PDA

View Full Version : SDSU WOMEN WIN 1ST NIT GAME!

Montana_Bison
03-18-2007, 07:08 AM
Here's the link:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncw&id=2802800 8-)

Hopfully Amy can get the Lady Bison to this level soon!!

sambini
03-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Congrats to the JACKS. Good luck and keeep it going...

JackJD
03-18-2007, 06:59 PM
If interested, here's a video clip from the Argus Leader's website:
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070318/VIDEO04/70318003

The 5719 "official" attendance figure is called a sellout because some of the seats were not utilized. the place was basically packed and very, very loud.

sambini
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the link. And very proud of our friends at SDSU GO JACKS++++++++

Tatanka
03-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Excellent showing. Well done bunnies!!!

Shawn-O
03-18-2007, 11:55 PM
If interested, here's a video clip from the Argus Leader's website:
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070318/VIDEO04/70318003

The 5719 "official" attendance figure is called a sellout because some of the seats were not utilized. *the place was basically packed and very, very loud.

Congrats to the Lady Bun-Buns. Looked like a great atmosphere. Keep it going! :)

IowaBisonToo
03-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Way to go Lady Bunnies! *Best part is you get to host another game. *Be cool if it were Indiana and you schooled them, too. ;)

I believe the Argus Leader said that the next best attendance was around 2500 in the WNIT.

rabidrabbit
03-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Way to go Lady Bunnies! *Best part is you get to host another game. *Be cool if it were Indiana and you schooled them, too. ;)

Going to School Hoosiers on Basketball

I believe the Argus Leader said that the next best attendance was around 2500 in the WNIT.

3500-3600 were next best (two different games)

And SDSU didn't even KNOW WHO WE'D BE PLAYING!

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tdhummel
03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
I think the jacks game will be webcasted I will update you guys if I get a link

IowaBisonToo
03-20-2007, 07:03 PM
How does the WNIT choose where the game will be held? Higher seed? Better attendance? How much money they can generate? How many turds were in the toilet this morning? ;D

IowaBisonToo
03-20-2007, 07:04 PM
How does the WNIT choose where the game will be held? *Higher seed? *Better attendance? *How much money they can generate? *How many turds were in the toilet this morning? ;D *
Never mind. Read the Argus link and that answered my question - well, all except the turd one.

tdhummel
03-20-2007, 09:22 PM
The games are decided by attendance and the bid that the school sends to the WNIT (Triple Crown Sports)

tdhummel
03-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I think the jacks game will be webcasted I will update you guys if I get a link

Women's NIT game to be webcast
South Dakota State University, in conjunction with South Dakota Public Broadcasting, will provide a free video webcast of Thursday's third-round Women’s NIT basketball game between the Jackrabbits and Indiana.

The live Internet-only broadcast will begin at approximately 6:45 p.m. Central Time and continue through the post-game press conference. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. CT at Frost Arena.

To access the webcast, log on to www.gojacks.com.

WePharm
03-21-2007, 01:38 AM
I think the Jacks should send Ryan Bakken from the gf herald a ticket so he can see some real women's basketball. Afterall he's the one who said D1 women's basketball generates nooooo
interest. ;)

89rabbit
03-21-2007, 01:55 AM
I think the Jacks should send Ryan Bakken from the gf herald a ticket so he can see some real women's basketball. Afterall he's the one who said D1 women's basketball generates nooooo
interest. ;)

Can't, we don't have any more tickets. * Frost Arena sold out in less then 4 hours (before we knew that we were playing Indiana). *;) *:o *8-)

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/SPORTS0202/703200327/1002/SPORTS

SDSU game sold out
Jacks to play Indiana on Thursday

By Terry Vandrovec
tvandrovec@argusleader.com
Published: March 20, 2007

It appears the South Dakota State women's basketball all-time attendance record established Saturday won't last a week.

Besides the allotment set aside for the visiting team, all tickets for South Dakota State's third-round WNIT game against Indiana, scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday at Frost Arena, sold in less than four hours Monday.

The volume of interest was so high, according to SDSU athletic director Fred Oien, the company that handles on-line ticket sales for the school had to dedicate more bandwidth because the traffic was preventing some users from accessing the system.

Tickets also went on sale over the phone and at the SDSU box office at 1 p.m. Fans started lining up there around 10:30 a.m. - before the game's date, time or opponent had been announced. Within 20 minutes of their official release, all 2,100 reserved seats were gone. At roughly 4:55 p.m. and with people still standing in line to buy tickets, SDSU ticket manager Christi Williams announced the sell out. *. *. *. *(read more)

Go State! *:)

sambini
03-21-2007, 03:08 AM
GOOD LUCK And thanks for the link for the webcast.+++

tdhummel
03-21-2007, 04:37 AM
interest. ;)

Frost would be an excellent environment when it is packed for him... It is loud.