PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Recruit

Bison_Dan
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Looks like Bucky got some great recruits!!

IowaBison
04-27-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=90056&section=Sports

WYOBISONMAN
04-27-2005, 04:20 PM
We WILL be ready when post season elgible!

02Bison
04-29-2005, 06:00 PM
If they can stay out of trouble off the mats, which already appears to be an issue with one of the recruits... :-X

BisonMav
04-29-2005, 06:17 PM
If they can stay out of trouble off the mats, which already appears to be an issue with one of the recruits... :-X

"They"

One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

Great job by Bucky.

02Bison
04-29-2005, 06:54 PM
"They"

One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

Great job by Bucky.

I said " If they" . *"IF" makes a big difference!

BisonMav
04-29-2005, 07:22 PM
I said " If they" . *"IF" makes a big difference!

"They" is more than 1.

02Bison
04-29-2005, 07:25 PM
"They" is more than 1.

Exactly...there is more than one recruit, hence "they". If they can stay out of trouble, only time will tell if its a great class. Give it up and stop nit-picking at me because I have a different opinion of what makes up a good student athlete at NDSU.

BisonMav
04-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Exactly...there is more than one recruit, hence "they". *If they can stay out of trouble, only time will tell if its a great class. Give it up and stop nit-picking at me because I have a different opinion of what makes up a good student athlete at NDSU. *

IMO, By saying "They", more than 1 of the recruits is questionable, because 1 got on trouble.

02Bison
04-29-2005, 07:33 PM
IMO, By saying "They", more than 1 of the recruits is questionable, because 1 got on trouble.

Read my complete original post again!

BisonMav
04-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Read my complete original post again!

If they can stay out of trouble off the mats, which already appears to be an issue with one of the recruits...

"They" - more than 1
"Already" - expecting more?

Herd_Mentality
04-29-2005, 08:29 PM
If this incident this kid was involved in was part of a pattern of behavior, fine...rake him over the coals. However, everybody is entitled to make a mistake if you learn from it. If this becomes a pattern or behavior, then worry about kicking the kid off the team. It's too bad that we aren't all as morally pure as one of the posters in this thread.

MinotBison
04-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Kids, now stop bickering right this minute, or you'll be sent to your rooms without supper.

02Bison
04-29-2005, 10:25 PM
If this incident this kid was involved in was part of a pattern of behavior, fine...rake him over the coals. *However, everybody is entitled to make a mistake if you learn from it. *If this becomes a pattern or behavior, then worry about kicking the kid off the team. *It's too bad that we aren't all as morally pure as one of the posters in this thread.

Assaulting a female clerk...I'm sorry, but I can not accept that as a mistake! That's a sign of major character issues. That's all I'm going to say. Listen to Minot Bison now and agree to disagree and leave it at that!

RedRiver
04-29-2005, 10:46 PM
So far he is only a recruit as he is not enrolled at NDSU.

Bisonguy
05-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Another good recruit commits to NDSU!-
Wrestling Signs Fargo North's Heath Lynnes (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=119346)

Undefeated his senior year. Not too shabby.

Bisonfan1
05-07-2005, 03:48 AM
Re 02Bison post -Your right RedRiver (recruit) some people see great joy in others misfortunes and cant wait to spread the word. Re Bisonguy post - Heath looks like an excellant recruit for the Bison, pretty hard to beat his record his senior year. Bison coaching will bring out even more skills.

Bisonguy
05-07-2005, 05:02 AM
From what Bucky said on the WDAY sports, Lynnes has not been wrestling for nearly as long as most wrestlers in HS, and still has A LOT of untapped potential.

Bisonguy
05-24-2005, 11:42 PM
And now, a transfer from another school going through an NCAA divisional transition:

University of Mary Wrestler Ben Imdieke to Transfer to North Dakota State (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=121026)

Eighth wrestling recruit this season! *:o

02Bison
05-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Re 02Bison post -Your right RedRiver (recruit) some people see great joy in others misfortunes and cant wait to spread the word. Re Bisonguy post - Heath looks like an excellant recruit for the Bison, pretty hard to beat his record his senior year. Bison coaching will bring out even more skills.

