PDA

View Full Version : The tragedy at Virginia Tech

TheBisonator
04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm surprised nobody started a thread about this, but I would like to pass my condolences and sympathies to all the victims and their families from the tragic shooting at Virginia Tech yesterday. I personally met a bunch of Virginia Tech students and had some drinks with them when I was in New Orleans at New Years 2005 (I was at a convention, and the VT students were attending the Sugar Bowl vs. Auburn), and they were a great bunch of people. Very friendly, and down-to-earth folks. It's very sad to see this kind of thing happen to such a class university such as VPI. I don't know if any of the students I met may have been victims, and that gives me an uneasy feeling inside.

Again, our prayers go out to them.

BisonMav
04-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Prayers and thoughts go out to Virginia Tech.

TxBisonFan
04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised nobody started a thread about this, but I would like to pass my condolences and sympathies to all the victims and their families from the tragic shooting at Virginia Tech yesterday. I personally met a bunch of Virginia Tech students and had some drinks with them when I was in New Orleans at New Years 2005 (I was at a convention, and the VT students were attending the Sugar Bowl vs. Auburn), and they were a great bunch of people. Very friendly, and down-to-earth folks. It's very sad to see this kind of thing happen to such a class university such as VPI. I don't know if any of the students I met may have been victims, and that gives me an uneasy feeling inside.

Again, our prayers go out to them.
+++++
Was going to start a thread but never got around to it.
We are all Hokies today.
God bless Virginia Tech.

sambini
04-18-2007, 03:54 AM
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE HOKIE NATION.

imabison
04-18-2007, 07:50 PM

I don't have the specific but KFGO is sponsoring a walk from the grass near the Memorial Union to the Fargodome this evening, and then a candle light vigel. They are providing the candles. I heard it on the radio this morning, but do not remember the info.

Hammersmith
04-18-2007, 09:02 PM

I don't have the specific but KFGO is sponsoring a walk from the grass near the Memorial Union to the Fargodome this evening, and then a candle light vigel. *They are providing the candles. *I heard it on the radio this morning, but do not remember the info.
I got this email from NDSU:

NDSU Candlelight Vigil and Memorial Service in honor of Virginia Tech

All alumni and friends are invited
8:45pm
Thursday, April 19

Meet on the lawn between Old Main and the Library
Candles will be distributed. A procession will begin at 8:45pm and move north towards the Fargodome.
There will be a short memorial service at the conclusion of the procession.

Dante Miller, NDSU Student Government
Sherri Schmidt, NDSU Alumni Association