show improvement ---> people would be surprised at the quality of the hypothetical applicant pool. There would be assistants from high-majors looking for a mid-major head coaching job.

kchats
03-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Saul Phillips would have a better shot at the job.