Do you have your new broom yet since you seem to advocate sweeping things under the rug? *Integrity is the most important thing to look for in a recruit before anything else! *All the great accolades on the field don't mean jack #(%% if the person is a problem off the field. *Again, I remind you that he assualted a clerk to try to get his fake id back. *That's two strikes on character right there...assaulting a clerk (female no less) and possessing and trying to use a fake id. *Not the kind of student athlete that I, as an NDSU alum, wants to see representing my Alma Matter. *But, lets do like you say and look the other way because he could be a great wrestler for NDSU. * ??? ::) ??? ::) *Does integrity mean anything to you? *Or is winning the only thing that matters to you? *It seems from your post that the later is the one that is more important to you. *I suppose you disagreed with Babich's suspending of his top two runningbacks a handful of years ago for their vandalism incident *While I was unhappy about what those players did, it brought a smile to my face to see that Babich wasn't afraid to suspend them. *That is what integrity is all about! *I'll forever be more proud of NDSU athletes that go on to earn NCAA post-graduate scholarships, than athletes that broke records on the field while getting in trouble off of it. *INTEGRITY. INTEGRITY. INTEGRITY. *

Bisonguy
05-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Do you have your new broom yet since you seem to advocate sweeping things under the rug? *Integrity is the most important thing to look for in a recruit before anything else! *All the great accolades on the field don't mean jack #(%% if the person is a problem off the field. *Again, I remind you that he assualted a clerk to try to get his fake id back. *That's two strikes on character right there...assaulting a clerk (female no less) and possessing and trying to use a fake id. *Not the kind of student athlete that I, as an NDSU alum, wants to see representing my Alma Matter. *But, lets do like you say and look the other way because he could be a great wrestler for NDSU. * ??? ::) ??? ::) *Does integrity mean anything to you? *Or is winning the only thing that matters to you? *It seems from your post that the later is the one that is more important to you. *I suppose you disagreed with Babich's suspending of his top two runningbacks a handful of years ago for their vandalism incident *While I was unhappy about what those players did, it brought a smile to my face to see that Babich wasn't afraid to suspend them. *That is what integrity is all about! *I'll forever be more proud of NDSU athletes that go on to earn NCAA post-graduate scholarships, than athletes that broke records on the field while getting in trouble off of it. *INTEGRITY. INTEGRITY. INTEGRITY. *

Email Bucky if you're concerned about his recruiting.

Bisonfan1
05-25-2005, 02:51 AM

Who's sweeping anything, how do you get that from my post above ? I am talking about somebody spreading the word on anothers misfortune. IF he is found quilty they should throw the book at him, I dont care to have someone with that type of behavior representing NDSU either. I do not agree that someone has to post all this stuff all over the internet about anyone, and this person is not enrolled at NDSU to begin with. Yep the suspension of the running backs was the right call. I drove the car with red cherries on top for 21 years, I am disabled and disqualified from my job for life now because of line of duty incident/s. I have been in court, been assaulted, and testified more in trials than you have ever watched cops or courtroom dramas on TV. Assaulting someone and you think I want to sweep that, your nuts. I am by far a "sweeper" I have never agreed with some of the BS that gets put in the newspaper about people before their day in court, and alot of times, from personal experience, because I was there, the information was wrong !! So Bison02, keep on spreading the word, for someday you may get sued, and you will be in court. A bit of advice, dont believe everything you hear or read. And again, will you post your dirty laundry here, or just make sure it's everyone else's.

sambini
05-25-2005, 03:37 AM
bucky will handle it fellas. also rememfer joel vettel helps out with the team. he can give him some guidance from the fargo pd. join teammakers today.

kchats
05-25-2005, 03:52 AM
Why did o2Bison even bring it up again? This was a dead issue awhile back and he brings it up again. Has he been convicted? Did he do something else? Let Bucky run his program I don't recall hearing of any problems with his wrestlers.

02Bison
05-25-2005, 04:24 AM
Why did o2Bison even bring it up again? *This was a dead issue awhile back and he brings it up again. *Has he been convicted? *Did he do something else? *Let Bucky run his program I don't recall hearing of any problems with his wrestlers.

I was just defending myself since Bisonfan1 seems to think I "take joy"(his words) in this whole situation. That is anything but the case. I was very unhappy when I read of this in The Forum. If the recruit really didn't want people talking about it then just maybe he shouldn't have done what he did. He's an adult and he'll have to live with the results of his actions. I personally became good friends with two guys that wrestled (one that was a starter) for NDSU while I was an NDSU student so don't think I have something against wrestling.

Bisonfan1
05-25-2005, 04:25 AM
Sambini and Kchats - I hear you on both your posts. It's too bad some people love personal attacks and appoint themselves a member of the "bad apple police" OH did Sambini mention to join Team Makers !!! Sorry 02Bison, but not the first time you have brought more attention to someone in trouble from NDSU. You have to be careful what you say, repeat, and point out unless YOU have personal knowledge. GET IT.

02Bison
05-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Sambini and Kchats - I hear you on both your posts. It's too bad some people love personal attacks and appoint themselves a member of the "bad apple police" OH did Sambini mention to join Team Makers !!! Sorry 02Bison, but not the first time you have brought more attention to someone in trouble from NDSU. You have to be careful what you say, repeat, and point out unless YOU have personal knowledge. GET IT.

You're forgetting who brought attention to himself in the first place by doing something he should not have. *It made the paper and it is relevant to NDSU as he is a recruit of NDSU. *Who are you to tell me I can't bring it up here as a point of discussion for those alumni that wish to discuss it. Have you ever heard of freedom of speech? *

And, oh yeah, who else have I *brought attention to here since you say it is not the first time I have done this? That's right, I haven't. *Way to make stuff up to support your fallacious argument. * *

02Bison
05-26-2005, 12:32 AM
http://dakotapundit.blogs.com/dakota_pundit/crime/

This blog sums things up pretty well...except for the closing line. I think the comments people have posted in reply to this blog are very good points from a similar point of view as mine. To those who disagree with me, I have a right to my opinion. Bisonfan1 and others who seem to have their panties in a bunch over this, I also have a right to express it if I so choose. *You don't have to listen to or read it if you don't want to. *

Bisonguy
05-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Maybe Haugen isn't even a recruit any longer, so this whole portion of this thread is pointless. ???

He isn't listed in the press release for Imdieke's transfer:

Imdieke joins seven other recruits who have signed this year at North Dakota
State. They are Heath Lynnes (Fargo, N.D.), Ryan Adams (Coon Rapids,
Minn.), Zach Molitor (Cambridge, Minn.), David Albrecht (St. Paul, Minn.),
Sean Connor (Idaho Falls, Idaho), Brandon Heie (Running Springs, Calif.) and
Dominique Small (Federal Way, Wash.).

to Transfer to North Dakota State (http://www.gobison.com/pdf7/16485.pdf?ATCLID=121026&SPSID=11989&SPID=701&DB_OE M_ID=2400)

JBB
05-26-2005, 01:17 AM
02Bison, Certainly a good critical writer, the matter is probably in the hands of the coaches *now. *What outcome, at least at this point, is more appropriate?

Bisonguy
05-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Maybe Haugen isn't even a recruit any longer, so this whole portion of this thread is pointless. *???

He isn't listed in the press release for Imdieke's transfer:

to Transfer to North Dakota State (http://www.gobison.com/pdf7/16485.pdf?ATCLID=121026&SPSID=11989&SPID=701&DB_OE M_ID=2400)

Hmmmm.....

The plot thickens. I questioned the use of the wording "signed this year", as Haugen actually signed early in the fall. Looking at the press release when Lynnes signed with NDSU, however, it lists Haugen as "signed this year":

Lynnes joins seven other recruits who have signed this year at North
Dakota State. They are Levi Haugen (Minot, N.D.), Ryan Adams (Coon Rapids,
Sean Connor (Idaho Falls, Idaho), Brandon Heie (Running Springs, Calif.), and

Fargo North’s Heath Lynnes (http://www.gobison.com/pdf4/16025.pdf?ATCLID=119346&SPSID=11989&SPID=701&DB_OE M_ID=2400)

Contrast that with the press release from Imdieke (18 days later):

Imdieke joins seven other recruits who have signed this year at North Dakota
State. They are Heath Lynnes (Fargo, N.D.), Ryan Adams (Coon Rapids,
Sean Connor (Idaho Falls, Idaho), Brandon Heie (Running Springs, Calif.) and

So, it appears that either the NDSU SID has forgotten about Haugen, or in the short timeframe of 18 days between two press releases(5/6 and 5/24), something has happened.

Maybe Haugen's grant was pulled, which freed up a spot for Imdieke to transfer?

Gamehunter
05-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Do you think Imdieke is good enough to warrant a grant? He is transfering from a DIII school. Is it possible that he is walking on? Probably not...

Bisonguy
05-26-2005, 02:25 AM
Do you think Imdieke is good enough to warrant a grant? *He is transfering from a DIII school. *Is it possible that he is walking on? *Probably not...

Mary was a NAIA school, now they're in transition to a DII school. They also have to deal with postseason ineligibilty as they make the transfer, much like what caused NDSU to have some transfers.

He was a four time state champ, and the Class B wrestler of the year in 2004. I doubt Bucky would let him on the team if he didn't see something.

Maybe Bucky recruited him, but he chose Mary because he could compete right away for championships, and was now forced into not being eligible for four years for Mary's transition.

MinotBison
05-26-2005, 02:55 AM
There hasn't been anything in the paper up here recently about young Mr. Haugen vis-a-vis transferring or not going to 'SU or anything else, so I assume he is still headed to NDSU.

Bisonfan1
05-26-2005, 03:15 AM
Well if you go back to "disappointing news in the Forum" thread, it was started by 02Bison. And the meat of the article was about a FORMER NDSU football player, and then your latest about a wrestling RECRUIT. Neither which was enrolled at NDSU at the time of their incidents. Problem with you 02Bison, you can dish it out but you cant take it, and launch personal attacks and make false acusations. My whole arguement with FORMER NDSU fb player, is that should not even be mentioned in the newspaper UNLESS everyone's job description is mentioned when they are arrested. AND what was this wrestling recruits major function at the time of arrest, certainly not attending NDSU now was he. SO if its going to possibly be 58 degree's tomorrow and you want to repeat that on the internent, no harm, no foul, If you want to keep bringing attention to NDSU in the negative way, by repeating what the newspaper says, have at it, your making no friends and stooping to the papers level which DOES NOT treat everyone or occupation the same. AND dont ever, ever, say that I wear panties again.

Bisonguy
05-26-2005, 03:16 AM
There hasn't been anything in the paper *up here recently about young Mr. Haugen vis-a-vis transferring or not going to 'SU or anything else, so I assume he is still headed to NDSU.

It is strange that he's neither mentioned in the latest NDSU press release as a recruit, or is even accounted for as far as the number of recruits. ???

02Bison
05-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Well if you go back to "disappointing news in the Forum" thread, it was started by 02Bison. And the meat of the article was about a FORMER NDSU football player, and then your latest about a wrestling RECRUIT. Neither which was enrolled at NDSU at the time of their incidents. Problem with you 02Bison, you can dish it out but you cant take it, and launch personal attacks and make false acusations. *My whole arguement with FORMER NDSU fb player, is that should not even be mentioned in the newspaper UNLESS everyone's job description is mentioned when they are arrested. AND what was this wrestling recruits major function at the time of arrest, certainly not attending NDSU now was he. SO if its going to possibly be 58 degree's tomorrow and you want to repeat that on the internent, no harm, no foul, If you want to keep bringing attention to NDSU in the negative way, by repeating what the newspaper says, have at it, your making no friends and stooping to the papers level which DOES NOT treat everyone or occupation the same. AND dont ever, ever, say that I wear panties again.

The facts are the facts and they are relevant to the NDSU community. If you don't like them, then don't read them. You may like to only see the peachy things in the world, but reality is much different than that. A kid that repeatedly assaults a female clerk is not someone I would want to see representing NDSU on a scholarship. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

BisonMav
05-26-2005, 03:30 AM
This could be a turning point in Haugen's life. He is in jail for 10 days. Also ordered to pay fines totaling $475, attend an alcohol program and perform 60 hours of community service. Hope he takes the opportunity to use this experience as a lesson, not to be repeated.

"That happened last fall and we waited to see if it was more serious than that," NDSU head wrestling coach Bucky Maughan said. "We thought about if we would bring him in then but it's a misdemeanor."

Link (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=90246§ion=sports)

Bisonfan1
05-26-2005, 03:50 AM
I would respect your opinion even more if you would'nt call people "bad apples" say that some people "wear panties" " got a new broom" and tell others to "move on" when they mention the dreaded word "gasp" UND. You feel you can say anything you want and want people to respect your opinion, but chastise others for their opinion. Thats really too bad. I find the humor in it though that you cannot handle a little debate without getting nasty. Please check your blood pressure soon. Have a great evening. OH, and please JOIN NDSU TEAM MAKERS !!!!